YesNoOk

Couple of KoF special anims (Read 8025 times)

Started by PotS, May 02, 2007, 01:12:49 am
Share this topic:
Couple of KoF special anims
#1  May 02, 2007, 01:12:49 am
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
Posting it in a new topic so it gets the proper attention.

I've been meaning to ask this, do any standards for these two special hits exist? I think they can apply to a lot of games and so should be adopted as Mugen standards.

Standing, hit downward:

Also exists in SF3 IINM.

Strong hit back (sans PalFX ;P):

Also exists in the MvC series and probably other games.

I've been using 7070 for the first, but the chars that have that anim haven't been released yet so it can be easily changed.
Before that I was using 5072 IIRC, and looking back at it that number was probably better... because just like the anims for when the char is facing down on the floor usually end with 1 or 2 (5101, 5111, etc), so should the corresponding tripped anim.
Use anything you want from my works.  If you need to contact me use email, not private messages.
Re: Couple of KoF special anims
#2  May 02, 2007, 03:08:57 am
  • Dark Templar
 I suppose Capcom don't have those (most capcom chars lack more than 1 lay down sprite), don't know about Sammy, many games don't have them at all  --;
I'm Just Bored To Tears
Same Old Shit Just Different Day & Year . . .
http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=81512.0
#3  May 02, 2007, 04:39:14 am
  • Cute Bounty Hunter
I've been using 7070 for the first, but the chars that have that anim haven't been released yet so it can be easily changed.
Before that I was using 5072 IIRC, and looking back at it that number was probably better... because just like the anims for when the char is facing down on the floor usually end with 1 or 2 (5101, 5111, etc), so should the corresponding tripped anim.

I think you should go back to 5072.  Aside from probably being better, people use 7070 for other non-hit anims.  And I'm one of those people.

*watches Yuri turn Yoma into a spark effect for a brief moment, again* :S
#4  May 02, 2007, 06:32:57 am
  • Tends to lose track of things a lot. :/
    • www.mugenguild.com/~winane/
5072 is already used by:

all of Muteki's characters
MIMI's ROBO-Ky, ROBO-Kyâ…¡
Kamek's Reiko
Taruse's Sankuro, Yumeji
Sander71113's Iori
ActJapan's Athena 2K3, Gato 2K3, Hinako 2K3, King 2K3, Robert 2K3
ChonWang's Chameleon
Fangke's Choi
RMX & Silencer's Link
Mike Obrecht's Scorpion, Smoke, Sub-Zero
Orochi Herman's Setsuna
Angel Myst's Yashiro

7070 is already used by:

Drow's Naruto
Fervicante's 94 Yuri Sakazaki
Warusaki3's Hibiki, Kuroko
EL's Bridget, Dizzy, May
Tin's Leona, Ramon
?'s Delilah
Vital Zero's Fulgore
Splode's Guy, Iceman, Randy M. Green, Rogue
Sander71113's Iori, Kusanagi, Kyo
Ex-Inf's Isabeau, Mech Hisui, Ravenous
M.M.R.'s Kasumi
Bahamut Dragon Angel's King 95
Edo Impact's Leona  (and thus S & S's Leona too...)
@ndroide's Mech Rugal
Roque's Akari
ActJapan's Ralf
Sepp's Gouki
Andre Lopes's Shermie, Yuri
VIB's Vegetto

Beyond that:  I don't think it'd be a good idea to use 5072, due to the fact that three required sprites use 5072 as their group number, and I would expect many people to give an anim using those sprites the same action number.
Still quite busy.

(Yes, I intend to deal with that stuff eventually, but kinda can't just yet, sorry. :/ )
Last Edit: May 02, 2007, 06:40:34 am by Winane
#5  May 02, 2007, 06:45:53 am
Hm, any suggestions then (for both anims)?

btw, did you use some program to check all that, or did you do it manually (o_O)?
Use anything you want from my works.  If you need to contact me use email, not private messages.
#6  May 02, 2007, 08:12:53 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
If I recall correctly, the second one should be in Sander's characters (Wire Damage/Counter Wire damage anim)
I don't remember which anim N° they use. Hmm, I should have 'em somewhere.
#7  May 02, 2007, 08:20:03 am
Oh, the second shot is showing a wire attack?  That's already mentioned in the More (Optional) Mugen Anim Standards thread.

Hm, any suggestions then (for both anims)?
I'unno.  Anything that's unlikely to be coincidentally used by other people for other things, keeping in mind that anim numbers are 4-byte values (i.e., anything up to 231-1 is fair game).  I usually just use 1337-5p34k when faced with such arbitrary number choosing decisions (e.g., "strong hit back" -> "SHB" -> "548").

or did you do it manually (o_O)?
:laugh:
I'm not that insane!
Still quite busy.

