YesNoOk

Dude Mugen: a new MUGEN IDE (Read 51583 times)

Started by Jesuszilla, February 04, 2017, 02:50:11 am
Share this topic:
Re: Dude Mugen: a new MUGEN IDE
#41  February 05, 2017, 09:11:37 pm
  • M.U.G.E.N. Developer
  • Hello Baby :$
    • Venezuela
    • sasuke19161@hotmail.com
    • Skype - BlackFired
    • https://www.juanteran.com.ve/
It will include non-documented drivers, such as Zoom. (I do not know if there is another one Not documented.)

If it were possible (I think it has already been mentioned) list drivers for the stages, something like the scrollback that had FF on the right.

Since mention also about support for .png would also be interesting to support 32bits Images, as it is supported by MUGEN 1.1b thanks to OpenGL.

No more to add ... Oh, wait! Since it is open source would be well that you could translate your tool, so that it is fully multilingual, of course, is not an immediate concern and you could leave it for later.

And an integrated tool for one to add their own pieces of code, something like FF allowed and create own templates.

Ok, I think I asked too much hahahaha, but they are suggestions and I know you do it for hobby but I have to tell you ... It's Excellent this is what you do, you have my support (it's not the big thing) It's a shame I did not learn C #, yeah I would not be happy to help: D. (Although learning does not cost anything, does it?).

I'm sorry by my bad english, i use "Google Translate"

In Spanish:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#42  February 06, 2017, 01:59:58 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
What happened to the cloud tool?
This is the basis for it. Google Docs started out the same way. It's easier for me to build the UI and stuff in Visual Studio in C# and XAML than it is in a web interface. I can drag and drop controls; web coding isn't quite that simple, or at least, not if you want good results.
Will this also be the basis for the palette selection readme thingy?
#43  February 06, 2017, 02:41:03 am
  • Still lurks regularly, but posts once a blue moon
    • Canada
Holy smokes, I love this. 
I've been using Visual Studio a lot recently so I'm gonna draw a bunch of ideas from there.

Will you implement something similar to the ctrl + click feature in visual studio?
In that in various IDEs (including VS), when you ctrl + click on a method where it is used, it would direct you to the method definition.
Since Mugen does not have user defined methods/functions maybe clicking on the value of a ChangeState sctrl, or something else intended to represent a state value, would direct the user to that statedef. 
Additionally, cltr + clicking on a value that's supposed to represent an animation number would direct you to the animation's definition.
(I was also wondering if it would be a good idea if ctrl + clicking a sctrl's type would direct you to Elecbyte's documentation for that sctrl.)

How about implementing VS's "Find All References" feature?  Where in VS, you could Right Click->Find All References to find all locations where a function or variable is used.  Then in Mugen, doing this on a StateNumber would show all lines that reference this state.  Could this also be done for Variables, Animations, and Sounds?

Do you also plan to make tools for easy refactoring?
For in the event the user decides to change the number for one of their states from 2000 to 3000 for some reason. (Same for animations and sounds.)

Sorry if you've already considered stuff like this. :XD:
#44  February 06, 2017, 08:05:34 am
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafío.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
Would it be possible to pre-set who you face when testing chars?
So I can fight against training by stupa instead of myself.
#45  February 06, 2017, 08:47:34 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
You can already do that in Fighter Factory by modifying the execution parameters in Options/Config; "%0 %0" means character you're editing vs character you're editing, whereas something like "%0 kfm" would be character you're editing vs Kung Fu Man.

Fighter Factory 3 has a drop down menu with various examples. You can even pick a different stage to test on.
#46  February 06, 2017, 10:08:51 am
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
#47  February 06, 2017, 10:26:24 am
  • Part-Time MUGEN creator
    • USA
    • Skype - reddragoncats17
    • reddragoncats17.weebly.com/
Maybe I'll work on my characters using this.
#48  February 06, 2017, 11:27:47 am
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafío.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
You can already do that in Fighter Factory by modifying the execution parameters in Options/Config; "%0 %0" means character you're editing vs character you're editing, whereas something like "%0 kfm" would be character you're editing vs Kung Fu Man.

Fighter Factory 3 has a drop down menu with various examples. You can even pick a different stage to test on.

