YesNoOk

Show us cool stuff you just bought! (Read 1245125 times)

Started by Vans, November 21, 2011, 06:01:10 am
Share this topic:
Re: Show us cool stuff you just bought!
#3021  April 06, 2017, 10:02:25 pm
  • Video Game Veteran
  • Can you do it? SUREYOUCAN!
    • USA
    • gcnmario.free.fr
WTF..... Game.com is actually a "thing"? Looks like a dated mix between Game Gear and Nokia.

"You must defeat my flaming
dragon punch to stand a chance."
#3022  April 07, 2017, 02:27:27 am
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
Well it was released in 1997.
#3023  April 07, 2017, 03:39:56 am
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?

I never have time to get better/individual shots so whatever...

Also, I'm just 4 megucas away from completeing my collection: Madoka, Sayaka, Nagisa and Devil Homura (this last one will be the most expensive and probabbly difficult to find. Well, I've run into in for $70 but only when I'm out of money. Also, Ultimate Madoka is on her way). And just two more monogataris to finish that collection: Monkey and Snake. Doll has been pre-ordered
#3024  April 07, 2017, 06:07:55 am
  • Every night fucks every day up
  • Every day patches the night up
    • Puerto Rico
Best $20 spent... For all my Dolphin needs.

#3025  April 07, 2017, 11:35:28 am
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
Good thing you didn't get an official one, since they don't work with your PC right off the bat.

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#3026  April 07, 2017, 01:03:10 pm
  • SAWNIKBEWM
    • Netherlands
    • Skype - tjmthomas
    • www.reubenkee.com
Seeing as i posted the 2 dreamcasts with odes i feel like i should show the rest of my older console collection. Over the last year i've become a big fan of flash cartridges and odes ( optical drive emulators ) and i have collected them for most of my old consoles so far. Here's what i've managed to setup on one of my old crt televisions so far:

A pal megadrive 1 and pal 32x both modded to be able to run at ntsc 60 hertz with a mega everdrive before they started getting multiple versions. This is the original v2 wich is called the mega everdrive x7 today

A pal super nintendo with pal 50 hertz and ntsc 60 hertz switch mod, 2 8bitdo retro receivers and an sd2snes revision f

A pal sega saturn with ntsc 60 hertz mod and a phoebe ode type 2

A pal nintendo 64 with the ram expansion pack and an everdrive 64 v3 cartridge with the ultra cic 2 chip

A pal xbox with an xecutor 2 mod chip

A pal gamecube with gameboy player with a wasp fusion ode flashed to auto boot into swiss and a mega drive v3 adapter and an everdrive gba x5

A pal gamecube with gameboy player with a wasp fusion ode flashed to auto boot into swiss and a mega drive v3 adapter and an everdrive gb for gameboy and gameboy color games

An ntsc nes with 2 8bitdo retro receivers with a blinking light win tray replacement and an everdrive n8
Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 09:50:19 pm by TMasta
#3027  April 07, 2017, 01:06:51 pm
  • SAWNIKBEWM
    • Netherlands
    • Skype - tjmthomas
    • www.reubenkee.com
I don't mean to double post but since i can't post anymore pictures in my previous post i'll have to solve it this way

A pal playstation with a psio switch board and a psio cartridge
#3028  April 07, 2017, 04:54:13 pm
    • Peru
At this point I'll ask: where's the PS2 with the HDD and the liberty exploit? (or something like that)
#3029  April 09, 2017, 08:11:26 pm
  • Unrealistic Reality
  • ______________________
    • USA
I usually buy games digitally but i didn't see this game in the Japanese marketplace so i decided to buy a hard copy. Its my first hard copy game for my PS4Pro. Its a Spinoff game to Yakuza series set during the Bakumatsu period.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Last Edit: April 09, 2017, 08:48:06 pm by Insigniawarfare
#3030  April 10, 2017, 01:13:59 am
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?
Hey there game collectors.

