YesNoOk

What we love AND hate about Capcom... (Read 18541 times)

Started by Retro Respecter, March 28, 2013, 04:28:56 pm
Share this topic:
Re: What we love AND hate about Capcom...
#41  March 29, 2013, 02:50:37 am
  • PSN&Steam: ViBeZ8282/Le-Fiction
    • USA
    • vonthegreat653@hotmail.com
[What I Love]
MegaMan X and Zero
Dante [DMC3]
Vergil [DMC3]
Akuma
UMvC3

[What I Hate]
Half of Everything
#42  March 29, 2013, 03:55:34 am
    • USA
I don't understand your post.
#43  March 29, 2013, 04:06:57 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
Don't worry about it, most of his posts are pretty damn terrible.
#44  March 29, 2013, 04:26:02 am
  • Fuck you.
    • Philippines
    • Skype - Markpachi
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/-opensource-mps-psds-stages-and-resources-please-put-them-good-use-172321.0.html

Rest in peace, Tamez. Thank you for everything.
#45  March 29, 2013, 04:49:06 am
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
    • ricepigeon.neocities.org
#46  March 29, 2013, 06:56:13 am
  • For honor!
Iroha stripped for me
#47  March 29, 2013, 06:59:44 pm
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
There was a sig here. Its gone now (thanks photobucket ya fecks)
#48  March 30, 2013, 03:07:29 am
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
do you know what i love about dlc discussions? the fact that gamers are so eager to 'blame' developers for the current state of gaming, but are completely blind to the fact they're the ones that shape the industry.
#49  March 30, 2013, 03:10:06 am
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
do you know what i love about dlc discussions? the fact that gamers are so eager to 'blame' developers for the current state of gaming, but are completely blind to the fact they're the ones that shape the industry.

That's a flawed way of thinking.  We don't shape shit, the fanboy sheep who eat up everything no matter how bad or corrupt it is do.  They're the majority, and as long as they keep supporting crappy games/practices they are what matters.
#50  March 30, 2013, 01:10:32 pm
So he says that gamers shape the industry, you say "no they don't", and then you say that gamers shape the industry.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#51  March 30, 2013, 02:23:06 pm
It's true, but he's talking about a different group of gamers though. I will say that I strongly dislike when people side with developers because "it's just good business" when it's hurting their wallet just as much as mine. It's whatever though.
#52  March 30, 2013, 02:47:57 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
    • Guatemala
how many times have you done that yourself? economically supporting  a company whose dlc policies you deem bad, even if you  do so quietly or whine about it on the internet?

i doubt your answer is 'never'.
#53  March 30, 2013, 03:04:13 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
Mine would be never.

The only time i bought dlc was for borderlands 2 and the sfxt characters because i got the game new for just 15 euro. After paying the 20 euro for the characters i regretted it.  The game is collecting dust after playing it for only 3 days.
#54  March 30, 2013, 04:01:27 pm
how many times have you done that yourself? economically supporting  a company whose dlc policies you deem bad, even if you  do so quietly or whine about it on the internet?

Since the SFxT incident, never. The only Capcom DLC I've even purchased before is costumes for SF4, because I liked them. Still, I haven't even bought a Capcom game since SFxT, though that's not really a product of some silly protest that's just because of lack of interest. It's not a personal vendetta, I don't hate Capcom and all it's shit because of this, but I don't like or support it. That's what really matters, even if I DID buy it, that's not the point.

I was saying that as a customer, you shouldn't really support this even if you see some possible rationale on the other side. That's what I hate, even if you buy it (We're all bound to buy some DLC eventually.) you shouldn't be supporting Capcom and it's schemes.
#55  March 30, 2013, 04:39:02 pm

'Bad' is a relative term. I will sometimes support policies I dislike because I want the content (Shuma-Gorath, MVC3), or other redeeming factors about the game have made me want to support the developer regardless of a little scumminess (Catwoman content in Arkham City), but I will never support policies I find absolutely abhorrent (SFxT, Dragon's Dogma, Asura's Wrath, Mass Effect 3...)
Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 04:44:18 pm by Snakebyte
#56  March 30, 2013, 04:47:25 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
    • Guatemala
so...yup, gamers shape the market.
#57  March 30, 2013, 04:50:22 pm
...Yup, my point is 'supporting bad DLC practices' isn't a black or white issue, there's a spectrum there.
#58  March 30, 2013, 04:59:29 pm
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
so...yup, gamers shape the market.

That is not the point you were trying to make prior.

You make it sound like the same people blaming the companies and being angry at them are somehow contributing to these practices.  You know good and damn well that these are two entirely different groups of people.  WE may not support companies we don't agree with, but the average idiot joe will because he's a blind fan. 
#59  March 30, 2013, 05:01:25 pm
So when there's something you don't agree with, those who support it are "average idiot joes" and "blind fans".
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#60  March 30, 2013, 05:37:48 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
There are some cases where people who support that crap can really only be called ...a bit dumb..or in a different and a bit harsher tone "idiots"

Seriously, why would someone who is intelligent support companies which are obviously milking the customers and holding back content which could have been part of the game already?