YesNoOk

Taskmaster Updated 6/22/19 - Gouken and Grant Updated (Read 29693 times)

Started by Infinite Daze, June 15, 2019, 03:12:49 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Taskmaster
#41  June 20, 2019, 04:44:55 am
  • The other Indian
    • India
Re: Taskmaster Updated 6/22/19 - Gouken and Grant Updated
#42  June 22, 2019, 05:36:04 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - dainfinite
    • infiniteff.forumotion.com/
On the topic of animations, I think you should tweak Judo Throw a bit. Taskmaster seems to shoot just a second too early, so it makes it look like the opponent is actually landing on the gun's muzzle flash.
Tweaked the Judo Throw to be more somooth

There is a strange charging (power up) glitch I've been noticing with the A.I. It just sits there and charges without moving. I've seen Krauser do it first months ago but now that I see Taskmaster doing it I thought I'd bring it to notice. It happens when they charge at the same time I think:
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEY8UkbKx24&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]
Could it be add004 that's causing it?
Yeah, it most likely is the patch you put on because there first trigger is
Code:
trigger1 = power >= const(data.power) || power >= powermax || roundstate != 2
which should changestate if the power reaches the max set in the constant or wherever there power is set, I don't know if Krauser has his powerset in his constant but I know Task does so that should be almost impossible.

6/22/2019 35 AM EST

Gouken and Grant were updated they both have some new fx's, New special intros vs DW's Akuma, and AI tweaks, Gouken has sprites by Benhazard..

#43  June 22, 2019, 06:03:21 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
Just tested Gouken:

1. The MAX Denjin Laser has a curious hitbox.
2. The Kongoshin can be done in Normal mode and has a strange delay between the FX and the hit.
3. Can't seem to perform the Air Shinkuu Tatsumaki in Normal mode.
4. Maybe add an option to have one mode (Not Start+# for another)?
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
Last Edit: June 22, 2019, 06:13:22 pm by RagingRowen
#44  June 22, 2019, 06:49:49 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - dainfinite
Just tested Gouken:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
1. The MAX Denjin Laser has a curious hitbox.
What... or is this supposed to be a riddle?
2. The Kongoshin can be done in Normal mode and has a strange delay between the FX and the hit.
It always could. removed the pause which is similar to how the move actually feels but ok.
3. Can't seem to perform the Air Shinkuu Tatsumaki in Normal mode.
fixed
4. Maybe add an option to have one mode (Not Start+# for another)?
added
#45  June 22, 2019, 06:54:05 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
It's just that the hitbox isn't centered.

Also tested Grant:
1. Isn't there supposed to be a wind effect during his charge intro?
2. There's a large delay between the swing sound and blast sound during the Majin Haten Dan (Both normal and MAX versions).
3. I feel like there should be stronger sounds on the Ankoku Basuto-ha.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#46  June 22, 2019, 08:18:10 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - dainfinite
It's just that the hitbox isn't centered.
The beam hitobx is ok.

Didn't link that fx. but gave him ground dust fx's in which he didn't have.
2. There's a large delay between the swing sound and blast sound during the Majin Haten Dan (Both normal and MAX versions).
Majin Haten swing and Blast sound are the same sound fx  which doesn't start till the projectile start, you don't want a sfx playing in case he is hit out of the state.
3. I feel like there should be stronger sounds on the Ankoku Basuto-ha.
Do you have a stronger better sfx for it?
#47  June 22, 2019, 08:19:26 pm
    • crepa.neocities.org
Gonna test Gouken. You can add an intro against my Akuma too if you want.
Edit: the intro is triggered against any character named Akuma and any character by DivineWolf, because you used "||" instead of "&&".
Last Edit: June 22, 2019, 08:23:11 pm by DeathScythe
#48  June 22, 2019, 08:49:54 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - dainfinite
Gonna test Gouken. You can add an intro against my Akuma too if you want.
Edit: the intro is triggered against any character named Akuma and any character by DivineWolf, because you used "||" instead of "&&".
Fixed
#49  June 22, 2019, 09:03:03 pm
    • crepa.neocities.org
Here are some things I found after playing with him for a while:
- Could use some EnvShake when the opponent hit the ground after Amaroshi, it looks weird falling like this without EnvShake.
- On the other hand, he has EnvShake on some normal attacks, this is just me though and if you like it that way is ok.
- EX Joudan Sokutu Geri does not have a slam sound when opponent hit the edge?
- I can't connect most of the Hyakkishu variants, IDK if I'm doing something wrong but feels hard to hit the opponent using it.