Oh shit I didn't know how to do that, now I dont have to reopen my mugen just
To test frame data thats awesome
#49  February 08, 2017, 04:32:42 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
What happened to the cloud tool?
This is the basis for it. Google Docs started out the same way. It's easier for me to build the UI and stuff in Visual Studio in C# and XAML than it is in a web interface. I can drag and drop controls; web coding isn't quite that simple, or at least, not if you want good results.
Will this also be the basis for the palette selection readme thingy?
Since this will essentially be a more "advanced" (aka for MUGEN use) version of the tool to update the Framedatabase (which will use SFFv2), yes, in a way. So long as someone uploads a color-separated SFF into the game's respective database. Though what you saw there was actually just for my website at the moment (though it uses the Framedatabase as a backend, as well as its API).

Holy smokes, I love this. 
Will you implement something similar to the ctrl + click feature in visual studio?
In that in various IDEs (including VS), when you ctrl + click on a method where it is used, it would direct you to the method definition.
Since Mugen does not have user defined methods/functions maybe clicking on the value of a ChangeState sctrl, or something else intended to represent a state value, would direct the user to that statedef.
Additionally, cltr + clicking on a value that's supposed to represent an animation number would direct you to the animation's definition.
(I was also wondering if it would be a good idea if ctrl + clicking a sctrl's type would direct you to Elecbyte's documentation for that sctrl.)
Animation idea is good, and the documentation for the SCTRL should be good enough. Can't really do it for changestates, though, since those could be based on ifElse, cond, variables, etc.

How about implementing VS's "Find All References" feature?  Where in VS, you could Right Click->Find All References to find all locations where a function or variable is used. Then in Mugen, doing this on a StateNumber would show all lines that reference this state.
Same problem as I just mentioned. Not possible to do correctly, I'm afraid.

Could this also be done for Variables, Animations, and Sounds?
Variables, no, for what I just mentioned, animations, maybe, sounds... maybe. The problem is all of those could be variable values.

Do you also plan to make tools for easy refactoring?
For in the event the user decides to change the number for one of their states from 2000 to 3000 for some reason. (Same for animations and sounds.)
Same as above. I can't tell what some things are going to be at run time, so it wouldn't be very reliable. You'd essentially get the same behavior through find+replace.

EDIT: I may have just thought of a way to detect at least a few helper states through recursion... though again, if it uses a var, the problem is still that I won't know what it is until runtime. Basically, I'd look for Helper SCTRL's, go to those states, find ChangeStates, and go through those until there are no more, and that can at least get some states automatically. Maybe have a button that makes a list, and a way for the user to add helper states if it doesn't find everything they want? This could also solve the problem of knowing what variables are in use, as well as determining if they are ever assigned to, but not used (another good feature VS and Android Studio have; helps you get rid of useless variables). Perhaps @Bastard Mami: can help me determine if this is a good way to do it or not.

So maybe the illusion of named variables could be possible! You'll just have to do a bit of self-maintenance :) It would basically be an array of mappings in a separate project file.

In fact, project files are a good idea. They're what pretty much every IDE uses to do their magic. This could also store names of files you want to archive when you want to release something. To do that, I could add an IDE option that points to your 7z path to leverage to create a 7z archive (or zip, if you want to choose that format).
Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 06:21:56 pm by Jesuszilla
#50  February 11, 2017, 03:06:36 pm
    • France
Wow ! That project sounds ssooo cool !  Following the thread !

For ideas, since you've mentionned stage related stuff, did you think of system.def and fight.def stuff to implement too ?

As most sections handled by stages / system.def / fight.def are visual related, I got myself thinking of a small preview screen, right next to the coding screen. The preview could be specific to the active [section] only.
For example, as you're defining parameters and values in the [Lifebar] section, you get a preview of where your lifebars are, etc. It could be instantly generated, or with a button that says "generate a preview".
The main idea is to follow the workflow :
importing sprites / making anims / defining a font # / define each element's coordinates in space & time / get a preview / tweak .
- samurais, swords & stuff ? → Another Blade
#51  February 13, 2017, 03:33:16 am
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
Ah, this is some truly amazing project! Glad this is happening cause I couldnt even get into the latest fighter factory myself.

