YesNoOk

The Kamen Rider/Super Sentai Thread (Read 609206 times)

Started by Hams Will Get You, September 07, 2009, 10:26:18 am
Share this topic:
Re: The Kamen Rider/Super Sentai Thread
#1681  July 15, 2016, 04:04:36 pm
    • Indonesia
    • larsmasters.deviantart.com
Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 04:17:27 pm by LarsAlexandersson
#1682  July 16, 2016, 03:14:57 am
The clusterfuck of accessories reminds me of Gaim, and it looks to be another show with multiple Riders from the start.
#1683  July 16, 2016, 07:55:51 pm
    • Indonesia
Plot: http://www.heroshock.com/?p=23558

Either Amnesia as Decade, forgot that he created it until he realized it earlier, or an atoner as Krim Steinbelt?

Anyway, i can see some of Johnny Quest's Real Adventure, Tattoo Teenage, Penn-Zero, Sword Art Online & Accel World vibes in that new series
#1684  July 18, 2016, 01:14:15 am
    • USA
#1685  July 18, 2016, 04:41:24 am
    • Indonesia
thank you. turns out someone else tossed that into the translation to throw people off.
#1686  July 30, 2016, 06:05:23 am
  • Your sweet baby brother
  • Young, dumb, and full of...you know ;)
    • USA
    • dcastaneda2011@yahoo.com
Well, I just got a start on Kyouryuu Sentai Zyuranger today and boy is it great. Might also consider checking out the earlier Super Sentai shows as well. I seriously can't believe I went this long without watching a lot of tokusatsus.
#1687  August 02, 2016, 01:07:43 pm
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
#1688  August 05, 2016, 08:18:04 pm
    • Indonesia
#1689  August 05, 2016, 08:37:04 pm
new ichigo looks meh. the first/the next version look way better.
Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 08:49:17 pm by 地獄の花
#1690  August 07, 2016, 08:34:55 am
    • Indonesia
Okay i have watched Kamen Rider 1 movie raw. Details are:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

There's another news about Kamen Rider Ghost Summer Movie, not just Ex-Aid cameo:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Last Edit: August 07, 2016, 09:06:27 am by LarsAlexandersson
#1691  August 07, 2016, 08:59:08 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
Learn to use spoilers, you socially awkward person.

Edit:
Thanks? Albeit a tad too late since you already ruined it for me. And as far as your report goes, not knowing when to use spoilers or to interact with the rest of fandom is makes you socially awkward, it's not an accusation, it's a fact.
Last Edit: August 07, 2016, 09:19:41 am by S.D.
#1692  August 07, 2016, 07:21:38 pm
new ichigo looks meh. the first/the next version look way better.
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXyNnuaRit8[/youtube]

It looks like Ichigo on r0ids. I don't know what they were thinking with that design. The movie looks fun, though.
#1693  August 07, 2016, 08:20:39 pm
    • Indonesia
#1694  August 07, 2016, 08:39:09 pm
they could've used a leather/plastic/rubber jacket based design they did that in ghost. and it'll high light the rider theme more.
#1695  August 07, 2016, 10:02:43 pm
KR #1 is still presented as legendary and has to be among the strongest, I'm not too surprised that he's given this bulky and powerful look. I hate it all the same, but it doesn't surprise me.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#1696  August 07, 2016, 10:10:41 pm
    • USA

This looks promising, but then again so was Ghost's cameo and we all know how that turned out.
#1697  August 08, 2016, 12:31:45 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
Yeah, I was expecting Kamen Rider Fate/Stay Night and we got... Kamen Rider Yokai Watch instead. Not everybody can be Gaim haha.

To be fair, there's so much they can do with the videogame theme, so here's hoping it doesn't end up as dull as Wizard, Ghost and Drive.
#1698  September 03, 2016, 12:25:57 am
>No hype for Kabuto 2.0's trailer

The video game x doctor motif is weird, but then again Gaim was about breakdancers.  The action sequences look fun.

Information from the presser:
*The name Ex-Aid was coined from “Extreme” and “Aid”. The protagonist is referred to as a Doctor × Gamer who fights against the mysterious game viruses known as the Bugstar. As previously known, there will be various video game genres such as Action, RPG, Shooting, and Racing. Each genre will be represented not only by a Kamen Rider but by various effects that will be featured in fight scene!

*Ex-Aid’s human name is Emu Hojo, played by Hiroki Iijima. Emu is a medical student (studying pediatrics) at Seito University Hospital, which appears to be the central location for this series. In his off-hours, Emu is known simply as “M”- a genius-level gamer.

*Next in the cast is Kamen Rider Brave, aka Hiiro Kagami, a physician at Seito University portrayed by Toshiki Seto. He is normally rude & condescending towards Emu but is willing to fight alongside Ex-Aid to stop the Bugstars.

*Rounding out the Riders is Kamen Rider Snipe, real name Taiga Hanaya (portrayed by Ukyo Matsumoto.) This young man USED to be a doctor, until an unrevealed incident caused his medical license to be revoked.

*Our female lead this time around is named Asuna Karino, played by Ruka Matsuda. She is a nurse working for the Ministry of Health, and also has a mysterious secondary identity known as Poppii Pipopapo.

*Kai Shouma plays the early antagonist, Bugstar leader Palad.

*Working behind-the-scenes for most events is a figure named Kuroto Dan, president of the game-designing Genmu Corporation (played by Iwanaga Tetsuya.)

*Kamen Rider Ex-Aid’s theme song, EXCITE! will be performed by famous Japanese recording artist Daichi Miura.
http://news.tokunation.com/2016/08/30/kamen-rider-ex-aid-cast-crew-details-confirmed-press-conference-34831
Last Edit: September 03, 2016, 12:31:00 am by Japanese Jesus
#1699  September 03, 2016, 12:30:54 am
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.

GT

#1700  September 30, 2016, 06:28:58 am
    • USA
    • Skype - gt_ruby
Finished the final episode for Ghost earlier today. Holy hell. I haven't seen an ending that bad since W. I could hardly wait for that last episode to be over.

Nothing to do now but wait for Ex-Aide...
Yeah Titiln, in fact, You Made Him