YesNoOk

My glitchy mugen screensaver (Read 1805 times)

Started by Fishfinger, January 18, 2014, 11:02:44 am
Share this topic:
My glitchy mugen screensaver
#1  January 18, 2014, 11:02:44 am
    • France
    • fishfinger@hotmail.fr
Hi , I don't know if I post in the correct section or if anyone will be interesting in this but I like the result so why not someone else .
It's a kind of experimental thing . It's a blank stage running with hardware render mode in demo mode with a compilation of characters from other .

Its like the effect in the video clip of wtf? by OK Go

I was trying a stage from samurai shodow with an old version of mugen and some part made this effect . So I make it blank and like a box ( to avoid camera movement , I prefer the result )
If someone want it , I can upload it but its not optimize ( some enexistant anim are loading )
After I try some characters ( kof works well ) and keep just the best effect tray maker .

Its remind me bouncing ball screensaver anim : Very hypnotik to look at and randomly messy so I made it my screensaver .
To do that , if somebody want to know , in windows you can generally put an .exe in the windows directory and change it to .scr to get it lauch , but it didn't work and mugen was not able to find the mugen.cfg (derictory problems)
Here what I did :
I generally use a screensaver software to launch different kinds of application : Screen launcher .
You just have to tell him the path of what you want to launch as regular screensaver but if you directly put your mugen.exe , it will make the same error so you have to create a .bat to specify your mugen you want to start .
You have to create a .txt file with notepad and put this code in it :
@echo off
start /d "your mugen directory" yourmugen.exe
For me it was like this :
@echo off
start /d "D:\Jeux\mugen\mugen hi screensaver ed" Winmugen-hi.exe
Save the file and change the end by .bat ( You can name it as you wish )
After this , use Screen launcher software as your screensaver , click config and browse to select the .bat you just create .
It should work find .

Note : I made a relatively blank start screen menu but in the system.def file it say if you enable all menu by putting nothing in "" it should directly be in demo mode , but mine crash everytime .

Hope someone will like the idea and yes , I take a lot of drugs those times .
Sorry for my english btw