YesNoOk

NoZ's WarZoNe Custom Portrait Thread (Read 889406 times)

Started by Saikoro, September 09, 2012, 07:09:31 pm
Share this topic:
Re: NoZ's WarZoNe Custom Portrait Thread
#3281  November 07, 2015, 03:47:07 pm
    • Zimbabwe
    • hephaistos1.wix.com/mugen-palace
Yes, I made the general way to get 1.1 WarZone Mugen, but NoZ was not really fond of it, so yeah I'm not spreading this method anymore.
 :)
1.0 for the win, Noobin!! :p
I'm glad you'll have more free time soon. Not me. :D But I'll be happy to see what will come from your hat.
I can't wait to work on Rebirth, honestly. But when... -__-'
#3282  November 08, 2015, 05:59:33 am
  • constructive criticism welcomed
    • USA
    • mugennoobin.imgur.com
Im gonna have to see what new chars have been released since ive been away for awhile ive done alot of the oddballs garuda has taken care of the capcom and snk youve covered touhou and a load of others so i guess now its based on request xD

Perfection is a myth, always strive to be better
My Ports: http://mugennoobin.imgur.com
#3283  November 08, 2015, 11:06:31 pm
  • Scion of the Flames
  • it aint over when you lose its over when you quit
    • Australia
    • DBZxprodigy1994@gmail.com
well i made some portraits for Nightmare Geese (because he is my favorite villain) and Maki Genryusai

#3284  November 08, 2015, 11:15:58 pm
    • Zimbabwe
Maki is not well made: Check the proportions. And I think that this is the same for geese. Not really sure aboit him.
Good luck for your next works, Infinite kusanagi!
#3285  November 08, 2015, 11:19:10 pm
    • USA
    • mugennoobin.imgur.com
good port from a distance, but if you zoom there are some stray pixels in his clothes and some rough edges on makis thighs and her left bicep area by the shadows, overall good work, but im nitpicky because i zoom WAYYYY in, and i wouldnt give any input that wasnt given to me to make me push myself to put out the best possible port i could, keep it up and patience is key, if you dont feel like you want to bang your head thru your screen then you aint puttin in enough effort lmao, jk, but dont worry about time, you cant rush quality and you get out what you put in.

#3286  November 09, 2015, 04:36:56 am
  • Scion of the Flames
    • Australia
thanks while im at it i have a question how do i customize the warzone Menu art? i would to try making menu art soon i also have more portraits but i would like to focus on the menu art for now
Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 03:29:35 pm by Infinite kusanagi
#3287  November 09, 2015, 03:32:03 pm
  • Scion of the Flames
    • Australia
i did not have much time to make these....for umm reasons (Fallout 4) anyway here is Sakuya Izayoi and....Female M bison i dont know what possessed me to do this lmao
Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 03:35:52 pm by Infinite kusanagi
#3288  November 09, 2015, 05:54:18 pm
    • USA
    • mugennoobin.imgur.com
never rush anything, theres loads of distortion and noise in both images, and i can tell you didnt spend too much time on them, its not a race,lol, no one is timing you, when alot of us "OG's" started doing these ports, hell, one port could take us days if not weeks for just one character, im sure everyone remembers how long it took Saikoro to make his Thanos, seemed to be over 6 months but when he released it, it was flawless and you couldnt even tell it was indexed, most of us tend to be hard on you new guys because we had the hardest tutor ourself Saikoro as well as other major art contributors such as GLB, Pachi, etc, and we all started just like this but the harder the criticism the better you will be, my Juri took over 3 months and when i released it it was damn near photo realistic, but i said all that to say this, your biggest flaw i can tell is rushing, dont rush, we got plenty of time and would rather you not release anything for weeks to give the community one masterpiece or work of art than 20 rushed ports in a day or so, your framing seems to be well , make sure if you can to put their heads close to the top like you did with Sakuya, and TAKE YOUR TIME you seem to have the basics and fundamentals down, just work on your cleaning, with 1.0 it is a tedious, boring brain racking niche you got yourself into lol, but with time and dedication and LOOOOAAAADDDS of patience i belive you can give the community some amazing work, patience is key and cant stress it enough, even if you have to take breaks in between ports you might spot something you missed when you come back to it, i know some of the guys here MADE me take a break cuz i did so many ports and spent so much time in front of PS it began taking a toll on my eyes and the quality of my ports began to drop, but when i came back i was back on my game delivering A1 ports.

