YesNoOk

Hokuto no Ken: Shinpan no Sōsōsei M.U.G.E.N. version updated 04/27/2011 (Read 153530 times)

Started by Lord Mike, May 08, 2010, 08:49:42 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Hokuto no Ken: Shinpan no Sōsōsei M.U.G.E.N. version updated 7/31/2010
#61  August 04, 2010, 02:22:48 am
  • (||| ゚Д゚)
Looks like you miss Rei's special KO against Yuda.

Although is cheap, doesn't mean you always win with that.
#62  August 04, 2010, 09:58:41 am
  • 見ろ! これが執念の力だ!
    • Somalia

Not on purpose. Rei has the code ready for a special fatal ko against Juda.
But there is a big problem with Juda.
He does not have the animations and the proper snd files for that cutscene.
If i enable that feature and let Rei recognize Juda in the fatal ko sequence, you would only see Rei holding air in his hands and speaking by himself, while Juda is lying dead on the ground...
So, IMO it's better to have a simple FKO, than an incomplete one. For the time being, it will have to do...
何故諦める必要がある? 何を迷うことがある奪い取れ。今は悪魔が微笑む時代なんだ。
#63  August 04, 2010, 01:04:45 pm
  • (||| ゚Д゚)

Not on purpose. Rei has the code ready for a special fatal ko against Juda.
But there is a big problem with Juda.
He does not have the animations and the proper snd files for that cutscene.
If i enable that feature and let Rei recognize Juda in the fatal ko sequence, you would only see Rei holding air in his hands and speaking by himself, while Juda is lying dead on the ground...
So, IMO it's better to have a simple FKO, than an incomplete one. For the time being, it will have to do...

Okay then...... I'll waiting for Juda's updates.

Although is cheap, doesn't mean you always win with that.
#64  August 05, 2010, 02:57:48 am
  • Recreation
Did you ever consider adding a config file allowing us to align our Y coordinates of the HNK power bars and cool jank?

I use 1.0.
Or you could tell me what I have to edit in all of these characters.
#65  August 05, 2010, 04:06:09 am
  • Sunglasses at night
    • USA
Did you ever consider adding a config file allowing us to align our Y coordinates of the HNK power bars and cool jank?

I use 1.0.

it's not a complete fix, but Heart already comes with that feature, just saying  ;P
#66  August 05, 2010, 12:05:10 pm
  • 見ろ! これが執念の力だ!
    • Somalia

I use 1.0.

Such a feature was available in drowin's kenshiro...
Here is the code for it, maybe you can reproduce it in the other chars, if you have the patience to find what vars need to be changed :D

[state 0,0]
type = varadd
trigger1 = var(38) <= 0
trigger1 = var(41) != 0
trigger1 = command = "holdup"
v = 58
value = -1
;persistent = 2
[state 0,0]
type = varadd
trigger1 = var(38) <= 0
trigger1 = var(41) != 0
trigger1 = command = "holddown"
v = 58
value = 1
;persistent = 2
[state 0,0]
type = varadd
trigger1 = var(38) <= 0
trigger1 = var(41) = 2
trigger1 = command = "holdback"
v = 52
value = -1
persistent = 4
[state 0,0]
type = varadd
trigger1 = var(38) <= 0
trigger1 = var(41) = 2
trigger1 = command = "holdfwd"
v = 52
value = 1
;persistent = 4

Add this code in the intro statedef (190)

If memory serves correct, with up and down you could move the vital stars, and with left and right you could move the boost bar (on the Y axis).
#67  August 06, 2010, 02:06:55 am
  • "OHHH YES!"
    • Canada
The latest update for Drowin's Raoh has a flickering Super KO BG for the fatal ko sign, didn't you fix this previously? :S
Also, fix the bug with Ataru's Raoh where he gets stuck in midair in one of his fallstate codes. Go into SAIKEI-AI(in his folder), open Raohcommon, go to statedef 5050, and either null or remove the posfreeze sctrl there to fix this error. Also, the error that is causing the flicker is caused by the pause sctrls in the super ko background. You may have to find a workaround for these or just remove them for it to work better.

But are there truly grown men in this world?!
Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 02:28:00 pm by Evil Homer
#68  August 06, 2010, 08:32:32 pm
  • 見ろ! これが執念の力だ!
    • Somalia
The latest update for Drowin's Raoh has a flickering Super KO BG for the fatal ko sign, didn't you fix this previously? :S
Also, fix the bug with Ataru's Raoh where he gets stuck in midair in one of his fallstate codes. Go into SAIKEI-AI(in his folder), open Raohcommon, go to statedef 5050, and either null or remove the posfreeze sctrl there to fix this error. Also, the error that is causing the flicker is caused by the pause sctrls in the super ko background. You may have to find a workaround for these or just remove them for it to work better.

