YesNoOk

"Mortal Kombat II: Dilogy stages". Update! (Read 31955 times)

Started by TerryBogard, January 13, 2011, 09:50:17 am
Share this topic:

Poll

What do you do on this project?

We are pleased to help, than I can
Just wait
Dull joke and try to derail the project
Angry and try to derail the project
Closing, I strongly moderator
"Mortal Kombat II: Dilogy stages". Update!
#1  January 13, 2011, 09:50:17 am
    • Russia
Attention: allwritten by the"Google Translate"

Present to you the process of creating a "Mortal Kombat II: Dilogy stages".

Was based on version of "MUGEN Mortal Kombat II v1.1" and processed:

- Maybe this is not important, but all the game files are structured.

- All music (except the story intro) is replaced by a similar in a good quality.

- Enabled full-screen, but with the bugs in the form of black bands (visible on all screen shots).

- Removed informal modes of play, while the remaining are called according to official names.
Code:
menu.itemname.arcade = "Arcade"
menu.itemname.versus = "1 on 1 kombat"
menu.itemname.teamversus = "2 on 2 kombat"
menu.itemname.training = "Practice"
menu.itemname.survival = "Endurance"
menu.itemname.options = "Options"
menu.itemname.exit = "Exit"

- Someone (probably the author of the above game) spoiled management. I fix it. Only the joystick is configured incorrectly:
-- A responsible for the LP.
-- B responsible for the LK (the keyboard is C).
-- X responsible for the HP.
-- Y responsible for the HK (the keyboard is Z).
-- C responsible for the Run (the keyboard is B).
-- Z responsible for the Block (the keyboard is Y).

- Because a cursor does not allow the voice of characters in the selection screen, I turned to show their names in the selection.

- Fixed the "arcade" mode Scorpion. Now he is always at its icon. Error developers, since the icon is static.

- Characters "Arcade" mode is assigned to the levels. Reptiles have been the level "The Pit Bottom" (a bug with old versions of the game, because this level was not).

- Location choice of the level (for all modes except "arcade") is now different. Levels are according to the official games. Since the beginning levels of MK, and then levels MKII.

- Removed homemade (unofficial) levels. Total per game (screenshot above) 17 level.

- Hidden characters (Jade, Smoke and Noob Saibot) for "arcade" mode designated level of "The Blue Portal" (exclusive for "Sega Mega Drive") instead of the level of "Goro's Lair. " I thought that "The Blue Portal" is better.

- Because a winning name Johnny Cage reduced to Cage, and I always reduced to sameness.

- Lifebars for teams of two players corrected. Now they both Lifebar for one player. Also changed the situation under Lifebar for one player. Note: Lifebar for the second player the team is above Lifebar for a first team player.

- Also corrected the names of the victorious team. Now they're both on Lifebars.

What is the "Mortal Kombat: Diology"? The answer is simple. I'm trying to join MK stages and MKII on the engine MKII.

Realized that\you want to implement:
- Added only to the levels of MK.

- Need to fix the level name on the VS screen.
Code:
-- The Blue Portal for The Blue Portal (not The Portal)
-- The Pit
-- The Pit II

- Fix screen "Choose Your Fighter", namely:
-- Add icons hidden characters (Jade, Smoke and Noob Saibot, Kintaro and Shao kahn).

- It should be "?" on a blue background in the "Arcade" mode to replace the icon Jade.

- Winning name Cage reduced to Johnny Cage.

Who can help, write to the topic. For the work can give only the original "MUGEN Mortal Kombat II v1.1".
Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 11:41:53 am by TerryBogard

DM

Re: "Mortal Kombat: Diology"
#2  January 13, 2011, 12:31:07 pm
    • Brazil
    • www.rickiecreations.paodemugen.com.br
In other words, is this just an edit?
#3  January 13, 2011, 05:14:56 pm
    • Russia
In other words, I did what I could and I need help. Read in "Realized that\you want to implement"
Added a poll
Do not want to help :???:
Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 08:37:31 am by TerryBogard
#4  January 13, 2011, 09:02:30 pm
#5  January 14, 2011, 07:03:34 am
    • Russia
Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 08:38:13 am by TerryBogard
Re: "Mortal Kombat: Diology". Update!
#6  January 14, 2011, 10:58:00 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
This is your topic and you may post additional information when there is some. Please refrain from double or triple posting unless you're adding information. Otherwise it is just seen as a bump to bring your topic up the page. We take a dim view of this.

