YesNoOk

Red Rocky: My original character (that I wish I could do in MUGEN) (Read 6082 times)

Started by TheArcadeStriker, March 29, 2018, 04:02:44 am
Red Rocky: My original character (that I wish I could do in MUGEN)
#1  March 29, 2018, 04:02:44 am
  • Now with extra crispiness
    • Venezuela
https://pre00.deviantart.net/17f1/th/pre/f/2018/070/0/0/paper_rocky__red_rocky_paper_mario_inspired_style__by_thearcadestriker-dc5kv7l.png
Meet Red Rocky, my original character I had for years and that I had made months ago Paper-Mario styled. I want to do him in MUGEN but I don't know how to yet, but I could (potentially) do the sprite set as I made him with separate limb layers which mean that animating him would be easier than normal, and I have made 2 potential movesets (3 if you count a variation) that could be used for him:

Moveset N°1: 4 button + Special Button
This would be based in a 4 button layout plus a "special button" that would do some a specific kind of move (in his case, his trusty hammer he always carries; which I haven't drawn to him for now). The remaining button could be a dodge button or something.:
F,QCF+SP: Hammer Uppercut
F+SP: Hammer Swing (chargeable)
QCF+P: Marble throw
B+SP: Hammer Sweep
QCB+P: Grab Shot (here Rocky would throw his hands foward to grab: or in other words a command grab with more range)
QCB+K: Kick Shot (Rocky would kick and his feet would go foward then go back to him)
D+SP: Crouch Hammer Upper
(hold)D,U+K: Somersault Kick Shot (Rocky would stand with his hands on the floor and make his feet do a somersault-like kick/attack with his feet)

Supers:
QCFx2+P: Marble Wave (1bar)
QCFx2+SP: Hammer Tornado (2bar)
QCFx2+K:Spin Kick Tornado (1bar, basically Shinkuu Tatsumaki going slightly foward)
QCBx2+P: Flying Fist Barrage (2bar, grab attack)
QCB+SP: Cookie (1,5 bar, heals you but only one use)
QCB,HCF+SP: Hammer Giga Swing (3bar)
QCBx2+SP: Ubercharged Cookie (3bar; gets you in special form where normal specials are always EX specials, can use EX SP button specials, slightly faster and slightly more damaging)

Moveset N°2: 6 button
Would basically adapt the above moveset into a conventional 6-button scheme. I haven't thought this one myself yet.

Moveset N°3: Cyberking/Smash-style
Would be based in the custom-style by Red Lunchbox for Cyberking, which uses Smash-like controls. The moveset would be the following (where A would be the normal attack, while B is the special attack)

Ground:
A > A > A: 1-2 Jab
A while crouching: Ground Kick/Sweep
A while holding foward: Thrust Kick
A while holding up: Uuppercut
Air:
A: Air Kick
F+A: Air Roundhouse
D+A: Spike Divekick
U+A: Upward Smack
Smash (Ground, hold direction and attack at the same time)
D+A: Hammer Sweep
F+A: Pumped Fist
U+A: Upward Kick
Specials:
U+B: Hammer Uppercut
D+B: Hammer Tornado
F+B: Hammer Swing
B: Marble Throw
Supers (I haven't thought on them, but possibly would take note of the ones in the 1st moveset)

I can give the layered template for Rocky if you ask (mainly for spriting/animation purposes maybe), and any feedback/tips/offers are appreciated. What do you think about this little guy?