YesNoOk

Comissioning for a CvS-sprite style Hank Hill (Read 53609 times)

Started by Ness, February 10, 2013, 09:23:37 pm
Share this topic:
Comissioning for a CvS-sprite style Hank Hill
#1  February 10, 2013, 09:23:37 pm
  • Nostalgic Addic
  • Working...
    • USA
    • https://www.youtube.com/@NessTheAvatar
I'm a user on here (obviously), I can do graphical updates, sound effect edits etc. but when it comes to coding I suck.  I'd like to learn but I do have a busy schedule ... work, finace, baby, and my other job as well ... so the idea of this post is ... how much do I have to pay to do the following?

CvS/Pots Style Hank Hill ...

I have a good idea of how I'd like him to play, I'd want his sprite style to looks similar to warner's Homer and Peter, but I'd like to see him break the mold for goofy characters like that to become really great ... before I get flammed I would pay good money to any takers to make my dream come true ...

I can easily rip voices and do the voice myself even .. I have some materials to work with...
Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 10:59:15 pm by Ness Vilain
Re: Comissioning ....
#2  February 10, 2013, 09:27:32 pm
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
If you dare not contact me about testing, I will personally send you a strongly worded PM. :twisted:
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#3  February 10, 2013, 09:30:01 pm
  • Nostalgic Addic
  • Working...
    • USA
If you dare not contact me about testing, I will personally send you a strongly worded PM. :twisted:

If I can actually get the ball rolling on this, of course I would ... you've got me through some long boring nights here (at work).  I'm not even sure if I'd technically be able to test him considering all I'd be doing is palettes and arranging his sound effects etc ...  I'd like to make this happen though for sure!

EDIT:

Not drawn by me, but even something like this as a base to work off of ...
Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 09:39:24 pm by Ness Vilain
#4  February 10, 2013, 10:22:31 pm
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
For reference. Borghi created a totally original character, sprites and code for someone for$2000. I haven't seen it, not sure what the sprite count actually was.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#5  February 10, 2013, 10:27:20 pm
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html

I'm not the best CvS spriter around, but my edit might be more in the direction you want to go, IF you're looking for CvS.
No bashing at the other sprite but that must be one of the most pillow-shaded things I've ever come across :P
Meh I've yet to encounter someone who was willing to pay 2000 for a fully sprited char, I don't think much people will put down that kind of money.
As for me, I'm haven't ever watched the series and I can't really envision him as a fighter, but hey good luck with this :)
#6  February 10, 2013, 10:27:26 pm
  • Nostalgic Addic
  • Working...
    • USA
For reference. Borghi created a totally original character, sprites and code for someone for$2000. I haven't seen it, not sure what the sprite count actually was.

I'm trying to sprite a little myself, but assistance is welcome ... spriting might be expensive but if I can make some sort of deal, it would be worth it ... I love Borghi's stuff ... I actually talk to him one facebook once in a blue moon, not sure he'd want to do something like that but if I could might see what can be done.

Posted: February 10, 2013, 10:29:36 pm

I'm not the best CvS spriter around, but my edit might be more in the direction you want to go, IF you're looking for CvS.
No bashing at the other sprite but that must be one of the most pillow-shaded things I've ever come across :P
Meh I've yet to encounter someone who was willing to pay 2000 for a fully sprited char, I don't think much people will put down that kind of money.
As for me, I'm haven't ever watched the series and I can't really envision him as a fighter, but hey good luck with this :)

Thank you Balth, and I actually liked the show more than the simpson's, I own every season that's been released ... And now, he's not a "fighter", but I have a good idea of his gameplay ... Hank was a fullback and an athlete ... and i have a move set based off rolento and a few other characters in my head im trying to implement into paper ... I'd offer probably up to 300-400 bucks for help ... it's not much but I'm not sure really how much to ask you know?  And your edit looks awesome man ... always love your work!