Thank you for these helpful tips. I had no idea where to fix Ataru's Raoh air stun....It was really bugging me, because he had all the features in him (unlike drowin's which has 3 missing moves). I'm working on it right now.
Done.
Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 11:09:53 pm by lordmike
Re: Hokuto no Ken: Shinpan no Sōsōsei M.U.G.E.N. version updated 8/09/2010
#69  August 06, 2010, 11:09:17 pm
  • 見ろ! これが執念の力だ!
    • Somalia
A new update available as of 9th of August 2010.

http://www.This link no longer works, sorry/?d=GC5C8JDU

**Rei
•Created his special Fatal KO scene with Mamiya (it's important to get the new Mamiya too for maximum quality experience)
•Created his special Fatal KO scene with Juda (it's important to get the new Juda for this scene, the other versions miss the animation required for this cut-scene)
(see the screenshots below)
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

**Kenshiro by SAIKEI
•changed boost bar and vital star gauges position
•added aura bar with God Fist Blow/Deadly Fist Blow text messages
•added missing sounds, missing palettes
•added special intros, special FKO win speach

**Raoh by Ataru
-Thanks to Evil Homer's tips, now he won't get stuck in the air during hits or combos (i owe him big time for this!!)
-Coded a little something in him and now when he uses Hiko Shinketsu Shuu attack, the enemy will be pierced in the chest and not in the foot, stomach, but/etc

**Mamiya and Juda
-Yu-Toharu finished Mamiya a few days ago and i've synced her gauges with Zohar's lifebar and some animations with Saikei's Kenshiro
-synced Mamiya's animation with Rei to have the special Fatal KO cut-scenes and added an animation for Juda for his special FKO with Rei
-note that Juda-(Nericya) does not have any single sprite from that cut-scene with Rei, nor does he have the sound files, so i had to use similar sprites, and some poses are just....uhm, well not that pretty, but it's better than nothing i guess...

**Raoh by drowin
-fixed his flickering background for his FKO sign (or so i hope, let me know if it still does)

I've finally found a working link for the edited version of Ahuron's Shin by Heisei-Centi. :sugoi: You can find him next to the other chars fallowing the link below (Download Shin2). The AI is simply amazing.

Download link: http://cid-c41af243452cc3c6.office.live.com/browse.aspx/Update%2006.08.2010?nl=1&uc=6

Some demo videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPoVd9uzXUw (Rei vs Juda Fatal KO)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxP3ZzIL5e4 (Rei vs Mamiya Fatal KO)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bA7TIIF8qzo (Shin's suicide KO)
Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 01:06:17 pm by lordmike
Re: Hokuto no Ken: Shinpan no Sōsōsei M.U.G.E.N. version updated 8/17/2010
#70  August 17, 2010, 04:40:53 pm
  • 見ろ! これが執念の力だ!
    • Somalia
Updated, 17/08/2010

Thanks to Mr.Saikei and his brilliant coding , i've been able to improve the fatal ko animation, sign and sound in all characters. God bless this man!
Another thing i was able to improve is the pose for all chars during Souther's Pyramid Top Drop attack, thanks to Yu-Toharu's coding. Now all chars are using the 820 animation (as it can be seen in the screenshots below).

Raoh's pose is a little awkward then the other chars since he is so much bigger then your average char and he is the only one who is actually holding the pyramid top with one hand! In the original game you get a zoom out while this scene is played, but you can't get it in mugen, so that's why he is placed a few stairs down the pyramid.

A quick promo video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RwbEZcUQQg
DL: http://cid-c41af243452cc3c6.office.live.com/browse.aspx/Update%2017.08.2010
Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 05:46:54 pm by lordmike
Re: Hokuto no Ken: Shinpan no Sōsōsei M.U.G.E.N. version updated 8/28/2010
#71  August 28, 2010, 11:28:18 am
  • 見ろ! これが執念の力だ!
    • Somalia
Updated, 28th of August 2010

This time around i have been working on the effect department, so after some struggling, i have managed to implement the following:
-animation effect for the boost bar and aura bar (that "white bubble thing" that moves from left to right when you have at least one stock of boost) to all chars
-the taunt effect: when you press start to taunt the enemy, he will receive 1 boost stock and 1 aura stock
-made the vital stars not overlap the character anymore. (i.e.: Thouther's bike or when Raoh is on his horse)
-added the "KENOH effect" to Ataru's Raoh (that aura that can be seen over his shoulders and helmet in intros)
-the stun effect: that little joystick that appears in game when you hit your opponent with the vanishing strike.