(Yes, I intend to deal with that stuff eventually, but kinda can't just yet, sorry. :/ )
#8  May 03, 2007, 02:23:03 am
If I recall correctly, the second one should be in Sander's characters (Wire Damage/Counter Wire damage anim)
I don't remember which anim N° they use. Hmm, I should have 'em somewhere.
Checked Vanessa and Ramon, seems like he coded it but didn't use the specific anims.

Oh, the second shot is showing a wire attack?  That's already mentioned in the More (Optional) Mugen Anim Standards thread.
I know, but come on, 5900? That's the state where everything starts. :-X

:laugh:
I'm not that insane!
Ah, that comes in handy.

I've been using 5400-02 for the weak/medium/heavy versions of the gethit anim, and 5405 for the falling down one in both Twelve and Shin Akuma.
Following that logic, shouldn't 5405 be the recovery anim for the weak version? You know, like 5005, 5015 and 5025.
Whatever, using 5405 now.
#9  May 03, 2007, 08:48:48 am
Ah, that comes in handy.
Yep.  I'm still hoping to find something better, though.  MinGW Developer Studio has some major shortcomings.

I know, but come on, 5900? That's the state where everything starts. :-X
Yeah, that was my reaction too.  And I do have some characters that use Action 5900 for other things.  (E.g., Nana's Akiha has it labeled as "Turns mode (Intro)", and Fervicante's 94 Yuri has it labeled as "Sexy Hit ground from fall".)

Oh, hey, while we're on the subject, am I correct in thinking that KOF's wire damage and Last Blade's forward kicks should share the same gethit anim standard?

Edit:
Kung Fu Man said:
5405 for the falling down one
shouldn't 5405 be the recovery anim for the weak version?
5405 is already used by:
-Mattasaur's Ryu Plus, for "Guard Gauge Bar 3"
-PriPri Man's Mina, for "胴両断(足)" (Trunk bisection (leg))
-All of Nana's characters, with the contents of the anim being simply "5011,20, 0,0, 1"

Kung Fu Man said:
I've been using 5400-02 for the weak/medium/heavy versions of the gethit anim,
5400 is used, at least mostly for other stuff, by:
Nana's characters
Chloe's Athena 02
{_Carnificina_}'s Dr. Doom
Geese Manufacture Committee's Geese
Misamu K Young's Igniz, Kim
ARMS' Kaede
PriPri Man's Mina
Toma's Mishio
Splode's Rikuo
Mattasaur's Ryu Plus
Roque's Sayuri, Tesse, Tsunade
Sepp's Chun-Li, Gouki, Guile, Mike Bison, Zangief
Juke Kisaragi's Hotaru, Momoko, Shion
Jin's Magaki
GM's Alex, Hugo, Ken

A subset of those characters also use 5401 and/or 5402.

Anyway, arguably irrelevant, but:
air.txt said:
All action numbers in the 5000-5999 range not listed below are
reserved for possible future use, so avoid using those numbers for
custom actions.
Still quite busy.

Last Edit: May 03, 2007, 12:26:12 pm by Winane
#10  May 03, 2007, 01:57:06 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
said it long ago, when the specials anims topic was posted, still think the same. we must use the 5000-5999 range gfor special , standarized anims and drop support for too many confusing dif, anims.
#11  May 03, 2007, 02:21:49 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
yeah, that's where we disagree, personally i will just use that range and forget about everyone else/hope they follow.
#12  May 03, 2007, 10:12:39 pm
  • Super Vampire Killer and other crazy stuff creator
I made some special Fatality animation sets, like the decap and torso rip.

I choose the the range 29989-29999 for the animations id numbers, since I felt these ranges would almost never be used under any normal stituation.

Here they are in detail:

29900: MK style stumbling back/slipping on ice animation. Used for Sub-Zero floor freeze and when Kahn or Kintaro strike someone who blocks them (the opponent block breaks and they stumble backwards). A less convincing generic pain animation is substituted for those who lack this sequence.

29901: A MK standing stiff & frightnened animations. Used for fatality like Scorpion's toasty were the player is supposed to look petrified in fear before being killed. Like 29900 a substitute animation covers those who lack this one.

29990: "trophy" style decapped head. Used for Sub-Zero spine rip. Usually facing forward and inanimate.

29991: an airborne decapped head.

29992: Inanimate decapped head on ground.

29993: Animated decapped body falling to ground.