That's all for now. Thanks for the updates :)
#50  June 22, 2019, 11:52:26 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - dainfinite
- Could use some EnvShake when the opponent hit the ground after Amaroshi, it looks weird falling like this without EnvShake.
added
- EX Joudan Sokutu Geri does not have a slam sound when opponent hit the edge?
fixed
- I can't connect most of the Hyakkishu variants, IDK if I'm doing something wrong but feels hard to hit the opponent using it.
Fixed, I had screwed them up a little with the AI triggers.
#51  June 23, 2019, 09:46:31 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
I noticed a few issues while testing Gouken's update and don't occur on the previous one:
-Gouken's default palette is no longer the SF4 one (It's a green karate gi and not the similar color used on his new portrait).
-POT's Style Hitsparks are still multi-colored even if the value is set on 1 (I checked on 0 and it's now red, means the old option to not have POT's Style Hitsparks longer exists).

You might want to take a look at those things.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#52  June 23, 2019, 06:42:58 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - dainfinite
added, Thanks to Mr.Ansatsuken for the FX,

-Gouken's default palette is no longer the SF4 one (It's a green karate gi and not the similar color used on his new portrait).
fixed
-POT's Style Hitsparks are still multi-colored even if the value is set on 1 (I checked on 0 and it's now red, means the old option to not have POT's Style Hitsparks longer exists).
fixed, I forgot I updated his hitspark coding but not his config.

#53  June 23, 2019, 07:31:02 pm
Great Work, thanks for your fast & various updated.
#54  June 24, 2019, 04:47:37 am
  • If you want peace...Prepare for War
    • USA
This is such a great character, nicely done Infinite. I've been here since you first started and I've been a fan ever since, but holy shit you've come a long ways lol. It's pretty damn impressive, at least to me.  I've never seen anyone bang out updates the way you do either. Just think if a real game company with their massive amounts of money, employees, and resources, updated their games this fast. Or if everyone just put this much effort into whatever they're doing in life period. We'd probably all be living in the Meet the Robinsons world. Again, this is such a great character. I hope to see more comic book characters from you in the future. I love the KoF/SNK chars too, but they're always to be expected. When I see a release like this, it reignites that Mugen fire.
These aren't requests, I just always like throwing out "would be cools", but some others to consider:
Rorschach, Batman by Alucard, Joker by Sic-1, pretty much any other of Zvitor's chars, Iceman, and some or all if you're in an amazing mood of the Spider-man villian crew. Also, Snake Eyes by Acey would be dope as hell. Sorry dude, it's hard not to throw em' out.
I don't bother with bug related feedback because I don't know how to code, but from a player's standpoint, your characters are some of the best and most fun to use, and Taskmaster is pretty damn high on my top favorites. He's tied with all of them.
#55  June 26, 2019, 11:20:53 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - dainfinite
This is such a great character, nicely done Infinite. I've been here since you first started and I've been a fan ever since, but holy shit you've come a long ways lol. It's pretty damn impressive, at least to me.  I've never seen anyone bang out updates the way you do either. Just think if a real game company with their massive amounts of money, employees, and resources, updated their games this fast. Or if everyone just put this much effort into whatever they're doing in life period. We'd probably all be living in the Meet the Robinsons world. Again, this is such a great character. I hope to see more comic book characters from you in the future. I love the KoF/SNK chars too, but they're always to be expected. When I see a release like this, it reignites that Mugen fire.
These aren't requests, I just always like throwing out "would be cools", but some others to consider:
Rorschach, Batman by Alucard, Joker by Sic-1, pretty much any other of Zvitor's chars, Iceman, and some or all if you're in an amazing mood of the Spider-man villian crew. Also, Snake Eyes by Acey would be dope as hell. Sorry dude, it's hard not to throw em' out.
I don't bother with bug related feedback because I don't know how to code, but from a player's standpoint, your characters are some of the best and most fun to use, and Taskmaster is pretty damn high on my top favorites. He's tied with all of them.
What's going on Shulbocka, I still have some of your portrait packs from back in the day. I'm glad that you like what I'm most of the characters that I have been releasing are commissions, I was working on releasing a full game with a full roster of these characters will help me with that.

Thanks Everybody for the comments and feedback.
Re: Taskmaster
#56  June 30, 2019, 04:19:19 am
  • 2Lazy2SpriteMoreNova