YesNoOk

Trajes Fatais Minimal (PC) (Itch.io) (Read 568 times)

Started by jo19sh92, October 11, 2019, 09:11:41 pm
Share this topic:
Trajes Fatais Minimal (PC) (Itch.io)
#1  October 11, 2019, 09:11:41 pm
  • The Assets Ripper
  • Discord @ J9_2R#5048
    • USA
A (I'm guessing spain or brazil made) fighting game found on itch.io with what I'm assuming to be a battle between good and evil (devils/demons and angels).

Sadly though, the way the game engine is built, is that it applies the palettes to the characters right before you see them, so the actual sprites themselves are all in grayscale.

But anyways, here's the sprites. Normally I would also get the palette file, but the game itself uses a weird file extension for those that I cannot seem to change into an actual palette file.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/95nu8ilzwiiuc44/Trajes_Fatais_Minimal.zip/file
Character I Main As (Updated)
Eddy Gordo (by LESSARD)

Favorites
Dragon-Ken (by Kotori)
SPO Ryu (by Rikard)
Bebum Ryo (by Daimonmau)
Jesse (by The_None)
Re: Trajes Fatais Minimal (PC) (Itch.io)
#2  October 11, 2019, 11:23:39 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico

thanks for your contributions. this one might get  a slightly fdifferent reception because it was made by guys who frequect this forum, tho.
#3  October 12, 2019, 02:57:40 am
  • The Assets Ripper
  • Discord @ J9_2R#5048
    • USA
thanks for your contributions. this one might get  a slightly fdifferent reception because it was made by guys who frequect this forum, tho.

I'm aware of that. But the way I see it is this... it's good for both parties. We get more characters, their game gets recognized. Like, if I was to create something and then someone was to re-purpose it (in a way that still makes no money) then I'd be like "ya know what... my game didn't become a thing, but my character(s) did, and that's better than it being forgotten."
Eddy Gordo (by LESSARD)

Favorites
Dragon-Ken (by Kotori)
SPO Ryu (by Rikard)
Bebum Ryo (by Daimonmau)
Jesse (by The_None)
#4  October 13, 2019, 02:26:30 am
  • I am a little editor of pixel art
    • Brazil
    • felipexavier.stuart@gmail.com
Just to note that this game is still in development, the Onanim send the development in alpha build to the kickstarter supporters
#5  October 13, 2019, 02:42:17 am
  • I'm just a sweet transvestite
I don't support this(as if anyone gives a flying shit, but whatever), since On/Off aside being an awesome and inspiring spriter, is not a BIG company.

Not wanting to start a flamewar or else, just my humble point of view.

PS: Forgot to tell, On/Off is Brazillian, not Spanish.
#6  October 13, 2019, 03:06:04 am
Humble point of view or not, a game's a game. French Bread and Studio Saizensen are fairly small and no one cared when UNI and Blade Strangers sprites got ripped. Most fighting games these days don't come from "big" companies, usually with just one to three people working on sprites. Like, I get that he used to be one of us, but his work is no different from theirs.

Sadly though, the way the game engine is built, is that it applies the palettes to the characters right before you see them, so the actual sprites themselves are all in grayscale.
That's honestly very curious. What tool did you rip them with anyway? XNB to PNG?
Would have to fiddle around to see what gets the .plt files applied. Either way, making palettes for them is easy. When you index the sprites, you can see that every tone is carefully separated. Cristiano has 202 colors, for example, and despite similar shades on his chest area, there is a very slightly altered tone shift simply to give him a tank top.
Last Edit: October 13, 2019, 03:14:46 am by 修羅
#7  October 13, 2019, 03:29:23 am
  • The Assets Ripper
  • Discord @ J9_2R#5048
    • USA
Humble point of view or not, a game's a game. French Bread and Studio Saizensen are fairly small and no one cared when UNI and Blade Strangers sprites got ripped. Most fighting games these days don't come from "big" companies, usually with just one to three people working on sprites. Like, I get that he used to be one of us, but his work is no different from theirs.