29994: inanimate decapped body already lying on ground.

29995: Severed lower body falling to floor. Most MK characters just substitute their normal inanimate severed lower half for this animation. I provided it really just in case.

29996: Inanimate severed half lying on floor.

29997: Airborne severed torso with head

29998: severed torso with head lying on floor.

29999: Airborne headless severed torso.

29989: Headless severed torso lying on floor.
My Mugen Creations. STILL Hosted at Random Select.
#13  May 03, 2007, 10:43:21 pm
  • In after lock
    • mugenguild.com/~messatsu/index.html
Probably better to come up with something different for the new engines than attempt to make standards when the engine "is dead".  Also, pictures are much better than descriptions because that means anyone who wants to use your standard from a game they are unfamiliar with, it's increasingly likely that they'll get discouraged as the number of games they have to acquire information from rises. ???

Maybe something over a certain threshhold that nobody would use...Messatsu uses 8055000 as the minpoint for his char trait anim standards...I don't think I've seen anything that uses 8000000 anims though, soe from 8000000-8055000 should work well enough to shove any special anims we need, without the risk of bumping into somene's sparks or other anims and all that good crap.
Lazier and with less characters than winane, I'd wager that nobody has bothered to use anims/states that exceed two bytes or five digits.

Many people risk their lives everyday by having Mugen.
Last Edit: May 03, 2007, 10:45:33 pm by ç„¡é™
#14  May 04, 2007, 02:19:56 am
Oh, hey, while we're on the subject, am I correct in thinking that KOF's wire damage and Last Blade's forward kicks should share the same gethit anim standard?
That's why I mentioned they can apply to a lot of games, it's just a generic pose with infinite timing (if you can say it like that :sugoi:).

5400-5402 in my chars IIRC was handled so it froze on the first frame, then the rest of the anim played out for the recovery part of the animation
Oh, right. Come to think of it, all the ground hit anims could've been made like that.

We really need to set an 'off-limits' range for special hit anims
And I wish we could just restart the whole standards thing and leave it organized, but we know it's too late for that.
#15  May 04, 2007, 03:58:03 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
working on a full game, so i plan on implementing that anyway.
#16  August 27, 2007, 09:35:28 am
  • "Moyashi tsuku shite yaru..."
I think we came to an agreement with P.o.t.S. to use 5980 as an animation number. That's ok with me. But I have another idea. This can solve many compatibility problems if being used from now on.
How about making up a numerical code to put before any animation number for different games? For example, 705 = KOF, 66 = Guilty Gear.
Thus, 7055002 can be the number of the first animation in this topic (705[numerical code] + 5002[Hard HitShake animation]).
I understand there're already some standards that're used in many characters, so it's better to keep folowing them, but we may use this idea for the new animations to appear.
#17  August 27, 2007, 11:35:39 am
I understand there're already some standards that're used in many characters, so it's better to keep folowing them, but we may use this idea for the new animations to appear.
New anims to appear are like... five. ;P
That's a good idea on how to keep things organized, but sadly it's too late for that.
#18  August 27, 2007, 02:33:50 pm
#19  August 28, 2007, 02:57:32 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
maybe if we get a bunch of people to agree on it, it will not be late at all. since if they already have the standars it will only be a 30 minutes job on copy pasting and changing the anim no.

gotta update/post later.. though it will be good if we talk about which anims and make good use of this thread instead of lamenting on what has been done in the past.

btw, i use a system of 10 spaced anims, so let's say the mbliss is 5600, then the chipko would be 5610, using the space between those for explods or just alternate axis position.
#20  August 28, 2007, 10:42:58 am
The problem with anim values between 5000 and 6000 is that lots of people use them when they need additional gethit animations. So without consulting any standards they can use any animation with the numbers you've listed, R[E]ika.
And I agree, it's better to get straight to business :D If two of you agree with numerical code idea that may be enough for a start. The old animation standards topic was removed by Kung Fu Man. He ripped it apart and moved its pieces into Dump (now they should be in archive's dump). It would be nice if we overlooked those anims one by one. If one animation was used in characters many times it should not be changed. Like Cheap KO or Dizzy. But some animations, even though they were stated as standard, have been used too little so they could be changed according to this new idea.
But even without taking old stadards in account there are new ones that need our attention. Examples:
1) Tripped animation needs to be split in three: HitShake (Tripped), Going Up (Tripped), Going Down (Tripped). I suggest numbers 7055070, 7055071, 7055072.
2)
3) Blue Mary / Gai Tendou / ... thrown anims.
And MANY others which are not commonly used in MUGEN KOF characters. (Can list them all later)