YesNoOk

Maverick Hunter Zero's Techniques (Read 6668 times)

Started by RedDragonCats17, May 17, 2019, 11:00:23 am
Maverick Hunter Zero's Techniques
#1  May 17, 2019, 11:00:23 am
  • Part-Time MUGEN creator
    • USA
    • Skype - reddragoncats17
    • reddragoncats17.weebly.com/
So here's what's up, right? After I finish Maverick Hunter Zero's functions, which I just gotta give him his death particles and change his hit animation for his Black Armor, along with other things to make him feel different and stronger, I'm going to take a break from him until I play the X games.

The reason why is because the only X game I have played, as Maverick Hunter Zero specifically, is Xtreme 2, and I gotta find techniques that are useful to me. In order to do that, I need to play the X games, the 32 bit ones specifically.

Now I do have a few candidates for the elemental attacks based on what I've seen. Each attack has a fire, ice, and electric property, and it applies to every character in the game.

For fire, we have Fire Wave, Earth Gaizer, Ryuenjin, and Danchien.

Earth Gaizer is going to behave similarly to Awaken Zero's Shin Messenkou. Zero punches the ground, and explosions will go off both sides of the ground until they reach the screen's borders. Fire Wave is also going to use custom sprites of Zero using a fire infused saber with his standard second slash. I consider Shoenzan as useless based on what I've seen, so that's off the list.

For electric, we have Triad Thunder, Denjin, Raijingeki, and Raikousen.

Not sure about Raikousen when it comes to sprites, I'll see what I can find.

And for ice, we have Hyouretsuzan, and Hyouryuushou.

Hisuishou would get in the way of Zero's air dash, and Hyoroga would prove unfair for the other players, because of the fact that Zero would be hanging on the ceiling. So those 2 are out. Like Raikousen, I'm not sure about Hyouryuushou when it comes to sprites.

Now on to Zero's other techniques. Rakuhouha and Messenkou are definitely candidates for Zero, however, regular Zero would be using Rakuhouha, and Black Zero would be using Messenkou since it's a stronger version of the Rakuhouha. Rekkouha is definitely a candidate for Zero's giga attack. Twin Dream looks like a whole lot of fun to use in MvC3 than in X5, along with Rasetsusen. Guard Shell is an option, don't know if it will be fair for the player, though.

Now some of the moves will correspond with other moves. If I choose Ryuenjin or Danchien, it would correspond with Denjin, Hyouryuushou, Hyouretsuzan. If I select Earth Gaizer or Triad Thunder, it would correspond Rakuhouha and Messenkou, as along with the Rekkouha and Shin Messenkou, Zero would have too many attacks revolving him punching the ground.

-----

(Idk how to end this post....)
Re: Maverick Hunter Zero's Techniques
#2  May 17, 2019, 12:43:31 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
Hisuishou would get in the way of Zero's air dash, and Hyoroga would prove unfair for the other players, because of the fact that Zero would be hanging on the ceiling. So those 2 are out. Like Raikousen, I'm not sure about Hyouryuushou when it comes to sprites. 
Remember that this is Mugen. Fighting games are never exactly like the cartoons they're based off of, or the platformers, or whatever. You can do whatever you'd like. Just think of ways of balancing early on; It helps out.
If you WERE to make the Hyoroga move, you could make it use the Ultra/Power bar so that it'd stop the player from using it constantly AND it'd take away the possibility of doing an ultra move.

You're making your own thing. Make it fun and how you want it.
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv