YesNoOk

Dragon Ball FighterZ (Xbone)(PS4)(PC) (Read 1009560 times)

Started by Moon Girard, June 09, 2017, 04:33:13 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Dragon Ball FighterZ (Xbone)(PS4)(PC)
#621  January 18, 2018, 09:59:18 am
  • Hedgehog Whisperer
  • Red Bull addict
    • Spain
    • xgargoyle.mgbr.net
they were called "artificial humans"
XGargoyle: Battle posing since 1979
http://xgargoyle.mgbr.net
http://www.pandorabots.com/pandora/talk?botid=e71c0d43fe35093a  <-- Please click that link
http://paypal.me/XGargoyle  <-- Donations welcome!
#622  January 18, 2018, 04:58:44 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
It's realy confusing how Dragon Ball Z used the term Android, technicaly only 16 and 19 are real Androids, 17 and 18 would by Cyborgs, Dr. Gero would probably a Cyborg too since he still has a Organic Brain, and Cell would be some kind of Replicant, if I'm not wrong.
Not sure about 21 yet because we don't know her full story yet.

yah, you are correct about the terms, byakko explained why things are what they are.
#623  January 18, 2018, 05:34:47 pm
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Not for nothing, calling them Cyborg 17 and Cyborg 18 doesn't have the same ring as Android 17/18.  And Artificial Human is even worse to be repeating over and over.  Though I think it would have been better for them to just switch over to saying Number 18 and such after the Cell saga was all done and over. (Written as #18)  I mean, they had the episode in Z even explaining that they're not actual androids in the tournament where Shin first appears.

Or, you know, just use their actual names Lapis and Lazuli, considering they're not undergoing some post-cyberization trauma about no longer being human and just want to be called by their tags.
#624  January 18, 2018, 06:12:10 pm
weren't the names Lapi and Lazuli invented much more recently, way after the manga ended ? I think I heard about it around the BoG movie, is that right ? And by that time everyone (in the English speaking community) was long used to calling them Android 18 etc. In French they're called C18/C17 for cyborg. Then again C16 isn't a cyborg either (and neither was C8 all the way back in Dragon Ball, I'm not sure what they did at the time) but at least that's less noticeable. Either way it's the translation's fault. In Japan they're "artificial humans" and people just call them "number 18/17" (juu hachi gou, juu nana gou).
That would be the most logical, but calling someone "number something" would probably be weird in English. I think they did try that a few times in the French dub but that shit never really had any guideline.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 06:18:11 pm by Byakko
#625  January 18, 2018, 06:16:14 pm
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
Or, you know, just call them Seventeen and Eighteen.
#626  January 18, 2018, 08:27:23 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
Cell is a good comparison; this reminds me of all those tioems in db topic when we talk how db androids are not like scifi androids as dragon ball is originally japanese and the word for android was enver used by toriyama and how that word in other works (such as nest clones from kof) gets more ro less trasnalted to artificial humans.

It's realy confusing how Dragon Ball Z used the term Android, technicaly only 16 and 19 are real Androids, 17 and 18 would by Cyborgs, Dr. Gero would probably a Cyborg too since he still has a Organic Brain, and Cell would be some kind of Replicant, if I'm not wrong.

Not sure about 21 yet because we don't know her full story yet.
An "android" isn't necesarily an automata or robot, it just has to be a human-like synthetic organism. Cell is as much of android as 8, 16 and 19, even though he's never really called one (and Blade Runner's replicants are androids too).

17, 18 and Doctor Gero aren't really androids, but considering Gero made the sibling  as a branch of his android research and as a stepping stone towards Cell it makes sense from his perspective to lump them with the androids and keep the numbering.
Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 08:39:41 pm by Foobs Sese Seko Nkuku Ngben...
#627  January 19, 2018, 04:23:21 pm
now that i had seen the scans she's like a mash of beerus , super buu and 21.
#628  January 21, 2018, 08:07:07 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
An "android" isn't necesarily an automata or robot, it just has to be a human-like synthetic organism. Cell is as much of android as 8, 16 and 19, even though he's never really called one (and Blade Runner's replicants are androids too).

and then there's that novels where silicon based lifeforms (aliens) make carbon based mining mchines/robots and pretyt much destroy humanity because they think we are soem shitty carbon based machinery the realt living being left abandoned in earth.
#629  January 22, 2018, 05:47:09 am
    • Argentina
"majin" android 21 gameplay :)
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#630  January 22, 2018, 10:58:02 am
her gameplay is probably the most easiest to learn. i like it.
#631  January 22, 2018, 01:28:27 pm
lol #20 alt colors
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#632  January 22, 2018, 05:41:14 pm
  • ???
    • UK
    • Skype - koopakootmugen
Ah so that's what that colour scheme is. I knew it was familiar.

#633  January 23, 2018, 01:01:49 pm
ha cell's dialogues in this game are amazing.
#634  January 24, 2018, 05:46:50 pm
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
This thing is pure genius!

#635  January 25, 2018, 06:43:13 pm
Just walking out of the store with my copy
The guy told me they got an internal confirmation that the first dlc char was going to be Broly, and most likely around early March, a month after release so people can finish the story mode.
Okay.
#636  January 26, 2018, 12:26:13 am
    • Venezuela
    • Blacksight22@Yahoo.Com.Ve
    • Skype - sebastian.osio
I have no prob about Broccoli being DLC, I'd buy him.
Who here pre-ordered?

#637  January 26, 2018, 12:30:53 am
    • USA
    • lndnrivers@yahoo.com
I did but the day one purchase at PSN. The fighter z and ultimate edition was too much
#638  January 26, 2018, 08:46:43 pm
  • I want to learn, no criticize
    • Dominica
    • yaretromero@hotmail.com
4.2 GB steam version  :o
#639  January 26, 2018, 10:14:03 pm
    • Venezuela
    • Blacksight22@Yahoo.Com.Ve
    • Skype - sebastian.osio
Oh I thought It'd be way heavier

!E

#640  January 27, 2018, 01:37:58 am
    • Canada
Okay, just tested it on my steam, Butter smooth at 5K resolution with 60fps on max setting.
The only 2 fighting game I play are Street Fighter and Versus series. DBFZ is a little confusing with only 1 button combo. :S

Couple of shots in 5k Glory,