I say CvS Stlye just as sprites ... pots style or even similar to your dbz character's style is something i'd like to aim for (gameplay wise)
Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 10:33:37 pm by Ness Vilain
#7  February 10, 2013, 10:40:04 pm
    • China
    • http://vans.trinitymugen.net/
Jesuszilla イエスジラ says
... LOL
SERIOUSLY
I WILL DO IT
if he got a spriter, I would gladly fucking do it

Do it = programming.

#8  February 10, 2013, 10:42:21 pm
  • Nostalgic Addic
  • Working...
    • USA
Jesuszilla イエスジラ says
... LOL
SERIOUSLY
I WILL DO IT
if he got a spriter, I would gladly fucking do it

Do it = programming.

I will try to get someone to sprite it, if I can't I'll do my best myself ...

How much money does JZ want for it?  Now ... I'm not made of money, but I will pay the man ... he's got a life to ... haha :) 
#9  February 10, 2013, 10:52:10 pm
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
Sorry I can't really take it on for 400 dorrah, it's a project too immense for that.
#10  February 10, 2013, 10:56:08 pm
  • Nostalgic Addic
  • Working...
    • USA
Those are just figurative numbers really ... like I said I don't know how much people charge or whatever ... name a price if I can afford it I'll pay ya man.

I've never done this before, so I don't know what's reasonable and not.  I'm not looking to piss anyone or try to mooch or come off as a cheap ass ...

DW

Re: Comissioning for a CvS-sprite style Hank Hill
#11  February 10, 2013, 11:18:04 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Whoa.... Honestly, I'm all about makin' a dolla mang. Albeit this is an odd request, but, I'm not one to judge. And it's your money. What's your offer? I'll do it. You'd have to commission the sprites as well though... So, I'd cut you a break with the fee for coding. By break, I mean discount, so don't get the wrong idea. :P Let's talk turkey mang. :deal2:
#12  February 10, 2013, 11:25:16 pm
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
Heh, DivineWolf AND JZ are jumping at this opportunity. I'm gonna love the outcome of this if it happens. :):goi:
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#13  February 10, 2013, 11:26:22 pm
  • Nostalgic Addic
  • Working...
    • USA
Whoa.... Honestly, I'm all about makin' a dolla mang. Albeit this is an odd request, but, I'm not one to judge. And it's your money. What's your offer? I'll do it. You'd have to commission the sprites as well though... So, I'd cut you a break with the fee for coding. By break, I mean discount, so don't get the wrong idea. :P Let's talk turkey mang. :deal2:

Not sure what to ask to be honest man.  I've stated before I'm NOT rich, but a couple hundred bucks ... underside of 500 ... I mean ... idk ... will that work?  If not totally cool ... I hate this because I don't want to sound cheap, but remember I got a baby comming in April ;) ... so be gentle haha ... I seriously have no clue what to offer. 
#14  February 10, 2013, 11:29:47 pm
  • Heh heh.. I'm so awesome
    • USA
    • RumbleRushi@gmail.com
I know I'ma lil late but uhhhh...... DF HANK HILL!!!!! L O FUCKING L xD
In the words of my former self: " Our so called leaders prositituted us...to our home...our freedom.."- wait...DAMMIT I FORGOT WHAT I WAS SUPPOSED TO SAY xD! Oh well... Btw lil known fact: I'm Joshua Acklin =P

DW

#15  February 10, 2013, 11:34:51 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
I was just asking for a offer. I'm not trying to break your pockets or anything. Congrats on the upcoming baby btw. :) I wouldn't charge that much regardless in all honesty. Though, I suppose that would depend on the complexity of the char. As far as moveset and all that. I sorta missed that response by JZ. He may have a better understanding of Hank Hill as a char and all. Cause I've only seen the show like...3 times in my entire life lol. I'd charge...hmm...about $250 at the most. In fact, just throwing it out there, cuz I may not be so in tune with this request per-say... But... If you had anymore practical requests in mind, I can be hired for them. Once again, it would all depend on the char's moveset and all. With this guy though, it's kinda a wild card for me... :-\
#16  February 10, 2013, 11:47:49 pm
  • Nostalgic Addic
  • Working...
    • USA
I know I'ma lil late but uhhhh...... DF HANK HILL!!!!! L O FUCKING L xD