#3289  November 09, 2015, 10:26:51 pm
    • Zimbabwe
I reuploaded my 261 1.1 warzone portraits on my website. E N J O Y.
#3290  November 10, 2015, 03:43:25 am
  • Scion of the Flames
    • Australia
never rush anything, theres loads of distortion and noise in both images, and i can tell you didnt spend too much time on them, its not a race,lol, no one is timing you, when alot of us "OG's" started doing these ports, hell, one port could take us days if not weeks for just one character, im sure everyone remembers how long it took Saikoro to make his Thanos, seemed to be over 6 months but when he released it, it was flawless and you couldnt even tell it was indexed, most of us tend to be hard on you new guys because we had the hardest tutor ourself Saikoro as well as other major art contributors such as GLB, Pachi, etc, and we all started just like this but the harder the criticism the better you will be, my Juri took over 3 months and when i released it it was damn near photo realistic, but i said all that to say this, your biggest flaw i can tell is rushing, dont rush, we got plenty of time and would rather you not release anything for weeks to give the community one masterpiece or work of art than 20 rushed ports in a day or so, your framing seems to be well , make sure if you can to put their heads close to the top like you did with Sakuya, and TAKE YOUR TIME you seem to have the basics and fundamentals down, just work on your cleaning, with 1.0 it is a tedious, boring brain racking niche you got yourself into lol, but with time and dedication and LOOOOAAAADDDS of patience i belive you can give the community some amazing work, patience is key and cant stress it enough, even if you have to take breaks in between ports you might spot something you missed when you come back to it, i know some of the guys here MADE me take a break cuz i did so many ports and spent so much time in front of PS it began taking a toll on my eyes and the quality of my ports began to drop, but when i came back i was back on my game delivering A1 ports.

but you know the thing is i am new to photoshop and i dont know the tools to add touch ups and stuff if you guys could give me the names of the tools i need i know i could make better ports its totally my fault though i have like no time to make portraits since im going into my final year in high school
#3291  November 10, 2015, 05:06:28 am
    • USA
    • mugennoobin.imgur.com
no tools or filters or anything, just making the stray "dots" go away but blending the rough or "jagged" edges smooth... he colors that is, and you being new is a good thing,and not a fault, this type of contribution to the community takes time, and i and hopefully the others will be more than glad to help you, basically you almost recolor and entire image to make it look as smooth and crisp as possible, try to look for png images, high resolution to prevent stretch distortion, and the better image to work with the easier it will be when you index it, but as far as tools and stuff none is needed, i think Sai still used i think cs3 or something,lol, but it just takes time and how good and clear you want your image to be.

#3292  November 10, 2015, 11:19:39 am
  • Scion of the Flames
    • Australia
 i will probably be doing portraits for Orochi and the Kyo clones soon its actually amazing how much artwork you can find i found artwork for Kyoko (basically a girl version of kyo) and others like Element and Element Kyo and Isabeau i have already found images for Orochi and epic pictures of ken so i will probably be making those portraits for some time

#3293  November 10, 2015, 11:55:11 am
    • USA
    • mugennoobin.imgur.com
i couldnt remember where i saw that Maki from xD i used the same art for my 2nd legacy port i did lol, i knew it looked familiar lmao. i just couldnt remember where i saw it from

#3294  November 10, 2015, 12:26:31 pm
  • Scion of the Flames
    • Australia
you know the funny part i wasn't even looking for that pic lmao it just randomly  came up when i searched up street fighter renders so i was like meh what the hell i'll use it
#3295  November 10, 2015, 01:01:11 pm
    • USA
    • mugennoobin.imgur.com
Same here lol,thats what i did when i tried at legacy,i specialize in making custom,oddball, or make a whole requested character from scratch ie: The Apex,  so when i do a "typical" character its usually the first high res on i find lol, it happens but it just tickled me that we used the same art

#3296  November 10, 2015, 01:13:31 pm
  • Scion of the Flames
    • Australia
ikr about that portrait i am working on fixing it up a bit and stuff probably gonna start making legacy ports again i have a few but warzone's ports are easier to make IMO
#3297  November 10, 2015, 02:13:57 pm
    • USA
    • mugennoobin.imgur.com
I find legacy a bit easier even NoZ said he was gonna make em more enjoyable and easier since its 1.1 i like doing Warzone cuz 1: its where i planted my roots 2: it gave me the challenge to be a better port maker 3: i just love the overall feel of it. Dont get me wrong Legacy is epic but warzone to me is like that first reliable car you ever got that runs like a champ and lasts for many years despite it being an older model.

#3298  November 11, 2015, 02:30:30 am
  • Scion of the Flames
    • Australia
yeah haha i have one more question is NoZ making another screenpack? because i have heard rumors but they are just rumors lol anything from NoZ is gonna be epic though i really hope its a sequel to Warzone though
#3299  November 11, 2015, 07:18:39 am
    • USA
    • mugennoobin.imgur.com
mehbeh mehbeh not :P NoZ is a Flaming cock of confusion at times and you never know what he will drop and tease us with, NoZ is a busy man lol never know what hes doing in his dark shadows of conjuration

Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 07:22:10 am by MugenNoobin
#3300  November 11, 2015, 10:43:43 am
    • Zimbabwe
War2one is on the way, indeed. But it will takes some time.