So, will this feature a palette editor? Is not much but it means the world to me (exaggerating). Also, how about supporting other formats besides pcx and png? maybe BMT? And probably something similar to fighter factory classic cause making palettes with ff3 was some really tacky shit.

Looking forward to this, cant get more into detail if needed, I just need to find the proper words.
Chilling
#52  February 13, 2017, 05:55:56 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
That's another interesting point you bring up is palette makers. I'd like to ask them too what features they want the most. After all, most of them just use what FF gives them and I just do everything in Photoshop.

What tools would be really handy for y'all?
#53  February 13, 2017, 06:08:41 am
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
- Being able to copy and switch colors between tabs using different sprites.
- Animated previews.
- A color mixer like the old FF had (was useful if you wanted to try new FX colors quickly).
- A feature to "save" specific colors to a non-temporal, global color table.
- CTRL+Z, preferentially if it can go a dozen of steps back.
#54  February 13, 2017, 06:17:26 am
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
- Being able to copy and switch colors between tabs using different sprites.
- Animated previews.
- A color mixer like the old FF had (was useful if you wanted to try new FX colors quickly).
- A feature to "save" specific colors to a non-temporal, global color table.
- CTRL+Z, preferentially if it can go a dozen of steps back.

THIS

Omg, I would love you forever for the first one alone. That would be great.
Chilling
#55  February 13, 2017, 08:19:23 am
  • Target Acquired.
    • Ukraine
    • mugencoder.com
Oh man, if you had decided to do this years ago, I'd be so on board for contributing to it. Regardless, best of luck with it. It's certainly a great contribution to the mugen community.

-[Все слова это только слова.]-

ExL

#56  February 13, 2017, 09:49:00 am
  • 1-800-SUICIDE
Can someone please show screenshot or explain how it was for me?
I have really old piece of software that's called ColorImpact 4.0.3 and it have that Color Blender feature that I'm using a lot for palettes.
Looks like this:
Wanted to request something like it, when Jesuszilla asked about tools for palettemakers, but if what's mentioned is the same thing - there's no need for that.

And I want to thank Jesuszilla for the massive effort in making more understandable and creator-oriented tool for every creator's niche MUGEN have!
"Where greyness prevails, the black always take the power." (c) "Its Hard to be God" - brothers Strugatskie.
#57  February 13, 2017, 03:51:56 pm
  • Lazy spriter
  • Demon in heaven gotta carry a knife
    • Bolivia
    • network.mugenguild.com/thedge/
Now is my request turn.
For spriters I think we just need to add a few but needed stuff on top of what FFClassic has.
In FFC you have the pencil tool, the bucket, onion skin, zoom, can animate your sprites and you are conveniently restricted to the palette.
What could be added is being able to have a secondary color, a line tool and the possibility to Ctrl+Z'ing the hell out of our mistakes.

Not priorities but would be nice to work right there on sprites already on the sff.
That’s when I thought, “good grief”
Just ain’t my belief
Until I saw the holes
Inside his hand
#58  February 14, 2017, 01:48:20 am
  • I see you.
    • www.mugenfreeforall.com
Burst out laughing when a friend showed me this link great name :P

You'll fix chuchoryu ? Sounds like a plan. How about you code him from scratch instead ?
#59  February 18, 2017, 06:42:25 pm
    • USA
That's another interesting point you bring up is palette makers. I'd like to ask them too what features they want the most. After all, most of them just use what FF gives them and I just do everything in Photoshop.

What tools would be really handy for y'all?

Better late than never:

You know that remap pen Fighter Factory 3 has? I use it to preform all my works related to the color separation, it can remap up to 5 different colors. Would it be possible to crank the amount up to 10 different slots? It would save a good portion of my time as I would then be able to finish a separation on the first run!

#60  February 18, 2017, 06:47:22 pm
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
@ink: recently brought this up in a topic Graphicus made recently:

It would be really great if Fighter Factory had a sprite editing set up similar to photoshop, where you could directly edit animations and them already be indexed. So you could do all the work right there, start to finish.

Maybe something like that will come out eventually.

I was wondering, would it be impossible for the IDE to have something like this, or is it just a pipe dream? Because something akin to this would really make my work on custom sprited MUGEN characters easier by a hundred-fold.
This is a generic forum signature.