I'm just doing a quick stop to draw your attention to the Casio Loopy game console. A Japanese exclusive console that you migth never heard of (and once you watch the vidoe I linked you'll know why).

Anyway, it's the kind of device you can most definitely live without but I'm sure that the collector's soul on at least one or two of you won't let you sleep at night until you spend hundreds of dollars to have it collecting dust on your shelf.

Bye-bee (^0^)\m/
#3031  April 10, 2017, 02:10:45 am
    • Peru
It prints fucking stickers.
I want it.
#3032  April 10, 2017, 05:24:45 am
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
So I went to Kawaii Kon this weekend, and while the panels at the con usually bore me, the Artist Alley always has pretty cool stuff to pick up, so let's dive into some of the things I got!

Let's start things off with a bang with some Kris Kehasuk. His style is pretty neat and is just so jam-packed with details, I keep finding new things as I look at this one. I was torn between getting that or his Dragonball collage (for obvious reasons), but I ended up picking Smash.

Jon J. Murakami comes to these things every year, and he does a bunch of humorous greeting cards on the island, as well as promotional images for local businesses. He's also a huge Capcom fan, and some of his works even made it to UDON. While I was waiting for my card to process, he told me the story about how he sent in this pic and a group shot of the Power Stone team for one of the books, but ultimately the MvC2 OC's got accepted and the Power Stone one got the boot. Guess we'll never see it :( But on the plus side, he autographed my print while we waited, so he's a really cool guy!

Most of you know I am a fan of Pickles4Nickles, and she drew my R.O.B. banner that used to be my sig (I should put it back up, it's so good). Well, she was there, so I picked up some pins since she didn't really have any new prints this year. She was kinda surprised that I picked up Plague Knight and Ludicolo (apparently I was the first one to pick up either of those lol), but Alolan Exeggutor was the most popular design for... obvious reasons. Mark my words, I will buy a ridiculous amount of middle section pins and make the tallest Alolan Exeggutor pin creature that ever lived. I hope you're ready, P4N.

Last but most certainly NOT least is this awesome piece by Jed Henry. He and his friend have a whole series on this where they do popular video game or pop culture characters in traditional ukiyo-e style. That's not a description either: they actually carve wood blocks for these things. The huge attention to detail in this one is just so great, it transcends being a joke and it's something that could legit be displayed as fine art. I'm serious, this was the showstopper for me.

Of course I did more than that at Kawaii Kon (for starters, this was the first year I actually cosplayed for it, so that was an experience), but taking a look at the talented artists is one of the highlights for me. Check 'em out if you get a chance!
Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 05:32:06 am by Jango
#3033  April 15, 2017, 05:26:29 pm
  • Idea!
    • USA
April 14th

Okay, been wanting to get the Lord of the Rings extended versions for a long time, but my Wal-mart doesn't carry them, and there aren't any proper media stores where I live.  However, I did find all three Hobbit extended films for about 13$ each, so, yeah, I snagged them.

*Amusing thing I discovered: Battle of Five Armies extended edition is rated "R", compared to it's original theatrical release.  It was based on "Some Violence", or so it says in the rating box.  I don't know, just thought it was interesting to see a movie get re-rated, regardless of what edition it is.
Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 01:47:06 am by The Sudden Rarity
#3034  April 15, 2017, 05:56:22 pm
  • I am hilarious
    • USA
- Not pictured: The Terminator (SCD), Silpheed (SCD), Wario: Master of Disguise (DS), Chuchu Rocket (DC), Montezuma's Revenge (Colecovision), actual Colecovision with Donkey Kong, Pitstop and Q*Bert. I got a raise recently at work and got a bunch of back pay from when I was supposed to get it until now (I was supposed to get it in November, long story) so I bought some more shit.
- You want luck? I'm at Gamestop picking up Yooka-Laylee, activating my new debit card (another long story), in comes a delivery for the store. Fuckin' one box was a shipment of NES Classic Editions. After 1-2 minutes of thinking I snatched one.
- Persona 5 came in the same day as my last post but it had not arrived yet at the time.
#3035  April 17, 2017, 05:32:20 am
  • Idea!
    • USA
April 15th

