YesNoOk

What do you want for MUGEN 1.1? (Read 12612 times)

Started by KirbySuperstar101, March 30, 2011, 11:22:23 pm
Share this topic:
Re: What do you want for MUGEN 1.1?
#81  May 20, 2011, 02:46:58 am
  • 2D Forever. Maybe.
    • www.twitch.tv/brendle
To admit I'd like it if MUGEN stages could play more than 1 song track if there is more than one in the def file
edit: HOLY CRAP! 50 posts! :D
You can kinda do that by using software that converts music files, they usually have options to merge tracks into one. Lots of editing software does it, too. the songs would always play in the same order, though, of course.

Online mode so I could show you guys my Hentai chars.

Nono, I like what it has already.
Online mode would be cool :D

Online mode has a main problem. It requires both players to have the exact character/stage/music when they do the fight. Else it probably will cause an error. And that limits it a lot. If only we only needed to put any character there and that's it.
Not that they would do this any time soon, but I would imagine a good online method would be like some online FPS games. I haven't played any for ages, but I remember playing Quake, if you went into a game that had a map you didn't own, it would automatically download it for you. In Mugen, it would be the char, downloaded off your oponent. Could also have an option to delete any DLd chars automatically after you quite Mugen. I know this is far from becoming a reality, though.
It may be too much to ask, but it sure would be nice to have Player 3 and Player 4 support available
Agreed. I have mentioned this in posts before, I said the same thing on the Elecbyte forums. There is already 3 and 4 player mode, but with CPU, I'm not one to beg, or care if they do it, but I can't imagine it would be that hard to add support for 2 more USB controllers.
-Replace simul with tag. Simul mode sucks
Disagreed.
Actually, I really find the idea of any more players than two to be redundant, since I can't imagine four guys huddled around a single keyboard. Maybe if there was two controllers, and two on keyboard, it wouldn't be so bad. But the odds of two of those people even having controllers is slim, so I don't see why Elecbyte would waste time on something that is only useful as an idea.
Don't take this the wrong way, just saying, but I'm the opposite, actually surprised that most ppl wouldn't have more than two controllers, and think that more than 2 players is far from redundant. I would have never even considered having more than one player on a keyboard, but that's just me.
I said it before I'l say it now:
Story mode so you can edit each character's fight order seperately.
Not something that I would personally be that interested in, but agreed, would be nice.
4. Scoring system as well as a highscore board.

5. A countdown from 10 to 0 durring the continue screen.... and maybe limited continues? (For an arcade feel)

6. Get rid of Simul and replace with Tag Team mode? Why do that? Why not have them both? (I like simul mode)

10. More player ports for 3 and 4 players.
11. I would totally love something like a 3v3 or 4v4 for simul or a tag team mode.
04. Agreed.
05. Not exactly important, but agreed, would be nice.
06. Agreed.
10. Agreed.
11.Agreed.

There seems to be some hate for Simul mode, I'm mentioning this because I'm genuinely surprised, I've never had a negative thought about it. Sure some complicated chars are buggy in the mode, but I've had a lot of fun with it. Crazy battles, big combos, my friends and I have had a lot of fun with it, 2 player vs 1 or 2 CPU's for example. So like before, I'll say that 4 human players would be cool. Support for 4 USB controllers, basically. I know Elecbyte aren't interested though, and I know they have more important matters to attend to.
An anthropomorphic existential nightmare.
Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 02:58:45 am by FrozenDelight
#82  May 20, 2011, 04:53:28 am
  • Still lurks regularly, but posts once a blue moon
    • Canada
Why not we also have a 4 player free for all?

Could spawn a lot more full game ideas like ssb themed games.

Oh yea also...

MORE ORDERS!!! (because ten orders isn't enough for me.)

and maybe some more select.def tags...
#83  May 28, 2011, 08:49:47 pm
  • Shingo KICK!
    • sonicstar3000.tripod.com/

... are you STILL reading this?
#84  June 01, 2011, 09:32:46 pm
  • it'll take more than minimum wage to break me...
    • Canada
    • knoc_on_wood@yahoo.com
special intro for simultaneous mode...

like...if i code and sprite a special intro for yuki and ai for when they are being selected together...

and a team victory pose...

like...if i code and sprite a special victory pose for seth and vanessa...

get super into fighting games... for glorious fun...
#85  June 01, 2011, 10:39:13 pm
    • USA
that's possible since DOSMugen
#86  June 01, 2011, 10:48:20 pm
  • it'll take more than minimum wage to break me...
    • Canada
    • knoc_on_wood@yahoo.com
see...i dint know that...

cool then...imma take a serious stab at it when 1.1 will be released...

get super into fighting games... for glorious fun...
#87  June 01, 2011, 11:39:57 pm
    • USA
Or if you are really interested on that you could just code it in mugen 1.0 and then port the coding to 1.1 when it gets released. Its the same deal.
#88  June 02, 2011, 11:25:12 pm
well I would what they to make a way to make stages interactive with out so much coding or just to make it possible to brake stuff from the stage like walls ground and others  I would like this new version to be able to handle any kind  of stage for
example when you are 640 480 resolution any kind of stage to be made automatically to that resolution with out having to edit the def files of the stages and the colors to look good as well 
#89  June 15, 2011, 09:59:33 am
  • Trying now to act normal
    • https://onedrive.live.com/?id=7DB65F02B0BBD12E!105&cid=7DB65F02B0BBD12E
multiple sff's and snd's support!  great for character transformation and creation team work distributions!  :bulb2:
* Pleasing other people is nice, but when creating for Mugen, you're supposed to please yourself first. -- Cybaster
#90  June 17, 2011, 12:52:29 pm
  • I can take'em out with my fists
it would be nice to have a streets of rage mode like paint town but more attacks it would be like tekken force on tekken 3
#91  June 17, 2011, 12:55:50 pm
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
how about a zoom in/zoom out mode just like in blazblue and guilty gear and art of fighting and kofXII? That would be awesome!
#92  June 17, 2011, 01:19:30 pm
    • Thailand
:stare:

GOH

#93  June 17, 2011, 02:09:57 pm
  • Pure radge
    • Portugal
#94  June 17, 2011, 02:18:42 pm
  • Maker of obscurity.
    • http://tetsuwanatom.b1.jcink.com/
Not sure if was suggested before, but stage interactivity would be really cool, like stages with platforms where players could jump without having to code a bonus game like character just for that and stages which could have special intros with another character and characters from background which could disappear once said character is playable at time. A example of this would be the last stage of Ougon Musou Kyoku which all characters are taking part of background, so if Battler is fighting Beatrice, then both would be not present in the background during the fight.
-Toshio Tenma
#95  June 17, 2011, 02:27:23 pm
*life bars should be able to change color..i  mean going from green to yellow orange and red when there is little hp left.

and

*gief transformations ..we still cant have ssj to ssj 2-3  :P

*stage interactivity like xmcota falling stages or mk3 stages where u reach upper stage by uppercut and marvel vs streetfighter stage with a breakle wall .