YesNoOk

Capcom vs. The World (Updated with new info, need feedback!) (Read 72781 times)

Started by Sean Altly, June 25, 2010, 06:06:48 am
Share this topic:

Poll

What type of Super commands should the game use?

SF-style Commands (D,DF,F,D,DF,F,P for example)
3 (14.3%)
MVC/Vs.-style Commands (D,DF,F,2P for example)
18 (85.7%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Re: Capcom vs. The World
#21  June 25, 2010, 11:29:50 pm
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly
Arthur would be great actually.

I'd switch Hibiki for Kaede, but I really like Rugal. I don't know who I'd drop for Terry. Maybe Rock, but he's popular and I dig him too. Choices choices.

Download Last Bout now!
#22  June 25, 2010, 11:52:12 pm
Arthur would be great actually.

I'd switch Hibiki for Kaede, but I really like Rugal. I don't know who I'd drop for Terry. Maybe Rock, but he's popular and I dig him too. Choices choices.

In that case, let's break it down, shall we? You like Rugal, and it seems like he's staying. Rock is popular, and you like him. Seems like he's staying too. This brings us to either King or Iori. King isn't quite as popular as Iori, but she has her fans, and would bring a lot to the table. As for Iori, he's all right, but ever since his debut back in 1995, there's been oh so many characters like him to various degrees, making him not so unique. Not to mention that until XII reworked him, his gameplay had become kind of stale. Thus, unless you'd use XII Iori, I'd suggest leaving him out. But if you absolutely must have a KOF lead, then keep him and exclude King. Not what I'd do, but I'm not you. It's up to you who you want to keep, and who you want to exclude.
Last Edit: June 26, 2010, 03:42:01 am by kkhohoho
#23  June 26, 2010, 05:36:29 am
  • doot doot doot
    • lili-yajuujo.deviantart.com/
I don't think Sabin is necessarily the best representative of the FF series, but I think an FF6 character would work well, so maybe Celes? Terra's a wee bit overrated and I'm not sure her fighting style would work in Mugen. Then again, Celes might be too similar to Squall, but in that case maybe replace Squall with Selphie for a good close range melee fighter. (And as a bonus, there'd be more women in the game -- because honestly, it's kind of disappointing seeing only 3-4 of 17 characters per side are women.)

I'm also interested in offering drawn portrait art, but if you're involved, Sean, I'm not sure you'll need my help on that considering your own good skills with that. Still, thought I'd offer!
#24  June 26, 2010, 05:52:28 am
  • Deliverater
    • USA
Sabin and Squall are getting made because I really like the characters. When I make characters that aren't original (like my SHADEs characters), they have to be characters I have a passion for, or it becomes more like work instead of fun. I could make Cloud or Zidane or Selphie or more popular characters, but it would be too much like work because I don't like those characters enought to devote the dozens of hours it takes to make a character like that. It's not that other people's opinions don't matter to me, it's just a matter of what I'm willing to devote all that time and energy to.

Here's an idea for the KoF situation. I can lose Rugal. I like King more than him, so he can go. What we do is we replace him with Blood Riot Iori, so Iori is still present and can fill Rugal's spot as a boss.

Download Last Bout now!
#25  June 26, 2010, 06:09:01 am
  • Game cards do not actually talk
    • New Zealand
    • Skype - lunchpolice
    • www.youtube.com/user/Quackbillion
Which Link would you use?
Formerly LunchPolice aka Quack
#26  June 26, 2010, 06:32:36 am
Sabin and Squall are getting made because I really like the characters. When I make characters that aren't original (like my SHADEs characters), they have to be characters I have a passion for, or it becomes more like work instead of fun. I could make Cloud or Zidane or Selphie or more popular characters, but it would be too much like work because I don't like those characters enought to devote the dozens of hours it takes to make a character like that. It's not that other people's opinions don't matter to me, it's just a matter of what I'm willing to devote all that time and energy to.

Here's an idea for the KoF situation. I can lose Rugal. I like King more than him, so he can go. What we do is we replace him with Blood Riot Iori, so Iori is still present and can fill Rugal's spot as a boss.

That works. 8)

PS.By the way, FFVI is my favorite FF, so naturally, I like Sabin too, and he fits well for a Fighting Game. You're not alone. ;)
#27  June 26, 2010, 08:00:27 am
  • The life of a dish is not an easy one.
    • USA
    • mugenplate.webs.com/
Sabin would indeed fit well into a fighting game. (He just has to be able to Suplex a train is all :P ) And I wish you the best of luck with him and Squall. Also if you are making a fresh Link and not using any base, I'm a fan of the Wind Waker one myself.
Stuff
#28  June 26, 2010, 11:13:13 pm
I just noticed that there were seven SNK characters. With the recent revision, that would be Terry, Kaede, Rock, O.Iori, King, Vice, and Tizoc. Both Vice and Tizoc would count as more obscure, less popular characters that add variety, but I think it would be nice if one of these two could be replaced with, say, a Samurai Shodown character? (Haohmaru?) After all, you already have both a KoF rep (Iori,) and a Garou rep. (Rock.) I think you could replace one of those two (Vice and Tizoc,) for a Sam-Sho character. Your thoughts Sean.A?
#29  June 27, 2010, 05:46:54 am
  • Deliverater
    • USA
Well, Tizoc is in there as a wrestler counterpart for Alex. Vice is there to up the female count while still providing variety. Again, I'm going with what's available to me, and Vice already has nice CVS sprites that wouldn't have to be edited. If I replaced her with a SamSho character, it would most likely be Nakororu since she also has CVS sprites, unless a second spriter wants to help out and convert someone else's sprites so they blend in. I understand that's a tedious process though.

