YesNoOk

Austin Serial Bomber commits suicide (Read 6379 times)

Started by rgveda99, March 24, 2018, 01:46:45 am
Share this topic:
Austin Serial Bomber commits suicide
New #1  March 24, 2018, 01:46:45 am
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-43490247

Who is the suspect?
Conditt lived with two flatmates in Pflugerville, north of Austin, says investigators.

The flatmates have been talking to authorities, but were not suspected of any crimes.

Authorities said they found several components inside the property that match the devices used in the other attacks.

Texas Governor Greg Abbot told Fox News that the suspect had not erased his online footprint, which may provide a "treasure trove of information that should shed light on who he is, what he did, and why he was doing it".

Austin rattled by days of bomb attacks
Conditt attended the Austin Community College from 2010 to 2012, but did not graduate.

"I officially graduated Mark from High School," his mother wrote on Facebook in a 2013 post showing her son.

"He's thinking of taking some time to figure out what he wants to do... maybe a [religious] mission trip," his mother wrote.

The newspaper reports that he had recently worked for Crux Semiconductor in Austin as a "purchasing Agent/buyer/shipping and receiving", citing a profile on a job recruiting website.

US media have uncovered a 2012 blog which was written under the suspect's name and appeared to be for a university course that he attended.

In the blog called Defining my Stance, he purportedly describes beliefs that "gay marriage should be illegal", opposition to abortion and why the sex offender registry should be eliminated.

In the blog, he defines himself as "a conservative".

"But I don't think I have enough information to defend my stance as well as it should be defended," he says, adding that he is taking the course "because I want to understand the US government, and I hope that it will help me clarify my stance".

How did events unfold?
The Austin police department on Tuesday used footage from a FedEx store in south Austin, the scene of the latest parcel bomb explosion, to identify the suspect.

Police found several pieces of evidence to lead to Conditt, including unusual batteries and screws used in each device, according to CBS News.

After using the Google search engine to gather information on the suspect's online browsing history, authorities later managed to locate his vehicle.

Early on Wednesday, local and federal officers took up positions around a parking area near a hotel in Round Rock.

As they waited for tactical teams to arrive, the vehicle started to drive away and officers pursued it.

When the vehicle eventually pulled over, armed officers approached, but the suspect then detonated a bomb, injuring one officer.

sailormoongalaxy said:
I had read on Wikimoon, and I found it grotesque it was so wrong.
Last Edit: March 24, 2018, 01:53:01 am by rgveda99