YesNoOk

Jlinker-online[tool] (Read 9399 times)

Started by Laxxe23, December 15, 2008, 03:15:41 am
Share this topic:
Jlinker-online[tool]
#1  December 15, 2008, 03:15:41 am
  • Aka ShadesTeam/Zeckle
might as well announce this here, and before cyanide comes stating this is an impossibility, just go fuck yourself this is not fully online, its pseudo online, so here it goes

ive been working on this for a while with an engineer.  Basically this will allow people to play online with mugen fullgames. 
NOTE: this will not allow non fullgames online, thus i will not be handing it out to anyone but developers of fullgames. 
why is this not compatable with anything other than fullgames you ask? well thats simple, all it will do is connect the two computors together by
keyboard (or set of joypads).  thus the mugen fullgames will run indepentantly of each other. 

Update:finally got the player to be able to press the button it recieves automatically, next step is getting it to work in the background so the key wont flood the message cmd box
Shades 2 site:Shades of Manhattan
Re: Jlinker-online[tool]
#2  December 15, 2008, 04:08:33 am
  • Snake Eater
    • mgmod.com/mugen/
Nice, I think i know a few good projects that deserve this.
I think anyways that would be neat to see.

http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?board=352.0
http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=64556.0
http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=69500.0
He also seems to be working hard to get recognized
http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=90597.0

It looks like you're using vb or javascript can't really see.
Anyways i can't wait to see this put into action goodluck.
I have been working on a side project in the dark
for a while now this would be a neat addition.
Interactive Stage W.I.P Click Below

--------------

I give my life not for honor but for you
Last Edit: December 15, 2008, 04:13:17 am by BigBoss
#3  December 15, 2008, 04:38:35 am
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
ohhhh this will be amazing if it gets to completion wishing you good luck
Chilling
#4  December 17, 2008, 07:23:01 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
Questions.

What about debug keys.

Does one player have to use p2's keys?

If one player does have to use p2's keys who's setup is he making use of?

What happens if it is a full game, but has been modified on both sides so each person has in effect different characters. One person has modified all his life values to 2000 for example, does it contain any method of comparing files?

What if one person has added a character to their full game, or made their own for it? The other person won't have this so what happens if it's selected?

Are any key's/combinations locked off? Does it only work with the mugen exe open and focused? I mean, if I connect to someone and go alt+tab, ctrl+a, shift+delete is that going to work?

If any of these are answered in that screenshot, it would have been nicer to have a better flaming screenshot.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#5  December 17, 2008, 07:36:49 am
  • I got a PM.
If this works then we are going to have to rethink how we do our mugen full games. What I mean is that if full games can have this ability then we are going to have a flood of stuff thrown together and called full games.

We might actually have to form real teams and such.

This may acually be breaking Mugen as we know it and turning it into something else.

Is there an estimate for how long this will take to make?

Also is this that my friend and I both have this game which has the software so it will work or are we talking about having the ability to set up not really a server because it would be on everyone's machines but a server like ability where we could all go together and fight each other randomly as long as we had the same game?

Also four players in possible in a full game if you think about it. So are you going be trying to get that to work as well.

#6  December 17, 2008, 08:00:12 am
    • Argentina
    • http://furiadivina.mygamesonline.org
this sure is a good new for the mugen world
now let me ask, and i would understand if you decide to completely ignore me :P:
can some sort of adaptation of this be made/would work in games made with fightermaker? The "share keyboards" thing looks simple enough and it doesn't seems to be messing with deep mugen functions/source, so this is why i'm asking

MDI

#7  December 17, 2008, 08:02:14 am
    • mugen.yolasite.com/stages.php
Why limit this to fullgames?

Technically wouldn't it work for two people that have the same exact Mugen? (Excluding Random function as well as anything besides Vs mode.)
ey
#8  December 17, 2008, 08:35:26 am
  • Just a butcher on a mission
    • www.justnopoint.com/lbends
So how do you plan to compensate for the delay between when you input a command and when your opponent receives it?
Without such a mechanism the game is guaranteed to desync.
#9  December 17, 2008, 09:38:33 am
  • what a shame
    • Iran
NICE GUI
#10  December 17, 2008, 11:31:19 pm
yeah why

fullgames will also need some things removed such as anything that relies on random (some moves, random character/stage select)
two friends could very well set up their own identical mugens and if they fuck up on something they can either fix it on their own or just forget about it

this is assuming you can deal with the delay aokmaniac talked about anyway
#11  December 18, 2008, 12:00:49 am
  • Aka ShadesTeam/Zeckle
So how do you plan to compensate for the delay between when you input a command and when your opponent receives it?
Without such a mechanism the game is guaranteed to desync.
first i need to get it properly working in the background, but as of now, the delay is very minimal

yeah why

fullgames will also need some things removed such as anything that relies on random (some moves, random character/stage select)
two friends could very well set up their own identical mugens and if they fuck up on something they can either fix it on their own or just forget about it

this is assuming you can deal with the delay aokmaniac talked about anyway
i dont want people packaging their own "full games" with this
also i know about the issue with random

MDI

#12  December 18, 2008, 04:23:41 am
    • mugen.yolasite.com/stages.php

Well that is just like if Mugen creators stopped releasing content and/or only including characters in their official full games because they are afraid that someone will upload them to a "fan-made full game" on Bittorrent or something. You make a good point, but it can be said of any Mugen content.

