YesNoOk

Elemental Showdown (Element/Attribute-based Fighting game) (Read 5766 times)

Started by TheArcadeStriker, May 01, 2018, 03:13:16 am
Elemental Showdown (Element/Attribute-based Fighting game)
#1  May 01, 2018, 03:13:16 am
  • Now with extra crispiness
    • Venezuela
Though I don't have any actual character concepts or designs thought, I have a general idea about what this game would mainly feature:
The controls would be 2 "physical"/punch/kick buttons and 2 "special/attribute" buttons, and said special/attribute attacks can be anything; but they would use a specific character's special ability, attribute or element; and the reason why this matters is because there would be a matchup system similar to something like Pokémon where a Fire-type attack damages a Grass-type opponent (As in, if you use a fire-using character's special attacks against a grass-type character, it would cause extra damage or effects). A way to keep balance with a system like this would be adding counter bonus damage to disadvantaged-attribute characters (eg: Grass-type char has additional counter damage against Fire-type) as well as the physical attacks not being mostly affected by any of both characters types).

A thing that could be introduced through this attribute system could be effects caused by certain character attacks/specials, like Burn, Poison or Freeze to vulnerable characters...y'know, just like Pokémon. And while I don't exactly mean this being a pokémon fighter at all, probably using the similarities in concepts can be the easiest way to explain the idea of a attribute-based (for the most part) fighting game that doesn't necessarily have to use Pokémon at all.

And by the way, the name is not final by any means; I even struggled to think a name to present this idea. If anyone can think a better name, it could be some good help.