YesNoOk

transformation help (Read 1547 times)

Started by Iori Fue, September 06, 2007, 09:22:53 am
Share this topic:
transformation help
#1  September 06, 2007, 09:22:53 am
how do i code a transformation? like from iori to orochi iori? i have all the sprites and all that i just need some help coding it
Re: transformation help
#2  September 06, 2007, 09:31:06 am
  • Coming Soon?
check the code snippet section I believe there is some transformation code there.
Latest Yoshi alpha ready for feedback Aug 15th check here for details...
#3  September 06, 2007, 09:43:51 am
that just makes it go to one animation, is there any way that i can make it go to a whole different character, im pretty sure i have to use a variable for this, how do i though?
#4  September 06, 2007, 11:11:12 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
Yuck. Horrible code that one. Leave it alone. Make 2 seperate characters instead.

But you obviously don't understand what you've read. That code gives you the method to code a transformation, it doesn't tell you how to do EVERYTHING cos that would require pasting the common1.cns into the post which would be bad.

transforms are purely a shyteload of changeanims and new changestates, thats it. Nothing special and they add -1000 points to gameplay. Gameplay >>>>>>>> graphics

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#5  September 06, 2007, 11:44:55 am
would you know any other transform codes that i could use?? cause i want to make a move that changes him into orochi iori and if it misses he has to stay orochi for the rest of the fight
#6  September 06, 2007, 05:03:23 pm
  • Hedgehog Whisperer
  • Red Bull addict
    • Spain
    • xgargoyle.mgbr.net
Good luck with the custom states  ;D
XGargoyle: Battle posing since 1979
http://xgargoyle.mgbr.net
http://www.pandorabots.com/pandora/talk?botid=e71c0d43fe35093a  <-- Please click that link
http://paypal.me/XGargoyle  <-- Donations welcome!
#7  September 06, 2007, 05:18:09 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
to be able to make transformations you either have to have a mugen background or at least be a pretty clever person so you can pull it off whitout knowing how to make mugen characters.
#8  September 07, 2007, 02:19:49 am
ya, its usually cleaner 2 do wat Cy said an make 2 chars, buuuuuuut... if u wanna make a transformation, just use 1 variable that will cheq 2 c if your char is transformd or not... and put this in your cmd, on moves that can only be used while your character is in orochi iori (ie. triggerall = var(1) = 1 ;transformd). Then, edit your common1, accommodating your transformation.
ie.
; Stand
[Statedef 0]
type = S
physics = S
sprpriority = 0

[State 0, 1]
type = ChangeAnim
trigger1 = Anim != 0 && Anim != 5
trigger2 = Anim = 5 && AnimTime = 0 ;Turn anim over
value = 0

[State 0, 2]
type = VelSet
trigger1 = Time = 0
y = 0

[State 0, 3] ;Stop moving if low velocity or 4 ticks pass
type = VelSet
trigger1 = abs(vel x) < 2
trigger2 = Time = 4
x = 0

[State 0, 4] ;Are you dead?
type = ChangeState
trigger1 = !alive
value = 5050
would be changed to

; Stand
[Statedef 0]
type = S
physics = S
sprpriority = 0

[State 0, 1]
type = ChangeAnim
trigger1 = Anim != 0 && Anim != 5 && Anim != 1000
trigger2 = Anim = 5 && AnimTime = 0 ;Turn anim over
value = (var(1) = 1)*1000    ;use 0, or 1000

[State 0, 2]
type = VelSet
trigger1 = Time = 0
y = 0

[State 0, 3] ;Stop moving if low velocity or 4 ticks pass
type = VelSet
trigger1 = abs(vel x) < 2
trigger2 = Time = 4
x = 0

[State 0, 4] ;Are you dead?
type = ChangeState
trigger1 = !alive
value = 5050
that is assuming your transformation var is 1 and your orochi iori stand anim is 1000
so, just go through your common1 and make changes where they are needed as in the above example... o EXCEPT, theres 1 HUGE bad thing about transformations... if some1 puts u in a custom state and they force u to use an anim with required sprites in it, your character will use the required, untransformed, sprites... I HAVE NO IDEA how 2 fix that... i dont think there is a way... but other than that, hf wit ur transformation ^^ they kik a§§ when done right

edit: lol used code steada mcode (i havnt been on the guild in a long time, just came baq ^^)