One of my favorite animated characters of all time.  Not a fighter by any means.  But an ex athlete, knows boxing ... deals propane (hence i want to encorperate a little rolento into him ... propane granades. i'll have my ideal move set and system up soon :)

Posted: February 10, 2013, 11:49:31 pm
I was just asking for a offer. I'm not trying to break your pockets or anything. Congrats on the upcoming baby btw. :) I wouldn't charge that much regardless in all honesty. Though, I suppose that would depend on the complexity of the char. As far as moveset and all that. I sorta missed that response by JZ. He may have a better understanding of Hank Hill as a char and all. Cause I've only seen the show like...3 times in my entire life lol. I'd charge...hmm...about $250 at the most. In fact, just throwing it out there, cuz I may not be so in tune with this request per-say... But... If you had anymore practical requests in mind, I can be hired for them. Once again, it would all depend on the char's moveset and all. With this guy though, it's kinda a wild card for me... :-\

Oni (Akuma SSFIVAE Shin mode whatever ...)  Is something else I'd like to commission in the future.  So, but I'd do like 300 for hank, and oni i'd do like 250?

I'll have a move list up soon, won't be unreal or too crazy ...
Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 11:51:03 pm by Ness Vilain

DW

#17  February 10, 2013, 11:55:55 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
We'll see... Only time will tell. Thing is, you'd need sprites for them both, which is gonna run ya pockets as well. I can't help you with anything sprite related. I haven't played SF4:AE honestly... Though, I wouldn't mind getting it and researching Oni Akumi for a commission. As for Hank... Well, since JZ offered first, let's see if he's really on board with it. Since I'm sure he has an better understanding of said char than I. IDK if I'd do him justice now that I think about it though... :-\ Not only is he not a fighter in any sense, though I have no understanding of him at all. Time will tell though... Time will tell...
#18  February 10, 2013, 11:59:35 pm
  • Nostalgic Addic
  • Working...
    • USA
We'll see... Only time will tell. Thing is, you'd need sprites for them both, which is gonna run ya pockets as well. I can't help you with anything sprite related. I haven't played SF4:AE honestly... Though, I wouldn't mind getting it and researching Oni Akumi for a commission. As for Hank... Well, since JZ offered first, let's see if he's really on board with it. Since I'm sure he has an better understanding of said char than I. IDK if I'd do him justice now that I think about it though... :-\ Not only is he not a fighter in any sense, though I have no understanding of him at all. Time will tell though... Time will tell...

I'll have the moves, and character concepts up soon, and I am in the process of talking to JZ, and yes time will tell, now ... my question is ... once i pay for the sprites id then pay for the programming when theyre complete right?  Incase for whatever reason my spriter bails on me?

DW

#19  February 11, 2013, 12:06:48 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
I guess...? I mean, however you want to go about it. If you were to commission me for a char though... I wouldn't except any money until all the sprites for said char were complete. That's an issue you'd have to take up with said spriter, with payment arrangements and sprite completion. Once that was established, I'd like half the payment upfront, and the rest upon completion of the char. That's if anything ever comes up though. That's how I do business mang. And, if for any reason I can't finish said char, I'd refund your upfront money, along with giving you what I had done up until quitting the project.
#20  February 11, 2013, 12:15:49 am
  • Nostalgic Addic
  • Working...
    • USA
I guess...? I mean, however you want to go about it. If you were to commission me for a char though... I wouldn't except any money until all the sprites for said char were complete. That's an issue you'd have to take up with said spriter, with payment arrangements and sprite completion. Once that was established, I'd like half the payment upfront, and the rest upon completion of the char. That's if anything ever comes up though. That's how I do business mang. And, if for any reason I can't finish said char, I'd refund your upfront money, along with giving you what I had done up until quitting the project.

Your reputation wouldn't make me think anything less, and that I could easily do ... how would I do the money, paypal or ... what?