Download Last Bout now!
#30  June 27, 2010, 06:11:35 am
Well, Tizoc is in there as a wrestler counterpart for Alex. Vice is there to up the female count while still providing variety. Again, I'm going with what's available to me, and Vice already has nice CVS sprites that wouldn't have to be edited. If I replaced her with a SamSho character, it would most likely be Nakororu since she also has CVS sprites, unless a second spriter wants to help out and convert someone else's sprites so they blend in. I understand that's a tedious process though.

Well, do what you want. It's your idea. ;)

PS.This might not be relevant until later down the road, but if there are to be no Sam-Sho reps, could there at least be a Sam-Sho themed stage?
Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 06:16:10 am by kkhohoho
#31  June 27, 2010, 08:54:35 am
  • Deliverater
    • USA
No, don't get me wrong, now that it's been pointed out, I should have at least one SamSho representative. It will just take some figuring out. It would be easier if I just expanded the roster, but as I said, I'm trying to keep it manageable.

I also made this CVS-ish palette for Keith Wayne from Power Instinct. I know with Kaede, Terry, Ken, and Rock, the game might be reaching it's limit for Blonde white guys (though Kaede is Japanese and Ken is half Japanese), but the shading style on these sprites is very similar to CVS2, and I think it would be interesting to have him in the game. Check it out:

Download Last Bout now!
#32  June 27, 2010, 10:58:56 am
  • im finally just like everyone else
    • sites.google.com/site/thespritehaven/
How about just one per franchise? :P

fucking bad poster asshole that home32 bitch
#33  June 27, 2010, 04:04:03 pm
How about just one per franchise? :P

That's my thoughts, although it's alright for KoF characters that originated from a different source to represent their original source.
#34  June 28, 2010, 06:53:34 pm
  • Deliverater
    • USA

Download Last Bout now!
#35  June 29, 2010, 12:34:36 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
LOL.

Anyway, interesting idea. Everybody is giving interesting thoughts/ideas, to give variety to the roster without going too much on fanboy-ism.
One thing I notice though is the lack of grapplers. There are only 2.5 of them : Tizoc, Vice, and Alex (counts for 0.5, since he's more of a hard hitter than a grappler IMO).

About Dante, maybe Arlequin's sprites could interest you (WIP stage), although they are more MVC style than CVS :
http://forum.mugen-infantry.net/index.php?topic=137457.0
#36  June 29, 2010, 12:38:56 pm
  • I am a ghost.
    • USA
    • www.bmarquis.com
Roster Suggestion: Syoh (Dead Dance).
Accusare nemo se debet nisi coram Veridis
DYNOMITE
#37  June 29, 2010, 09:32:18 pm
  • Deliverater
    • USA
LOL.

Anyway, interesting idea. Everybody is giving interesting thoughts/ideas, to give variety to the roster without going too much on fanboy-ism.
One thing I notice though is the lack of grapplers. There are only 2.5 of them : Tizoc, Vice, and Alex (counts for 0.5, since he's more of a hard hitter than a grappler IMO).

About Dante, maybe Arlequin's sprites could interest you (WIP stage), although they are more MVC style than CVS :
http://forum.mugen-infantry.net/index.php?topic=137457.0

Yeah, those Dante sprites look alright, but I think I'm more interested in his Spawn now that you've pointed it out to me. I should contact him when I actually start to get the ball rolling on the game.

Also, Sabin will be sort of a grappler too. Otherwise, who else would you suggest, besides Zangief? Maybe R. Mika? I want to say I saw someone working on some Clark or Ralf sprite edits to make them for CVS, and I would absolutely love to have Clark in the game.

Download Last Bout now!
#38  June 29, 2010, 09:44:10 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
I think dampir was working on some semi-CVS Ralf sprites. Don't know if he actually released them.
#39  June 29, 2010, 10:41:59 pm
  • Deliverater
    • USA
He did release them, but all of the links are down since it was around 2008. I can't seem to find them now.

Download Last Bout now!
Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 04:02:56 am by SeanAltly
#40  June 29, 2010, 11:51:18 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
I'll see if I can find them on my computer. But Ralf is not a grappler either anyway, he's more a hard hitter like Alex.
Yeah, definitely Clark if you can get sprites. I'll think about others.