And most likely why people aren't helping is that this is an MK game. We have seen LOADS of these, all edited from another one. Most people have stopped caring about them now.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#7  January 14, 2011, 11:04:47 am
    • Russia
And most likely why people aren't helping is that this is an MK game. We have seen LOADS of these, all edited from another one. Most people have stopped caring about them now.
If I could create myself, then we would not ask. Especially since the official website of the game have long collapsed. On this site is accessible only to the old version. A new version of the same, I found myself and brought to the proper form (remove all found bugs me). Something else to interfere to help?
Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 11:07:48 am by TerryBogard
#8  January 15, 2011, 10:05:34 am
The black bands aren't bugs. The game was created in arcade 400*254 res. So full screening that res means it doesn't fit perfectly into a conventional home screen, hence the black bands.
Also your team lifebars haven't got their layers set correctly. Notice smoke coming on top of one lifebar and not on the other.
#9  January 15, 2011, 10:10:26 am
    • Russia
The black bands aren't bugs. The game was created in arcade 400*254 res. So full screening that res means it doesn't fit perfectly into a conventional home screen, hence the black bands.
Thanks, I forgot.

Also your team lifebars haven't got their layers set correctly. Notice smoke coming on top of one lifebar and not on the other.
Thank you noticed a bug with lifebars, but I do not know how it corrected.
#10  January 15, 2011, 10:13:25 am
You have to make sure they're into the same layer as the others. Most people use layer 0 or layer 1, you have to check and add that to the lifebars that don't have it.
#11  January 15, 2011, 10:15:29 am
    • Russia
You have to make sure they're into the same layer as the others. Most people use layer 0 or layer 1, you have to check and add that to the lifebars that don't have it.
The problem is that the copied data lifebars for "arcade" mode. Apparently there is another layer.
Code:
[Simul Lifebar]
    ;Player 1
p1.pos    = 98,33
p1.bg0.spr = 10,0
p1.bg1.spr = 11,0
p1.mid.spr = 12,0
p1.front.spr = 13,0
p1.range.x  = -81,81
p1.bg0.layerno = 1
p1.bg1.layerno = 1
p1.mid.layerno = 1
p1.front.layerno = 1
    ;Player 2
p2.pos    = 295,33
p2.bg0.spr = 10,0
p2.bg0.facing = -1
p2.bg1.spr = 11,0
p2.bg1.facing = -1
p2.mid.spr = 12,0
p2.mid.facing = -1
p2.front.spr = 13,0
p2.front.facing = -1
p2.range.x = 81,-81
p2.bg0.layerno = 1
p2.bg1.layerno = 1
p2.mid.layerno = 1
p2.front.layerno = 1
    ;Player 3
p3.pos    = 98,13
p3.bg0.spr = 10,0
p3.bg1.spr = 11,0
p3.mid.spr = 12,0
p3.front.spr = 13,0
p3.range.x  = -81,81
p3.bg0.layerno = 1
p3.bg1.layerno = 1
p3.mid.layerno = 1
p3.front.layerno = 1
    ;Player 4
p4.pos    = 295,13
p4.bg0.spr = 10,0
p4.bg0.facing = -1
p4.bg1.spr = 11,0
p4.bg1.facing = -1
p4.mid.spr = 12,0
p4.mid.facing = -1
p4.front.spr = 13,0
p4.front.facing = -1
p4.range.x = 81,-81
p3.bg0.layerno = 1
p3.bg1.layerno = 1
p3.mid.layerno = 1
p3.front.layerno = 1
#12  January 15, 2011, 10:18:20 am
p1.bg0.layerno = 1
p1.bg1.layerno = 2
p1.mid.layerno = 2
p1.front.layerno = 2

These are the ones you have to match onto the simul lifebars as well for each player.
#13  January 15, 2011, 10:20:48 am
    • Russia
p1.bg0.layerno = 1
p1.bg1.layerno = 2
p1.mid.layerno = 2
p1.front.layerno = 2

These are the ones you have to match onto the simul lifebars as well for each player.
Thank you, but for p1 and p2 is not necessary. Only for p3, and p4
#14  January 15, 2011, 10:21:56 am
yeah, you have to see that. It's been a long time since I worked in this. So you have to see what tweaks are needed.
#15  January 15, 2011, 10:27:11 am
    • Russia
yeah, you have to see that. It's been a long time since I worked in this. So you have to see what tweaks are needed.
This bug in the screenshot from my first post was. I made a mistake
#16  January 15, 2011, 10:33:45 am
I don't know what bug but some stuff aren't real bugs but more of author choices. For example, if you assign the levels to characters, then you can't randomize the fights if you want to keep the stage order. So Juano, BlackJack and me chose to have random fights instead of level priority. This is a mugen weakness. You can't set random chars and fix the stages order at the same time.
This game got released as v 1.1 with some bug fixes and then it got discontinued because alot of fans wanted different stuff. And you can't satisfy everyone. So we left the project as is to work on other projects.
#17  January 15, 2011, 10:37:55 am
    • Russia
Updated the first post. I made a mistake when copying. Did not correct the number for a player p2 p4, out and error. Gameplay I have not changed. Left as it was only a small change.

