YesNoOk

Mega Man: The Calamix Power Fighters unmoleboxed by Basara-kun!! (Read 25107 times)

Started by Basara Lapis, November 17, 2017, 11:05:37 pm
Share this topic:
Mega Man: The Calamix Power Fighters unmoleboxed by Basara-kun!!
#1  November 17, 2017, 11:05:37 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/

Powered by DE-MOLE-ITION

Not a release made by me, but another rescue for MUGEN community as I did with Luvly Angel's chars. Calamix was a controversial figure in MUGEN history, but his contribution to the community with his Megaman chars is undeniable. His last public release was this fullgame with Megaman Arcade chars from those 2 games (Power Battle and Power Fighters), as well original adaptations from other MM games, which were unable to use because the game is moleboxed...

Until now.

I tested DE-MOLE-ITION on this fullgame thinking this won't work on it, but it did. And I checked them and all files work on normal MUGEN: characters (selectable and secret), stages and even the screenpack and music, so I unmoleboxed all the content and made separate downloads to everyone can use them. All the content is untouched but tested on my normal MUGEN and it works without problems.

Some screenshots to prove this:

Because of the release date (2007 aprox), this fullgame was made under WinMugen, but I think it's also compatible with MUGEN 1.0+, it's up to you to test there. This was a so huge discover that I'd to make its own website apart of mine.

I know there's a lot of MM fans out there that wanted more Calamix chars available, so you'll appreciate this as I do. Enjoy this release, this was made for you ;)

http://network.mugenguild.com/basara/calamix/

PS: Mods, if you think this doesn't belong here, feel free to move it to another section, thanks

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
Re: Mega Man: The Calamix Power Fighters unmoleboxed by Basara-kun!!
#2  November 18, 2017, 05:01:57 am
  • Video Game Veteran
  • Can you do it? SUREYOUCAN!
    • USA
    • gcnmario.free.fr
Interesting.....

"You must defeat my flaming
dragon punch to stand a chance."
#3  November 18, 2017, 10:28:24 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
Too bad this isn't the V4 version of the game as Calamix never released it before his departing to M.U.G.E.N permanently. You would've gotten more of the unmoleboxed content as it had more characters, stages and updated versions of the previous characters if he did. But still, can't complain too much as some of the characters on V2 were never released officially. So thanks for doing this. :)
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#4  November 18, 2017, 12:29:32 pm
    • Chile
As I know, V2 was the last thing Calamix released online before went all his stuff private, which is the version I unmoleboxed with this release. And yeah, like the half of the stuff on this fullgame wasn't oficially released to the public, so I'm glad this release is enjoyed for all MM fans out there :)

Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#5  November 18, 2017, 04:27:10 pm
    • Brazil
    • https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100074220240917
wow, man.... many thanks for this
#6  November 18, 2017, 04:43:59 pm
  • A living Mugen dinossaur :)
  • 23 years of Mugen O_o
    • Brazil
    • www.brazilmugenteam.com
This is a game I always wanted to continue. I've sent him a lot of messages and never had a single reply.
If he was still here, he'd be mad about it. But since he's gone, I do not see much of a problem.

And I'm glad to see that the community has matured (apparently), because when I posted about it 8 years ago, the reactions were VERY different

Honestly (and I know that is not the subject of the topic) I always found using Molebox in Mugen, with ripped content of roms, a tremendous hypocrisy. Except when you just want to pack everything into a single executable to look more like a "business game" than Mugen, thanks to some people's rejection of Mugen (as I did with one of my projects).

Thanks for this.
#7  November 18, 2017, 04:58:58 pm
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
Man, looking back from a shadow perspective (lurking at the time), we were mad to think about moleboxing stuff with that kind of mentality. It's silly nowadays and i'm glad too that the community (for the most part) changed for the better.
#8  November 18, 2017, 07:59:41 pm
  • A living Mugen dinossaur :)
  • 23 years of Mugen O_o
    • Brazil
    • www.brazilmugenteam.com
Basara, Laspacho had found a newer version of this game, take a look:

Try talking with him, because this version has more characters
#9  November 18, 2017, 08:41:07 pm
  • Robot Master
    • USA
    • Skype - https://www.twitch.tv/laspacho
    • www.infinitymugenteam.com
This was a game that I always wanted to continue making.

I have the Version of this game that O Ilu posted in the screen shot above. 
The version of the game I have is a very late V3 version of the game.  It contains extra modes many extra select able characters, hidden characters, stages, and fixes.

I am the only person that has this.  The game is moleboxed.  This is a version that was never released that was ready before Calamix left the Mugen scene.  I haven't spoken to Calamix since he left the Mugen scene and he will not speak with anyone from the Mugen scene.  I was helping him with this game at the end, which is why I have this version.  I also sprited Roll for the game.  I did have another un released version of the game which was after this version.  It had my Roll added and a few other characters like Bubbleman added, but I think it is lost to time because I can't find it.

However Calmix did code and share the Roll I sprited with me.  I finally released this Roll publicly in 2015 for the first time.  Six or Seven years after completing her.  Your welcome to host Roll with the other characters if you would like.

http://www.infinitymugenteam.com/Uploads/LASPACHO/PBroll.rar

#10  November 18, 2017, 11:20:56 pm
    • Chile
Thanks guys for the comments, all of them :D

The version I got is the only seen by now of the game, the V2, V3 is almost impossible to find on the net and V4 (probably the last one) remains private since Calamix finished after retiring from MUGEN (probably all the videos from the game in his YT channel are from V4)

So yeah, I'll be glad to get that version to unpack the other characters remained from the game and update the website with them :thumbsup:

@Laspacho: Sure thing, I'll be glad to host your Roll in my website, no problem with that ;)