Your choice though, of course. Just sayin'

;)
ey
#13  December 18, 2008, 04:40:12 am
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
One Question it will be really necessary to both players have the same Joystick or keyboard or they can use Joystick VS Keyboard some people manage better Keyboard but well also I don't think that every people has the same stuff in mugen  ???
Chilling
#14  December 18, 2008, 04:47:31 am
  • The Cobra Commander Is Back
    • Canada
quite interesting!
#15  December 18, 2008, 05:10:46 am
  • Snake Eater
    • mgmod.com/mugen/
I've seen a few full games that turn off the ability to change controls.
Interactive Stage W.I.P Click Below

--------------

I give my life not for honor but for you
#16  December 18, 2008, 05:20:49 am
  • Argh I lost my avatar.
  • I'mma Luigi, numbara one!
    • USA
Awesome, but one idea:

Couldn't online work by having one master (or host) MUGEN, and the slave MUGEN to emulate that?  Or it's impossible?
No  Dark Sean and Gouken are Good characters
Trivial knowledge: Anime sucks.
#17  December 18, 2008, 05:34:00 am
  • I got a PM.
I thought more about this and I don't see how this can work. I mean both mugens are going to be operating independently right?

How does your program know exactly when the round is starting on both computers?

What I mean is if I pick at the select screen before you do then this wouldn't match up at all.
#18  December 18, 2008, 06:53:55 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
It's in 2 player mode only i imagine. Therefore it'll wait till both have picked.

This isn't true online anyway, it's a p2p thing so you need to know the person you're playing and have what they have.

I trust that this is going to be passed through a port and not just wide open?

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#19  December 18, 2008, 04:28:34 pm
why not

aren't load times an issue as well (unless both players decide to wait extra time before starting to move)
#20  December 18, 2008, 05:21:49 pm
  • Aka ShadesTeam/Zeckle
Questions.

What about debug keys.

Does one player have to use p2's keys?

If one player does have to use p2's keys who's setup is he making use of?

What happens if it is a full game, but has been modified on both sides so each person has in effect different characters. One person has modified all his life values to 2000 for example, does it contain any method of comparing files?

What if one person has added a character to their full game, or made their own for it? The other person won't have this so what happens if it's selected?

Are any key's/combinations locked off? Does it only work with the mugen exe open and focused? I mean, if I connect to someone and go alt+tab, ctrl+a, shift+delete is that going to work?

If any of these are answered in that screenshot, it would have been nicer to have a better flaming screenshot.
debug keys will be off ie no ctrl, space etc
im mainly using this for moleboxed games
it will work(once i get to that point) only on mugen.exe or what ever the exe file is named when it is in focused
screenshot is only showing that the key press is sent, that was the furthest that was gotten at that point

If this works then we are going to have to rethink how we do our mugen full games. What I mean is that if full games can have this ability then we are going to have a flood of stuff thrown together and called full games.

We might actually have to form real teams and such.

This may acually be breaking Mugen as we know it and turning it into something else.

Is there an estimate for how long this will take to make?

Also is this that my friend and I both have this game which has the software so it will work or are we talking about having the ability to set up not really a server because it would be on everyone's machines but a server like ability where we could all go together and fight each other randomly as long as we had the same game?

Also four players in possible in a full game if you think about it. So are you going be trying to get that to work as well.
im planning on implementing only versus mode in the fullgames that use this, so it will be a sepparate mugen from the actual full game, since modifying will need to be done

this sure is a good new for the mugen world
now let me ask, and i would understand if you decide to completely ignore me :P:
can some sort of adaptation of this be made/would work in games made with fightermaker? The "share keyboards" thing looks simple enough and it doesn't seems to be messing with deep mugen functions/source, so this is why i'm asking
im sure that i can work it out with fighter maker fullgame people, but lets wait for this to get further first

One Question it will be really necessary to both players have the same Joystick or keyboard or they can use Joystick VS Keyboard some people manage better Keyboard but well also I don't think that every people has the same stuff in mugen  ???
thats fine about the keyboard joystick thing, and as i said its only for full games not for individual mugens

I've seen a few full games that turn off the ability to change controls.
the people will have to come to me and ask for it to include it in their full game, so i can modify it for their use

Awesome, but one idea:

Couldn't online work by having one master (or host) MUGEN, and the slave MUGEN to emulate that?  Or it's impossible?
again, no source for mugen

why not

aren't load times an issue as well (unless both players decide to wait extra time before starting to move)
good point, but ill cross that bridge when i come to it