YesNoOk

Walruslui's new WIP thread (I promise i'll actually update this) (Read 4366 times)

Started by lui, December 01, 2016, 10:00:51 am
Share this topic:

lui

Walruslui's new WIP thread (I promise i'll actually update this)
#1  December 01, 2016, 10:00:51 am
    • USA
Hi guys! So I feel like I've made enough progress with the character I'm currently coding, as some of you know through the screenshot thread, that character is Bardock! For those who don't know, I am helping kenshiro99 out with his mission of having the DBZ EB cast made for MUGEN with MVC1-esque gameplay. I will be working on Bardock and Future Gohan with the help of Gknux, Shinzankuro, and Kenshiro99. Who knows? Maybe there is a lot more in store :)

Anywho, Bardock is very close to completion! Just need to add about 2 more specials, 2 supers and a grab while also polishing him up a bit more and he's all set!

I'll need someone to help promote his current state through a video, please pm me if interested. I won't just pick anyone who records videos, I need someone who gives good feedback and suggestions as well as record quality videos that show of the character well.

Let us discuss the new specials and super i've coded onto Bardock shall we?

Agony Blast

Essentially just a anti-air fireball, it's a lot faster than most and is a bit more powerful to boot, but has a bit more startup and recovery than most

Rebellious Charge

A tackle headbutt that will send you and your opponent all the way to the edge of the screen. Great for keeping up pressure and keeping your opponent on the defensive. Has more than average startup however and if you miss you're wide open.

Anarchy Flip

Essentially Gouki's Demon Flip, except the flip itself does damage and can go up to 7 hits by itself. It has 2 follow up attacks so far, im still thinking of the third one. it's a fantastic combo extender.

The first is an elbow overhead that sends opponents into a knockdown state. Great for mind games.

The second is a kick that sends the opponent to a wall-bounce state where it can be followed up with a variety of things, such as his EarthBreaker (essentially Captain Commando's Captain Corridor), his launcher to combo into an aerial rave, his supers and more!

Lastly is his first Super: Riot Javelin

Forgot to screenshot the actual fireball, but it's basically a Large Zenkai Kiai Dan from Batsu, except it's faster, does more hits and can OTG

That's it for now, I have more stuff planned for this guy so stay tuned!
Re: Walruslui's new WIP thread (I promise i'll actually update this)
#2  December 01, 2016, 11:33:27 pm
  • Koi.
    • USA
    • Skype - Wizzy.WhipitWonderful
    • wizzywhipitwonderful.webs.com
Hey, looks like a promising project.  Sounds like the four of you should get together and create a conversion project for new characters in MVC-style.
Slow and steady wins the race, but there is a darkness... growing inside of me...

And if you provoke it...

I will slay you all.

Donate Here
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=B92JC32FZ5CME
#3  December 01, 2016, 11:36:24 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Cool! Making more frames to smooth his animations out or just saying screw it to quicken production?  Looking to forward to see how this ends up!

lui

#4  December 02, 2016, 03:06:56 am
    • USA
i am compromising with his existing frames, i am trying to be as creative as a i can to add in in-betweens.

I MAY sprite some myself, I say may because I literally just do this guy whenever Im not in school, at work or at home taking care of other stuff heh

OH and his voice file will contain english sounds from Xenoverse, I honestly hate the Budokai sounds as they are very low quality
#5  December 02, 2016, 02:47:35 pm
    • USA
He seems promising. I can't wait for Bardock to be Released. Any plans for adding "Final Revenger" to his Hyper Combo List?

lui

#6  December 04, 2016, 02:33:37 am
    • USA
Changed rebellious charge's properties.

Instead of pushing the oponent to the edge into a custom state its now basically uriens chariot tackle but it can otg

lui

#7  December 04, 2016, 06:41:44 pm
    • USA
i need some assistance guys!

so, i have a character who has been newly sprited for awhile that i would love to code

problem is, im not sure on how to properly seperate the sheet and build a .sff and .air file with them

is there anyone who would be willing to do that?
#8  December 05, 2016, 02:27:42 am
  • Keeping mugen stupid
    • USA
    • fivehundrederrors@hotmail.com
but who is this mysterious character?
#9  December 05, 2016, 02:30:50 am
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
i need some assistance guys!

so, i have a character who has been newly sprited for awhile that i would love to code

problem is, im not sure on how to properly seperate the sheet and build a .sff and .air file with them

is there anyone who would be willing to do that?

Just to make sure I got it right, you want someone to build an SFF/AIR file for you, or do you just need help doing it?

Either way, I can do it in my free time if you want, if its the latter (it'd be a great way to stop replaying the Donkey Kong Country games halp).

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
This is a generic forum signature.
Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 03:09:21 am by Hatter

lui

#10  December 05, 2016, 04:53:01 am
    • USA
I appreciate the offer Hatter! But I already have someone who's willing to do it, I MAY however need help making a palette template :)

no i didn't sprite it sadly, he's a character that's actually been done for awhile it's just that someone needed a coder for him. (OH, I THINK YOU'RE GONNA LIKE IT NOW THAT I REALIZE IT'S A CPS2 STYLE CHARACTER)

Pm me for details m8

also, I will reveal who it is once Bardock is released. It is not a DBZ character.
#11  December 05, 2016, 05:20:56 am
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Glad to know that you found someone for it. Unfortunately, I can't help with pal templates because I suck big time at em, I'm still trying to get used to making proper pal templates for MUGEN.

If its a Capcom or Square Enix character, it'll definitely nab my attention, but I want to be surprised, so I won't ask, just patiently wait. But I'm happy to hear its a CPS2 sprited character. :)
This is a generic forum signature.

lui

#12  December 12, 2016, 08:02:36 am
    • USA
Bardock is steadily progressing, he is in beta testing currently, stay tuned guys!

after him I will continue on with Future Gohan and an additional character for a friend on this forum

lui

#13  January 10, 2017, 06:21:58 am
    • USA
hi guys! so I'm sad to say that I'm pretty much done with what I can do for bardock, honestly the animation quality isn't as good as I want it to be and well, I just don't feel interested in completing bardock.

BUT FEAR NOT! he is not cancelled! in fact, I'm handing him over to another coder to finish, he will be in good hands and I will finish and polish what I was working last atleast.

as for future gohan? maybe, theres a chance that ill pick him up right after but first I wanna do a favor for wizzy that I wanna do for him
#14  January 10, 2017, 09:14:11 am
    • USA
Imma update myself on this feed. I hope to see what you do with Future Gohan & Walruslui. Your Bardock is gonna turn out badass man I can't wait. Seen Bardock's Pick u posted and already new your gonna release something good!
#15  January 10, 2017, 04:40:28 pm
  • Passing Through
Gonna use the standard Future Gohan sprites or going to use 280's one armed edit?

lui

#16  January 10, 2017, 06:26:56 pm
    • USA
probably the standard ones.

i'll try to have a bardock gameplay video out soon
#17  January 10, 2017, 08:30:05 pm

lui

#18  January 10, 2017, 08:31:49 pm
    • USA
which is exactly why I'll use his standard set, I don't feel patient enough to manage 2 spritesets for his left and right sides