YesNoOk

Battle of Gods: Organized Religion Discussion (Read 28788 times)

Started by Chronan, November 14, 2017, 11:11:59 pm
Share this topic:
Battle of Gods: Organized Religion Discussion
#41  November 15, 2017, 04:59:02 pm
    • USA
    • Dumanios@yahoo.com
    • Skype - Dumanios
There's a great discussion on Organized Religion and Islam and Christianity going on in the Donald Trump thread, but none of those are Donald Trump so since Rice said this should be split off I figured why not.

tangetially related image under spoiler that I really wanted to use.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Re: Re: The Donald Trump Political MAGAthread: Revenge of the Obama Birthers
#42  November 15, 2017, 04:59:17 pm
    • USA
    • Dumanios@yahoo.com
    • Skype - Dumanios
Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 05:03:54 pm by Dumanios
Re: Battle of Gods: Organized Religion Discussion
#43  November 15, 2017, 05:15:25 pm
  • More blood and gore please.
    • USA
    • johncrystal00@embarqmail.com
LOL What the heck?!
Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 06:55:30 pm by VGames
#44  November 15, 2017, 06:38:51 pm

we can settle this fight right now.
#45  November 15, 2017, 06:56:27 pm
    • USA
Well at least they got the part about Jesus being God right.
#46  November 15, 2017, 07:25:32 pm
  • The Barbarian
  • Most ****able 2013
    • USA
    • Skype - chronostrifeff7h@hotmail.com
"Started by Chronan"
Officially, best thread 2017! Forget it peasants of the Trump thread, it's Chronotown.
#47  November 15, 2017, 11:48:43 pm
Yes. They were included in my original post, which he GLOSSED OVER to say two OTHER things were wrong, and didn't address at all.

What the fuck are you doing. Learn to read.
Why the fuck do you think he specifically quoted these two things and not the rest when saying "these are wrong"
Because he was saying that these two are wrong, not that the others are wrong

Your argument is fucking mental, learn to read.

YES

THAT'S MY POINT

HOW ARE YOU THIS DENSE
#48  November 16, 2017, 12:16:33 am
But
WHY
why are you asking him about that, why do you expect him to answer every single issue you have with an entire religion and get mad at him when he only talks about two of your points, why are you trying to make it sound like he's excusing everything else that he didn't address. Is he somehow the spokesperson for all of Islam ?? He doesn't HAVE to address every single thing you say.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#49  November 16, 2017, 01:09:58 am
  • all is love in fair and war
maybe the instability of governments in some middle eastern countries thanks to the constant war since the 80's have opened a door for this mess. if you were a kid growing up in a region of the world who only know war, uncertainty, plunder, death, struggle and poverty your entire life, it is not hard to be a violent person, then if through some ancient scriptures you can gather like minded souls and to back up your campaign against the world based on envy, and blind revenge, then you get these extremists,

the real dummies are those people maybe immigrants kids who actually living a nice life in peaceful countries around the world who just somehow want to be back to their root, or be a cartoon hero of their religion and do criminal things murdering civilian just because they feel emo being a minority.

im a double minority all my life in my country being christian and labelled chinese even when both my parents and I were born in this country and  don't speak single word of mandarin, in the 80's and 90's I had enough discrimination and racism in about anything from random kids in the street calling me names like "pig" because it's haram, and if you look chinese then you must love to eat pork and look like pig and official documents being straight out racist, need extra paperwork just because we are less brown skinned. 
#50  November 16, 2017, 03:13:30 am
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com
sailormoongalaxy said:
I had read on Wikimoon, and I found it grotesque it was so wrong.
#51  November 16, 2017, 03:39:19 am
But
WHY
why are you asking him about that, why do you expect him to answer every single issue you have with an entire religion and get mad at him when he only talks about two of your points, why are you trying to make it sound like he's excusing everything else that he didn't address. Is he somehow the spokesperson for all of Islam ?? He doesn't HAVE to address every single thing you say.

