YesNoOk

SF3 Evil Ryu REMAKE (Read 90778 times)

Started by vyn, June 18, 2018, 04:30:50 am
Share this topic:

Poll

Which voice would you be better for this guy?

SFIV Evil Ryu
SFV Kage
Re: SF3 Evil Ryu
#81  September 24, 2018, 01:48:54 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
That intro is fantastic vyn!
You should definitely stack explods on it. Increase the transparency by 50% and duplicate it, and put the second one behind Ryu. Wont be beaten any time soon.
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv

vyn

#82  September 30, 2018, 10:41:04 pm
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
worked quite a bit, here are some screens

Air hadoken: he regains control after using it so he can shoot more than one (two on screen is the maximum) or guard, attack, whatever. Similar to MVC.

air shinku hadoken

shin shoryuuken: i decided to use a regular shoryuken animation instead of the usual 3 punch

next ill make his shinku tatsu and afterwards probably his raging demon
Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 10:58:05 pm by vyn

vyn

#83  October 07, 2018, 09:04:21 pm
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
more screens, ground super tatsu is finished

#84  October 07, 2018, 09:15:56 pm
  • "Die quietly or I shall have to ask you to leave!"
Dem slash effects, really adding 'Deadly Points' if that's even a phrase.

vyn

#85  October 15, 2018, 07:37:28 pm
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
Ive been considering quite a change for my system.

This guy is a mix of more modern systems than most of my characters, like sf5, mvc1-3, mvci, but really he feels mostly MVC2-3 (i scrapped the chase mechanics from DBFZ, it just didnt feel right), so im thinking of going for a 3 button character.

He has super jump controllable while in the air, launchers, mvc supers with simple commands, combos mostly based on cancelling and juggle instead of frame perfect inputs, guard push (to be added), etc. SFV was mostly for frame and damage data, sfv damage scaling as well (no sfv defense scaling though), and the whole V-Bar related stuff (trigger, counter and guard counter) and KOFXIII for most of the effects but the feel remains MVCish.

So the layout could be

x:light attack
y:medium attack
z:heavy attack

a: launchers (directional input for wall bounce or regular launcher)
b: v-skill (counter)
c: v-trigger (still in the works)

this leaves button combinations open for more advanced mapping like:

x+a: grab
y+b: kofxiii dodge?, dbfz rush grab?, hard knockdown?, a super armored move? empty?
z+c: some sort of custom combo?, free supers for a while?, power charge?, taunt? (lol),

assists is kind of an obvious inclusion here but i dont like it unless its actually possible to switch characters so i wont be adding that.

so yeah, i know evil ryu is not exciting at all nowadays, no matter how pretty effects i give him, truth is its more exciting to experiment with effects and system mechanics nowadays, at least for me.

of course sticking to 6 button mapping sfv style is still an option, this is just brainstorming cuz im bored at work and id like to hear some input from you guys.
#86  October 15, 2018, 09:05:53 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
would the super armor function like a focus attack (long startup in exchange for stun?)
i feel like a power charge is a given for this sort of character

vyn

#87  October 16, 2018, 12:20:17 am
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
well his current v-skill (mp+mk) is a counter which, if succesful, puts p2 in a stun state like focus attack does. (for projectiles it works like regular sfv parry). How does that sound?.

could you elaborate on the power charge?.

#88  October 16, 2018, 12:26:32 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
i just realized i didnt ask if he had EX moves. he already seems very flashy, boss-like and meter dependent, so i think a power charge would be a nice touch for him especially if he has EX move. it would help to constantly keep the pressure up and always do big boy damage off confirms
#89  October 16, 2018, 12:28:48 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
if he already has a v skill i would forego the super armor idea. the custom combo sounds more appealing (esp. if it burns meter) ((would be nice in conjunction with the power charge)) (((im assuming balance is not so much an issue here and its more about making the character fun)))
#90  October 18, 2018, 08:59:54 pm
    • USA
I think you should keep the 6 Button Layout

vyn

#91  January 01, 2019, 07:58:20 am
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
one handed hadokens are cool!!

#92  January 01, 2019, 08:10:53 am
I have a feeling that he is gonna turn into Kage  :mlol:

when will this personal crises ends? it just won't stop!
#93  January 01, 2019, 08:30:14 am
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
    • mitia.pogorelov1@yandex.ru
Well, he IS already renamed into Kage on that gif.
Good Luck with that, Vyn!
P.S.: Vyn. Could you, PLZ, send me one sprite of that Ryu of your, in PNG format?
Last Edit: January 01, 2019, 08:33:26 am by Trololo

vyn

#94  January 02, 2019, 01:58:55 am
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
Last Edit: January 02, 2019, 09:56:57 pm by vyn
#95  January 02, 2019, 04:11:58 am
I wonder if Kage has alternate mode (holding start in select screen or alternate def) of your previous evil ryu the current one before your turn him into Kage? or is Kage a complete rework new standalone character?

when will this personal crises ends? it just won't stop!
#96  January 02, 2019, 04:57:35 am
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
    • mitia.pogorelov1@yandex.ru
OK. Here is a lil' present from me, Vyn. A Kage palettes (1-15, EX6, EX7).

Download
P.S.: As you can see in Pal 15 (Oni-Like), you'd like to have that CS extended.
#97  January 02, 2019, 05:17:51 am
  • Niigasan
 Excellent

vyn

#98  January 02, 2019, 06:10:26 pm
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
OK. Here is a lil' present from me, Vyn. A Kage palettes (1-15, EX6, EX7).

P.S.: As you can see in Pal 15 (Oni-Like), you'd like to have that CS extended.

damn... thats a lot of work, tnx a lot man. On release (if that ever happens lol), i will include all of these as an extra download.

I wonder if Kage has alternate mode (holding start in select screen or alternate def) of your previous evil ryu the current one before your turn him into Kage? or is Kage a complete rework new standalone character?

honestly i just made these two specials cause i had a lot of down time during the holidays and ive been loving the Kage hype. Right now he is a separate file.

The biggest thing keeping me from commiting to a full project of Kage is the lack of sprite edits in sf3 style. I could make do with what I have and my crappy spriting skills for everything except his Axe Kick (hcf+kick) and His Misogi (Trigger II).

If there is a kind soul out there willing to make a decent version of these moves in sf3 style i will happily make a Kage character. With the current sprites im not 100% sure i will tackle this as a full project.
#99  April 24, 2019, 11:47:37 pm
Just wanted to ask as I saw you finished your goku project, will you continue to work on kage and SF3 evil ryu ? Your work is the best and congrats on the finished goku.
#100  April 25, 2019, 12:09:39 am
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
The SF3 Evil Ryu project became Kage if I'm correct.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update