YesNoOk

Character KO Sound Pause Delay? (Read 774 times)

Started by Sheng Long, June 01, 2011, 05:39:01 am
Share this topic:
Character KO Sound Pause Delay?
#1  June 01, 2011, 05:39:01 am
  • Video Game Veteran
  • Can you do it? SUREYOUCAN!
    • USA
    • gcnmario.free.fr
Is it possible to delay the time the KO sound of a character is played? For example, instead of playing the KO sound right directly, is there a way to pause the screen for a moment, have the announcer say "K.O.", and THEN have the character's KO sound play after that happens? I see this happening in most fighting games. Esp. in the later Street Fighter games. But Mugen, it's just right away. I was wondering if I could change this.

One way I would imagine is to not have any characters use the sound group # 11,0 for the KO. This idea would have to be coded within a  particular character. When their life hit's 0, have this character activate a pause for a while. When their pause is over, have them play an alternative sound, which could be 11,1, or 12,0 in the sound file.

Besides that, does anyone else have an idea, or better way that could work for all chaarcters?

"You must defeat my flaming
dragon punch to stand a chance."
Re: Character KO Sound Pause Delay?
#2  June 01, 2011, 05:47:58 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Yeah, I can only see the use of an assertspecial in negative states, with noKOsnd flag, and perhaps creation of a helper when the character is killed, which displays the KO sound after a few seconds, or based on roundstate maybe ?