YesNoOk

Combo Knockdown possible? (Read 738 times)

Started by Carmell, November 07, 2019, 05:35:55 am
Share this topic:
Combo Knockdown possible?
#1  November 07, 2019, 05:35:55 am
    • USA
My new character is almost finished. Just a few kinks to work out.

One of the moves I dont know how to program involves a multi hitting aerial attack.

What I want to happen is if you score 5 hits on a character the 5th hit knocks them down (trips them).

Now I know how to just write 5 hitdef triggers but I dont know how to program it to go off on any 5th hit on a move that just keeps going normally.

I suspect it has something to do with hitcount triggers but my tinkering just made it worse.

This is the move I want the effect applied to

[Statedef 600]
type    = A
movetype= A
physics = A
juggle  = 10
ctrl = 0
anim = 600
sprpriority = 2

[State 0, PowerAdd]
type = PowerAdd
trigger1 = time = 0
trigger1 = var(10) = 0
value = 11

[State 600, 1]
type = PlaySnd
trigger1 = Time = 1
value = 0, 0

[State 600, 2]
type = HitDef
trigger1 = animelem = 1
trigger2 = animelem = 3
trigger3 = animelem = 5
trigger4 = animelem = 7
attr = A, NA
hitflag = MAF
damage    = 18
guardflag = HA
priority = 3
pausetime = 8,8
sparkno = S1000+random%5 
sparkxy = -10, -20
hitsound   = 5,0
guardsound = 6,0
ground.type = High
ground.slidetime = 5
ground.hittime  = 5
ground.velocity = -6;IfElse(hitcount != 4,0,-6)
air.velocity = -2,-2
Re: Combo Knockdown possible?
#2  November 07, 2019, 05:42:56 am
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
    • https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/8108265
 Does the animelem actually matter for triggering knockdown? If it doesn't, you can use the targetstate sctrl that only triggers if the exact animelem where you want to cause knockdown hits and then send P2 into a hard knockdown custom state. Triggers like animelem = -insert number here- and movehit = 1 should work for the targetstate to occur.

Of course, to do that, you need 5 different animelems for it to be 5 hits in the first place, I only see 4 here.
#3  November 07, 2019, 10:57:57 am
    • USA
It's only 4 hits because the animation loops and those are the frames it hits on. Conceivably it can hit way more than 4 times which is way I wanted to make it cap at 5.

Since it can be activated early and then you move into the enemy thats also why I wanted to make it any 5th hit instead of a specific 5th hit.

#4  November 07, 2019, 11:13:21 am
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
    • https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/8108265
 If the multi-hits occur within the same state, therefore, uses the same exact hitdef posted above, use a statetypeset. Have a trigger for "hitcount >= 5" that will put your character in "movetype = I" so that the hitdef no longer can be active.