Because each point I made was something insanely unacceptable and immoral and, on its own, worth opposing the religion for with all your fucking might. It doesn't mean anything to refute some of it unless you refute it all. If you don't refute it all you're standing behind and defending everything you don't refute.

He came at my original post to defend Islam, whatever he doesn't address he is endorsing.
#52  November 16, 2017, 05:13:44 am
i addressed all of your pathetic points, stop strawmaning.
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#53  November 16, 2017, 05:22:05 am
by all you mean literally half
#54  November 16, 2017, 05:53:46 am
  • Prince of Latis
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Canada
    • Skype - Whiplash-1
I'm not gonna get involved in any real way but snakebyte you're being really dense here, he did address your points already:

What would happen if a UAE/Qatar/Saudi Arabia/Iran based cartoonist did a Charlie Hebdo-like rendition of Mohammed?
whats your point? that extremists will ignore them because they're arabs?
extremists killed just as much muslims and arabs (if not even more) as they have non muslims.
so we're just gonna gloss over the bit about the penalty for atheism being death, and the penalty for homosexuality being death?

yeah I think I'm reaching the point where I can't discuss this civilly anymore.
nice strawman why don't you offer a rebuttal to what i said instead of sneaking around it? i already replied to melcore about the penalty for not being a muslim but i guess i didn't go into details so here goes nothing...
islam doesn't allow the killing of non muslims if they're not fighting them, only in a defensive war a muslim has to fight them. melcore's claim about muhammad invading mecca unprovoked is nonsense, mecca tribes have fought with him and tried to kill him lots of times.
as for for punishing homosexuality with death, even though the sharia law may allow for the death penalty for homosexuality, it doesn't mean that such a crazy law is enforced.
not only is it barbaric and cruel, its also not worth policing and its a very exploitable law. what prevents a corrupt police man, for example, from falsely claiming he found two men having sex.
out of all the middle east and north africa, only a handful of countries still enforce it. the death penalty for homosexuality is the least of those countries problems tho (isis, yemen, sudan etc...).

#55  November 16, 2017, 10:25:58 am
#56  November 16, 2017, 03:23:29 pm
    • USA
In the game he's not a god or in the Bible he's not a god? Plenty of scripture to prove He was God and is the only God you'll meet in heaven if you make it.
#57  November 16, 2017, 04:45:07 pm
Scriptures don't "prove" anything. Holy shit are we really going to have to discuss this. Or do we first have to address the fact that different branches of Christianity see Jesus as God and others say he is not God, and they all have their own scriptures that are all equally valid as proof (which is not at all). Or can we just shove it all away by remembering that VGames is a complete fucking retard.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#58  November 16, 2017, 05:01:35 pm
no he wasn't.  well here's the thing i know about him it's quite little , intriguing his life was i'm not a fan of his pacifistic views.
3rd son of joseph. he had 7 siblings , (vatican argues he is  the 1st son because they said they were half-brothers from joseph's first marriage)
carpenter by trade (he's probably rich or at least an upper middle class or lower upper class not everybody could afford to travel back then)
he held some authority in jerusalem probably because his dad was loaded and worked for the romans.
there are speculations that he was married to a woman that is from a greek descent. seeing his family tomb(another evidence that they were rich) has one coffin has a name with a greek name.

oh and one asshole from saudi hired people to steal his brother coffin and now in his private museum , that guy suck balls.

Holy shit are we really going to have to discuss this.

why not? i already drank 4 beers and half way through a bottle of rum. i'm ready for this.
Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 05:10:43 pm by 地獄の花
#59  November 16, 2017, 05:08:54 pm
  • The Barbarian
  • Most ****able 2013
    • USA
    • Skype - chronostrifeff7h@hotmail.com
You forgot to mention that Jesus was also a reptilian space jew. I used to watch the History Channel too, good stuff all around.
#60  November 16, 2017, 05:20:41 pm
    • USA
Well I'm gonna waste my time explaining how Jesus was God in the flesh if you guys don't even believe in a god anyways. My words will fall on deaf ears and hard hearts.

@ Byakko - Retard? Yeah ok. 162 IQ over here and I'm retarded.
Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 05:23:45 pm by VGames