That's honestly very curious. What tool did you rip them with anyway? XNB to PNG?
Would have to fiddle around to see what gets the .plt files applied. Either way, making palettes for them is easy. When you index the sprites, you can see that every tone is carefully separated. Cristiano has 202 colors, for example, and despite similar shades on his chest area, there is a very slightly altered tone shift simply to give him a tank top.

I used the program XNBcli to get the character sprites. Unfortunately, as I said, all of them were in grayscale, and frankly, taking the time to edit them to be fully colored is not my forte, so I'm leaving that to the interested parties into doing whatever they wish. I mean hell, I'd still play these characters even if they were just kept in grayscale the entire time, I don't mind that.

But yeah, as I mentioned before, I figured this is a good way to kind of spark interest in these games I'm uploading assets from, cause even if nobody ever ports them to MUGEN, at least people can go "oh hey, this exists... maybe I should look at it." Cause let's be honest here, unless a game becomes mainstream, it generally goes unnoticed or kind of gets put on the backburner, or replaced or deleted or abandoned... and such games shouldn't be forgotten so easily. Like sure, eventually nobody will notice this game and the "fan base" it currently has will eventually die out, but hey, might as well get some interest flowing, get people curious to know if someone is willing to make these characters playable outside of the actual game itself, and perhaps... get some communication between all parties.

Like yeah, I know... people don't want their assets to just be used whenever and thrown around, but at the same time, if the MUGEN community was all up-in-arms about "don't use assets from games that aren't yours", then MUGEN itself wouldn't exists. This isn't a way to like demote the original game by any means, just a way to make it more accessible in different forms. Its always interesting to see games taken to a new level, new idea, new concept, and for people to be able to expand on them.

Hell, for all we know, someone could take these sprites and make an entirely new character out of them, which they could then give back to the original creators for them to put into their actual game as a shout-out or something. Who knows. I just feel that... there's a lot of good games out there, and most of them, deserve to be more than just "oh hey, another one of those games". If communities can come together and accept the sharing of each other's resources and assets, then everyone can benefit from it. People can play characters in games that would otherwise probably never exist or get noticed, people can expand on games that already exist and contribute to them, and more importantly... games can survive just a little bit longer. Of course, I read the message above, when someone else said "the game is still in development" and that's a neat thing and all that, but... we also live in the age of underdevelopment, where ideas tend to get stuck being "developed" and never "produced" and often times, the ones that finally do get produced, don't hold their own. I played a bit of this game, and while it is fun, I do feel that many of these characters... could use a serious revamp. A way to expand their movesets, creativity, and so on.
If the original creators of this game want me to take this down, I will humbly do so without any question or argument, but for now, I shall share the sources, get people to notice them, and maybe people will even try the original before going "hey, what if I add this character to MUGEN?"
Eddy Gordo (by LESSARD)

Favorites
Dragon-Ken (by Kotori)
SPO Ryu (by Rikard)
Bebum Ryo (by Daimonmau)
Jesse (by The_None)
#8  October 14, 2019, 12:23:02 am
  • I am a little editor of pixel art
    • Brazil
    • felipexavier.stuart@gmail.com
I mentioned the development thing because the game uses unity now (making it easier to work around)
Also Onofre started with mugen, Lucy Fernandes have a version for it (ofc not in succubus costume).
I don't think Onofre or the Onanim studio or wathever will get upset with their game being in mugen.
#9  October 14, 2019, 04:08:32 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico

If the original creators of this game want me to take this down, I will humbly do so without any question or argument, but for now, I shall share the sources, get people to notice them, and maybe people will even try the original before going "hey, what if I add this character to MUGEN?"

Cool, that has been the general attitude since 1999/2000, dating back as queen of hearts and super sango fighter. all games are free field until the actual creators complain. Funny thing because tsukaso specifically mentioned french bread (queen fo hearts).