Screenshots:

DL: http://cid-c41af243452cc3c6.office.live.com/browse.aspx/Update%2028.08.2010?nl=1&uc=5

Have fun!
Last Edit: August 28, 2010, 09:22:00 pm by lordmike
#72  August 29, 2010, 01:56:46 am
  • MUGEN THe DReam COme TRue
I was tryin Shin's FKO and it happened

Also, Kenshiro's heavy strike is too short if u compare it with other chars
mmmmm, well i resize HNK chars, in couple chars(kenshiro, as pic, Juda NOT), some effects are not resized, i fix it manually but maybe could be automatically like juda, dig it?

#73  August 29, 2010, 03:42:17 am
  • son of sparda
    • nmowner.webs.com/
i have some feedback on rei and judas fatal ko.

you should separate the audio from the voices because i was going to add a remix of you wa shock song but
the audio voices is combined with the ingame music.
nMo new generation of mugen exposure
#74  August 29, 2010, 09:04:08 am
  • 見ろ! これが執念の力だ!
    • Somalia
I was tryin Shin's FKO and it happened

Also, Kenshiro's heavy strike is too short if u compare it with other chars
mmmmm, well i resize HNK chars, in couple chars(kenshiro, as pic, Juda NOT), some effects are not resized, i fix it manually but maybe could be automatically like juda, dig it?

I know about that glitch, but it happens only in training. I could not figure out yet how ahuron coded him to remain in that position after he uses the fatal ko. Thouther has this glitch too...

i have some feedback on rei and judas fatal ko.

you should separate the audio from the voices because i was going to add a remix of you wa shock song but
the audio voices is combined with the ingame music.
I don't know how to separate it. The audio for that cut-scene is ripped from the arcade version, as Nericya's Juda did not have any of his lines (as it can be seen, he misses the sprites too, i've used similar sprites).
The trick i've used is simple: i've used a trigger = nomusic and had that sound rip added when the cut-scene begins.
Last Edit: August 29, 2010, 09:09:41 am by lordmike
Re: Hokuto no Ken: Shinpan no Sōsōsei M.U.G.E.N. version updated 8/31/2010
#75  August 31, 2010, 01:03:33 pm
  • 見ろ! これが執念の力だ!
    • Somalia
Updated, 31/08/2010

I have stabilized Jagi by Ts. All of his backgrounds for super moves were flickering all the time (or didn't show at all). At least when i used him they did.
Withing this edit:
-new super BG that will not overlap the lifebar or flicker
-changed the code and the animation for his Fatal KO red BG and fire BG so they won't flicker or not show up when they should
-changed the code for the Fatal KO sign

Shin by ahuron
-Added special LoseKO for Kenshiro.

Thouther by ahuron
-Added special LoseKO's for Kenshiro, Raoh, Toki, Jagi and Mamiya.
-Added superior AI thanks to user elparty: the ai is not as spectacular as SAIKEI's or as evil as Heisei Centi's, but it's fun to play against: it does combos, it uses the fatal ko given the chance; it won't fool around with moves that don't do damage.

2 more edits:

Raoh ATL by Ataru
-Added special LoseKO's for Kenshiro and Thouther.

Rei by ahuron
-Added the falling feathers animation for his water bird fatal ko

DL: http://cid-c41af243452cc3c6.office.live.com/browse.aspx/Update%2031.08.2010?nl=1&uc=3
Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 10:42:46 pm by lordmike
#76  August 31, 2010, 05:55:16 pm
 ;D But note that I did not make this AI, I had it from some other website, dont recall where because it was a long time ago. I assume some people might recognize this AI and know where it was from.

Readme said the AI is from: http://www.geocities.jp/onndoxuru/

But is currently offline it seems.
Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 06:06:53 pm by elparty
#77  September 01, 2010, 06:48:39 pm
  • 見ろ! これが執念の力だ!
    • Somalia
Updated, 01.09/2010

Big revision made on JUDA-(NERICYA). I've added all of his missing sounds for intros and winko. As a result he now has:
- his original intro vs Mamiya
- a missing random intro vs Rei (he has 3 in-game, he had the files for only 2 in mugen)
- his 2 original intros vs Raoh
- his default intro vs Shin, Rei and Thouther
- special winko for Mamiya, Rei, and the hokuto brothers (Kenshiro, Raoh, Toki, Jagi)
- added a random winko for the rest of the chars
- the sounds for his cut-scene vs Rei (i'm not using the rip i had from the game now)
- he has the announcers files for victory too (WIN -Juda-), but i didn't manage to code it into him, yet
- i've added 2 random intros for a vs Rei fight and 2 random intros for a vs Raoh fight
• i would say that the progress for him is now 95% (it only needs 5 more sprites to be complete)

Rei
- added 2 random intros for a vs Juda fight
- edited a little his special fatal ko vs Juda

Small updates for Raoh and Souther. Made them adapt to Juda's new intros.

