YesNoOk

Sage's Sprites and Animations (Read 139264 times)

Started by SageHarpuiaJDJ, December 12, 2012, 04:02:11 am
Re: Sage's Sprites and Animations
#21  May 02, 2013, 12:42:55 am
  • I've sold my soul to become pixels.
    • USA
    • Skype - SageHarpuiaJDJ

Working on creating a new style. The hands are just placeholders. It's gonna take me awhile to learn how to do hands. So, how does it look?
#22  May 02, 2013, 01:54:41 am
  • Dante for Smash
    • vadapega.akawah.net/motorroach/
The blue arm look a bit too long, and the head seems a bit too big. Other than that, guess it's fine.

Dante for Smash
#23  May 04, 2013, 07:10:47 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - SageHarpuiaJDJ
I'll keep that in mind. Thanks.

Still need to color it, but I'm happy with the results. I enjoyed making these a lot. If anyone wants to color them or use them, be my guest, but don't claim as your own.
#24  May 04, 2013, 07:17:58 pm
  • "A girl is folowing me..."
    • Croatia
Looks really nice^^
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
                      The World Of Strider
#25  May 05, 2013, 02:29:23 am
    • USA
    • Skype - SageHarpuiaJDJ
#26  May 06, 2013, 02:37:36 am
    • USA
    • Skype - SageHarpuiaJDJ
I need something better than At&t. But enough about that:

Spoiler: Finished Swords (click to see content)

I didn't have a lot to work with for the third one. The fourth one's tip was the hardest thing to sprite. In fact, the original sword is thinner, but I had to thicken it out in order for it to look right.

I'm also taking requests now. It can be any sword or handheld weapon. It can even be a combination. I'm gonna be on these for a week, then I get back to spriting humanoid sprites.
#27  May 11, 2013, 06:45:45 pm
    • Croatia
Really cool! :D

Will you draw this?
                      The World Of Strider
#28  May 16, 2013, 10:36:26 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - SageHarpuiaJDJ
Spoiler: Annnnd Done (click to see content)

A million cookies go to who can guess where these are from and their names.

LS' request will be easy. I'll do that tomorrow.
#29  May 17, 2013, 04:37:48 pm
    • Croatia
Awesome! :D

No problem. ^^
                      The World Of Strider
#30  May 22, 2013, 02:37:34 am
    • USA
    • Skype - SageHarpuiaJDJ
 I'm getting back to humanoid spriting again. I'm figuring out how to sprite part by part. I may start going large scale like I did with the swords, but I'm not sure. Which brings me to the true reason for this post:

I'm opening requests for anything. Any weapon. Any person. Anything,well, except for buildings or landscapes since I haven't gotten to those yet. Just a few things though:
-If it's a human or human like thing, the name won't be enough for me. You can provide the series so that I can look it up, or a pic. I want to challenge myself, so feel free to describe a certain pose.
-If it's a weapon, same rules apply, but I won't sprite guns or any modern type weaponry. I want to wait to do those since they may require a little more skill.

As for the original requests, I don't think I'll be able to get to them. Sorry for those who requested.
I'm still gonna do LS' though when I get to it.
#31  May 22, 2013, 02:51:16 am
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
Saiki from KOF 13 in his human form would be awesome. Whatever pose you pick it cool with me.
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#32  May 22, 2013, 02:59:09 am
  • T.G. "Thunder God" Xenomic
    • USA
    • Skype - shinxenomic@hotmail.com
    • http://network.mugenguild.com/xenomic/

Explain more what you mean with challenging yourself? In what ways are you trying to challenge yourself? Going with a specific spritestyle, or close to one? Hi-res or low-res? More explanations! I might have something for you to attempt, if you so desire to try, but it all depends on what you're aiming for exactly~
#33  May 22, 2013, 04:10:43 am
    • USA
    • Skype - SageHarpuiaJDJ
Explain more what you mean with challenging yourself? In what ways are you trying to challenge yourself? Going with a specific spritestyle, or close to one? Hi-res or low-res? More explanations! I might have something for you to attempt, if you so desire to try, but it all depends on what you're aiming for exactly~

Sure! Well, basically, I'm trying to learn pick a style that works for me as well as provide a good fun challenge. I also want to learn a second classic fighting game style for the same reasons and well, I'm making a fighting game.
#34  May 22, 2013, 04:14:29 am
    • USA

Hm....is there any style in particular that you're aiming for? Capcom, SNK, 8Bit, 16Bit, etc.? What styles have you worked with? Is there any that you absolutely don't want to try, or any that you really want to try?
#35  May 22, 2013, 04:24:09 am
    • USA
    • Skype - SageHarpuiaJDJ
Hm....is there any style in particular that you're aiming for? Capcom, SNK, 8Bit, 16Bit, etc.? What styles have you worked with? Is there any that you absolutely don't want to try, or any that you really want to try?

I really want to try CvS style since that's a really popular style here. SNK Style also because it seems a bit simplier. I've worked with mostly small scaled styles. I still want to work with those, but just for fun. As for styles that I'm aiming for, CvS or SFA style would be for large scale, as for small scale, I think I want to develop my own style.
#36  May 22, 2013, 04:26:11 am
    • USA

Well, if you really want to try CVS style, then give that a shot first I suppose. See if that works out for you in the longrun. Now the next question is, do you want to attempt to do CVS style from scratch, or would you like to try and convert a character over into CVS style to see how the shading and all that flows out? Last one before I toss someone at you to try.
#37  May 22, 2013, 04:34:28 am
    • USA
    • Skype - SageHarpuiaJDJ
Well, if you really want to try CVS style, then give that a shot first I suppose. See if that works out for you in the longrun. Now the next question is, do you want to attempt to do CVS style from scratch, or would you like to try and convert a character over into CVS style to see how the shading and all that flows out? Last one before I toss someone at you to try.

I've always try to do my works form scratch. I may use some characters as bases and a reference here and there when I'm having a mental block, but most of the time, I prefer scratching my sprites.

In short, I would like try it from scratch.

lol It's like I'm being interviewed for a job.
#38  May 22, 2013, 04:43:23 am
    • USA

I know, and I apologize if it sounds like that but hey...sometimes it helps to know what you want to really do before tossing something out there, no? ^^;;

Alright, I'll give you two characters then, one to try in CvS style, the other in KOF style. That way, you have 2 to try and work with.

The CVS character I shall choose iissssss~

And the KOF character I shall choose issssss~

I tried to keep the designs simple enough for you to work with. Hopefully they're simple enough for now. I didn't want to do anything complex for ya to try since you're just trying them out. I put them in link form to prevent there being TOO many images on this page.  ^^;

Up to you if you want to tackle those. If you want someone different, I can find someone else~ Up to you! As for poses, that's all up to you. For the KOF one though, try and mimic the original stand pose in the original sprite. For the CVS one, all up to you. Whatever you think fits that one~
#39  May 22, 2013, 04:49:11 am
    • USA
    • Skype - SageHarpuiaJDJ
OOOOH. Interesting choices. I'll do them when I get the chance. Thanks again!
#40  May 22, 2013, 04:50:43 am
    • USA

Best of luck! Hope it's not too difficult for you. ^^;