I need the characters from the first MK on my game and an updated screen "Choose Your Fighter".
#18  January 15, 2011, 10:43:28 am
Its not that simple.... to update the select screen is a piece of cake. and adjust the system.def and select.def accordingly. However to add Kano, Sonya etc... for example is alot harder. Juano joined the chars into 1 sff (for shang to morph). So you have to add your sprites to that sff and then you have to be able to code it. It's very complicated coding. The characters use ID's. In the fightfx you can notice that by the pics of the battleplan. I don't know how advanced you can code, but if you can't code at all, it's impossible.
#19  January 15, 2011, 10:44:14 am
    • Russia
I understand and therefore it can not do it. If no one agrees to help, you can open the characters on the screen "Choose Your Fighter", according to the screen shot that I recently posted?
Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 10:47:16 am by TerryBogard
#20  January 15, 2011, 10:48:30 am
I see you fixed the lifebars. Random or no random is a choice. Same for stages. Alot depends of the user. Many fans have even been requesting Rain and Ermac.... But then you can continue and add infinitely.
Alot can be done according to your own taste. Adding chars however, is not easy.
#21  January 15, 2011, 10:49:40 am
yeah, the char pictures are in system.sff.
You need to add their pics and add a small copy line of coding in the system.def.
#22  January 15, 2011, 11:14:00 am
    • Russia
I see you fixed the lifebars. Random or no random is a choice. Same for stages. Alot depends of the user. Many fans have even been requesting Rain and Ermac.... But then you can continue and add infinitely.
Alot can be done according to your own taste. Adding chars however, is not easy.
Everything that is written in the first post and this related to me, will not change.

yeah, the char pictures are in system.sff.
You need to add their pics and add a small copy line of coding in the system.def.
I can not make the necessary order of characters. A strange structure "select.def". Link to the original I gave. There, everything is there. It remains only to help someone.
#23  January 15, 2011, 11:23:09 am
upload your system.def, select.def and system.sff. I'll take a look at that part.
#24  January 15, 2011, 11:30:16 am
    • Russia
upload your system.def, select.def and system.sff. I'll take a look at that part.
Thank you for waiting, I came along with the normal screenshots. See updated first post. There's all written down, what should be done. How to check, say what you want to upnload for editing?

Resurrecta, where are you? Read the first update post and tell me what I need to upload your work?
Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 08:41:51 am by TerryBogard
Re: "Mortal Kombat II: Dilogy stages". Update!
#25  January 15, 2011, 08:07:22 pm
I need those files from you:
select.def
system.def
system.sff

So I can edit the portraits for you.
#26  January 15, 2011, 10:18:26 pm
  • Legendary XIII
    • New Zealand
If you guys are going to discuss this sort of thing, i would recommend using PM's or an instant messenger. There is really no point having that discussion in this thread.

Especially not if it results in double posts

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#27  January 16, 2011, 07:43:21 am
    • Russia
I need those files from you:
select.def
system.def
system.sff

So I can edit the portraits for you.
Sorry, you just do not say that it is necessary to edit Cage's win name and the names of the stages in the VS screen; correct Jade's icons  (replaced the question on the icon of jade) will fix Scorpion's icon (do not static but dynamic as in icons before him) on the mountain. Also replace non-existent in the game questions at issue with the Jdae's icons.

Update post & Download:
- All data files (without sound files)
- All chars files

If you guys are going to discuss this sort of thing, i would recommend using PM's or an instant messenger. There is really no point having that discussion in this thread. Tell me and I'll upload it together with the specified file.

Especially not if it results in double posts
For the double posts sorry. Else, I condemn and permitted to discuss.
Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 07:46:08 am by TerryBogard
#28  January 18, 2011, 06:30:47 pm
    • Russia
Help open the files sent to me. The fact that any version of "Fighter Factory" does not see the sprites, animations and even sounds.
#29  January 18, 2011, 10:34:42 pm
Help open the files sent to me. The fact that any version of "Fighter Factory" does not see the sprites, animations and even sounds.

sprites are in SFFv2... and all the sounds of the chars are in the common.snd... then the chard don't have his own SND file, that was created in that way to make the load faster...

to open SFFv2 files, i think bmarquis created one tool, im not sure... but i think also zCharCad can open them

#30  January 19, 2011, 07:06:46 am
  • Legendary XIII
    • New Zealand
Nice to see "please don't double post" was responded to so well, you did it right after apologising for it.

If you need someone to do something PM THEM!