Alright, so I got some cool stuff just yesterday.  I was gonna try and get Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles the complete 80's-90's series on DVD in the Turtle van set, but Best Buy just sold the last one that was on sale.  So, in my slightly miffed state, I bought some other things instead.  However, the PS4 was to replace my previous one that crapped out on me.  Something about the fan being reprogrammed to run on a higher speed than it was intended or some such nonsense.  Back story on that will follow the solo pic.  Anyway . . .

*not shown is FNaF Funko POP! figure of Funtime Foxy (GameStop exclusive POP! figure) that I bought for my niece for Easter.
Spoiler: solo shots (click to see content)
Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 01:47:22 am by The Sudden Rarity
#3036  April 22, 2017, 02:07:27 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
New gamebox haul

Interesting mix this time around.  Jak X is the big one for me, but after a little digging I found out that the famicom game, Ikki, is actually the game for which the term 'kusoge' was first coined.  Seems like it's one of those legendarily terrible titles, so at least it'll make for a nice collection piece.
#3037  April 22, 2017, 03:54:23 pm
  • I am hilarious
    • USA
I think TND was a Bond game I remember hearing was pretty shit? I might be remembering wrong

Also hey SOCOM, I actually remember when EGM reviewed that + had a whole section on it when it was new, let me know how that one is
#3038  April 25, 2017, 05:18:46 am
  • Idea!
    • USA
April 24th

Okay, finally got a Blu-ray player and Until dawn for PS4 (for a more proper price: 20$).  Yeah, Until Dawn is pretty much an interactive horror movie, but I enjoy horror movies and being able to "choose your own adventure" for a horror movie/game sounds fun.
#3039  April 27, 2017, 02:03:22 am
  • Helpful Hermit
    • USA
Just got in some swag that my friend got for me when visiting Japan.
If you require my assistance, please feel free to contact me on Discord: 2DMirage#5299
Commissions/Requests are closed. Please do not ask.
Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 02:07:30 am by Hoshi
#3040  April 30, 2017, 12:27:14 am
  • Idea!
    • USA
April 28th

Okay, so I wanted to get the Lord of the Rings trilogy Extended Edition Blu-ray box set since I saw it back in 2011, but never could since it's price was 120$ (crazy price, but understandable nonetheless), until now.  I had purchased it from a 3rd party seller that was fulfilled by Amazon.  This seller had pretty high ratings and plenty of positive reviews, very few, if any, bad reviews.  The set was 50$, so I went for it.  Came pretty quickly, too.  4 days is pretty damn quick.

While it was being prepared for shipment, I contacted the seller to ask the typical questions: "Is it region A/1", "Is it the American version?" and a few non yes or no questions, just to make sure it wasn't automated.  Thankfully, it wasn't.  Was an actual person.  I finally got it, and it's a Canadian import.  Not that I care, since Canada and America share Region A/1.  Tried Fellowship, to make sure it played the full film, and it worked.  And the best part: no green hue/saturation, which, in my opinion, is so much better.  Looks more real, than having that green hue and making it look more fantasy-like (though it is a fantasy film, I like it to look realistic).  Scratch that, checked it out further and it seems to be green hued.  Runs at 1080p 24fps, though I thought it ran at 60fps.  Has slight motion blur, but nothing too jarring.

Anyway, enough of that:

Here's the front cover. It has a nice foil finish and embossing of the lettering (except the Blu-ray banding on the top). The ring is also embossed with the anchient Elvish writing being engraved as well. French translation is also embossed. Attention to detail. I love that!

Spoiler: Lots of images (click to see content)

May 1st

I just purchased Samurai Jack season 5 for my PS4.
Last Edit: May 02, 2017, 02:46:55 am by The Sudden Rarity