YesNoOk

Inktrebuchet's Sprite work  (Read 297355 times)

Started by inktrebuchet, August 22, 2012, 08:52:57 pm
Re: Inktrebuchet's Sprite work
#101  November 17, 2014, 01:58:32 am
    • USA
    • twitter.com/inktrebuchet
Thanks man!

another update on it.
#102  November 17, 2014, 02:08:08 am
  • Shit
    • vadapega.akawah.net/motorroach/
Dude, I need to know your method on the sprite animations. It just seems so efficient and smooth.

Shit
#103  November 17, 2014, 02:11:39 am
    • USA
I'm working on a way to share it. hopefully I will have it all together soon. I know if I share it here you guys will be able to help me improve it.
#104  November 17, 2014, 02:15:52 am
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
I'm working on a way to share it. hopefully I will have it all together soon. I know if I share it here you guys will be able to help me improve it.

In that case, I seriously cannot wait! Your animations have always mystified me, and learning from you might actually benefit a lot of rookie sprite artists (*cough,cough* *hack* *wheeze* me).
Aside from my needless BS, great anim! :D :D
This is a generic forum signature.
#105  November 17, 2014, 04:47:41 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
that's cool, I can finish an animation in between 10 to 30 minutes prodvided it is already properly animated, but it takes me hours otherwise.
#106  November 17, 2014, 03:45:20 pm
    • USA
I wanted to post something about the process I am using for these. I will be sure to post more direction on this later too!

#107  November 17, 2014, 03:52:14 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Holy shit. I am definitely saving these! But how did you go from Step 6 to 7? Did you use Kiwi's index grayscale method, because that's what it seems like to me. But hell, thanks anyways man!
Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 04:48:01 pm by Alex Sinigaglia
#108  November 17, 2014, 03:53:04 pm
  • Lazy spriter
  • Demon in heaven gotta carry a knife
    • Bolivia
    • network.mugenguild.com/thedge/
Apply grayscale pallete it seems.
That’s when I thought, “good grief”
Just ain’t my belief
Until I saw the holes
Inside his hand
#109  November 17, 2014, 03:57:50 pm
    • USA
For the most part. I know I do some stuff a little different though. And yes, I may have a hi-res grey Strider on my PC. haha

Sketching out the full animation in the first step has been a huge help for me. I resize my base sprite to 1000% and then start sketching out the full animation using 1px line weight. and refine it later.

Shading has gotten faster, now that I just circle the light areas with the Lasso tool.

Once I have everything figured out I resize it back down to 10%

I apply the Apply grayscale palette a bit different from Kiwi but its harder to explain.

I do everything with a tablet now too. all the cleaning up will have to be done with the mouse but I always loved that part anyways.
Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 04:13:35 pm by ink
#110  November 17, 2014, 04:16:32 pm
  • Shit
    • vadapega.akawah.net/motorroach/
I have to say that I'm also pretty curious about the color selecting method. Kind of hard to know how the mix will end up like.

Still, this is a very interesting method, I might try it out some time~

Shit
#111  November 17, 2014, 06:14:03 pm
  • SNK is life
Holy shit that method is cool
#112  April 25, 2015, 02:56:31 pm
    • USA
I should really post here more often...

Strange artificial human with borrowed concepts from other characters. Just for fun.

Also this early animation I'm helping Sean Altly with.

I think I am going to start getting into more SNK-ish sprites soon. Most likely the style seen in Daraku Tenshi, but with some palette changes.
Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 04:02:49 pm by ink
#113  April 25, 2015, 07:54:12 pm
  • Lazy spriter
  • Demon in heaven gotta carry a knife
    • Bolivia
    • network.mugenguild.com/thedge/
That concept character is awesome, and as for batman, it looks good maybe you need to add one or two filler frames to smooth things a bit more.
That’s when I thought, “good grief”
Just ain’t my belief
Until I saw the holes
Inside his hand
#114  April 25, 2015, 07:56:59 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
And as for batman, it looks good maybe you need to add one or two filler frames to smooth things a bit more.

I want to add that you should delete those random lines that pop up on Batman's tighty wighty's, they throw off the viewer a bit. Other than that, I love what I see! :)
#115  April 25, 2015, 08:54:38 pm
I want to add that you should delete those random lines that pop up on Batman's tighty wighty's, they throw off the viewer a bit. Other than that, I love what I see! :)

Stop looking there. :XD:

Amazing work, ink.
The filename of the first character "strange artificial human with borrowed concepts from other characters" says "bride" which is the name of the other girl you were making inspired from Strider. So the question is, this isn't the last look she has, right? Like you said, it's just for fun, so I can safely assume it's nothing definitive or related, can't I?
It's not that I don't like the new aspect of the girl, but she seems another character, although she has the same hair and more or less the same face. Like she belongs to another story (even though you didn't define one for the other version). See what I'm saying?
Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 08:58:05 pm by Alex Sinigaglia
#116  April 26, 2015, 03:08:11 am
    • USA
Thanks guys.

Alex, I am blown away that anyone would catch that! It is the same character, kind of. and there is a story behind her, kind of.

I want to make an original character but not just for a game but other media as well. I have had this goal/idea for many years now. I have been playing with concepts for a long time.

#117  April 26, 2015, 03:11:04 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
I want to make an original character but not just for a game but other media as well. I have had this goal/idea for many years now. I have been playing with concepts for a long time.

I feel you bro, been there and still playing with my own concepts for a while. But the time we invest with them will pay off, you gotta believe that.

Keep rockin, ink! :)
#118  April 27, 2015, 01:28:02 am
  • Spoiler
  • let's bring order to chaos
    • Mexico
    • none
Wow, that's similar to the method I use, I use 8bit images already paletted, make them bigger, let's say if it's 48 pixels wide I'm making it 480.... the thing I didn't do before is to already add color, lines and moves there, I just made sketches... will try your method soon, because I'm nearly there and could be really helpful
            Zorf Giudecca
#119  May 11, 2015, 07:01:47 pm
    • USA
Been busy with work lately...

Here is an update on the animation for Sean Altly's Batman. Still a good bit to go.

#120  May 11, 2015, 07:06:29 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
o_O o_O o_O

Man, how do you animate those stances? They seem so impossible to do, yet you make it seem seamlessly easy.

Other than that, I love how it looks, but:
1. Something happens with the outline of the boot on the last frame, it seems that the light (or at least part of it) blends in with the outline.
2. The chest shading seems to jump up in one frame.
3. Ear outline kinda jumps in one frame as well.

I don't know if I made sense, I tend to fuck up during explaining things. Hope I've been a wee bit useful here. :)