DL: http://cid-c41af243452cc3c6.office.live.com/browse.aspx/Update%2031.08.2010
Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 07:16:55 pm by lordmike
Re: Hokuto no Ken: Shinpan no Sōsōsei M.U.G.E.N. version updated 9/11/2010
#78  September 11, 2010, 04:34:25 pm
  • 見ろ! これが執念の力だ!
    • Somalia
Updated, 11th September 2010

Probably the last update.
Now 2 versions are available: HI-RES and semi-HD (all credits for this version's screenpack go to a mugen team from Italy).
Improvements since the previous update:
-better and closer to the original boost bar animations
-better and closer to the original aura bar animations
-better character interactions at a KO or at a Fatal KO
-Announcer is in for victories for every char and in every round (be it after a KO, Fatal KO or Suicide KO - Shin)
-I've fixed Mr.Heart's little problem (he will no longer have Deadly Fist Blow displayed next to the aura bar at the beginning of the fight)
-Added gethit damage sounds for Shin, Thouther, Rei, Raoh and Jagi
-Added a small flash after the intros for every char just like the PS2 version has
-Added some more LoseKo sounds for specific chars
-Worked a little more on the intros
-Added the missing sounds for every char that had missing sounds
-Added a yellow animation when the chars drop on the floor
-Toki and Juda will not lose all of their boost and aura stocks while performing the fatal ko
-Made Ataru's Raoh Hiko Shinketssu Shuu attack more realistic (now it really looks like he is stabbing the enemies in the chest with his finger tip).
-Fixed the KO issue of the lifebar: now after performing a Fatal KO, the KO sign will not be displayed over it or heard. I've managed to separate the two different states. Now a KO is a KO and a Fatal KO is a Fatal KO.

Differences between the two versions:
-HI-RES version has the original intro and 6 extra stages
-semi-HD version has no intro, but has superior Select Screen and VS screen (the vs screen is very close to the original one as it uses the big portraits)
-semi-HD version has a stage preview system implemented

Known bugs:
-Jagi can't perform his "Say my name" super move on Shin (Jagi will remain stuck with his hand up in the air while Shin will go under the floor and warp next to him)
-Shin and Thouther will remain in a loop after performing their Fatal KO during training. In a normal fight, vs, arcade, watch, team vs, team arcade they act normal

DL HI-RES version 1: http://www.This link no longer works, sorry/?d=89WE1MS7
DL HI-RES version 2: http://dl.fisier.ro/files/g47kepalhoj178i/Hokuto_No_Ken.rar.html

Screenshots:

DL semi-HD version 1: http://www.This link no longer works, sorry/?d=3DZ8KTL2
DL semi-HD version 2: http://dl.fisier.ro/files/27lk153gg57nn75/Hokuto_No_Ken_HD.rar.html

Screenshots:

Bug fix for Jagi: http://www.This link no longer works, sorry/?d=3A834R56
Replace Jagi-2.cns with this new file.

Bug fix for Shin: http://www.sendspace.com/file/ih9j70
The announcer after the Fatal KO wasn't working. It's fixed now.

All i have left to say is...Have fun. :)
Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 06:15:47 pm by lordmike
#79  September 11, 2010, 10:14:58 pm
  • "OHHH YES!"
    • Canada
Jagi's Fatal KO doesn't stop music when the flaming background is active. thankfully, I know how to fix this. Go into his nomusic area in Jagi-2.cns(I believe) and change this
[State -2, ƒtƒ‰ƒO^‚a‚f‚l’âŽ~]
type     = AssertSpecial
trigger1 = NumHelper(3980)
trigger2 = NumHelper(9570)
trigger2 = Helper(9570),var(0) = 2
trigger3 = var(7) = 99
trigger3 = RoundState >= 3
flag     = NoMusic

to this

[State -2, ƒtƒ‰ƒO^‚a‚f‚l’âŽ~]
type     = AssertSpecial
trigger1 = NumExplod(3980)
trigger2 = NumHelper(9570)
trigger2 = Helper(9570),var(0) = 2
trigger3 = var(7) = 99
trigger3 = RoundState >= 3
flag     = NoMusic

Other then that, it's all good.

But are there truly grown men in this world?!
#80  September 11, 2010, 10:35:14 pm
  • 見ろ! これが執念の力だ!
    • Somalia
Yes. That fixed it!
Thank you! :)