YesNoOk

Capcom vs. The World (Updated with new info, need feedback!) (Read 74035 times)

Started by Sean Altly, June 25, 2010, 06:06:48 am
Share this topic:

Poll

What type of Super commands should the game use?

SF-style Commands (D,DF,F,D,DF,F,P for example)
3 (14.3%)
MVC/Vs.-style Commands (D,DF,F,2P for example)
18 (85.7%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Re: Capcom vs. The World
#41  June 30, 2010, 04:03:59 am
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly
Yeah, but having Ralf done already would make adapting Clark to CVS style a lot easier since they have a lot of the similar sprites (required sprites and such).

Download Last Bout now!
#42  June 30, 2010, 12:35:35 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
#43  June 30, 2010, 07:45:47 pm
  • Deliverater
    • USA
The Ralf in there is the one with the Puffy vest. Can someone tell me which year of KoF that was so I can find the Clark sprites that match them? I know there will still be a ton of editing to do, but I might be willing to do it. Hell, Dampir enjoys it so much, maybe I could just get him to do it and give him credit, because I'd love to have Clark in the game.

Download Last Bout now!
#44  June 30, 2010, 08:00:32 pm
Hello. Sean, i've a similar project with Marvel mugen game, so if you still are ready for it it would be good.
I just want to know some specs of your game

*Will you use Hi res chars or low?
   *Have more details of your project?
   *Still this project alive?
#45  July 01, 2010, 03:33:59 am
  • Deliverater
    • USA
This isn't really a project, just throwing around some ideas for now. I still have a good bit of work to do for my full game SHADEs of Manhattan 2.

The only one of your questions I can answer is that the characters will be lo-res.

Download Last Bout now!
#46  January 27, 2011, 12:36:45 am
  • Vae Victus!
    • USA
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/lord-kains-small-portraits-140580.0.html
How about this guy, Raziel, can he be revived? it would be awesome to have him on mugen:

Just a bunch of wips i found online... just to give u an idea...
"Given the choice; whether to rule a corrupt and failing empire or to challenge the Fates for another throw a better throw against one's destiny... what was a king to do?
#47  January 27, 2011, 12:54:02 am
  • Smart Icoca wannabe!
    • Poland
    • samouczek.com/
How about this guy, Raziel, can he be revived? it would be awesome to have him on mugen:

Just a bunch of wips i found online... just to give u an idea...

I believe the second from the right comes for an actual WIP, or rather did since it was aborted and it was few years ago, rest are just single sprites but yeah, raziel deserves a place in mugen.
#48  January 27, 2011, 04:37:41 am
  • Vae Victus!
    • USA
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/lord-kains-small-portraits-140580.0.html
The second from the right yeah its a real wip that its out and the first on the right its i believe the same wip that someone wanned to take over but never finished the work and never heard of it before....
"Given the choice; whether to rule a corrupt and failing empire or to challenge the Fates for another throw a better throw against one's destiny... what was a king to do?
#49  January 27, 2011, 05:03:08 am
    • mugenmultiverse.fanbb.net/
both raziel's on right are by ahrimanes. of those, the left was first incarnation. he didnt like it so changed to look on the right.

but sometime between then and now, he quit mugen to pursue other graphic design opportunities.
#50  January 27, 2011, 06:02:52 am
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
#51  January 27, 2011, 06:41:37 am
  • Deliverater
    • USA
Right now, the only characters I actually plan to fully sprite myself are:

Squall (working on these now)
Sabin (probably the next WIP)

I am open to making CvS-style sprites of a Mortal Kombat character because I realized it's just not right to call this Capcom vs. The World and not include someone from MK. Probably either Sub-Zero or Scorpion, that way they could easily be edited into other MK ninjas if people would like.

If I could get some sprite help, I would consider some other characters, but for now, if a character doesn't have existing CvS-style sprites (or at least sprites that could be edited to look like them), I probably won't include them. This is all just idea engineering at this point though, and I haven't taken a look at the roster for revisions in quite some time, so a lot of this can and will change.

Download Last Bout now!
#52  January 27, 2011, 06:49:29 am
  • I am hilarious
    • USA
Final Fantasy 6 Sabin? FUCKING YES

but I want FF4 Yang if you do Sabin :>
#53  January 27, 2011, 06:54:06 am
  • Deliverater
    • USA
I never played FF4. :(

I've really only played 6,7,8,9,10, and a little bit of 12. However I have played the hell out of 6-10, so I make up for lack of total Final Fantasy games played with how much time I played those, especially 8.

Download Last Bout now!
#54  January 27, 2011, 06:55:58 am
  • I am hilarious
    • USA
4 is awesome. Play it plx

MDD

#55  January 27, 2011, 06:58:41 am
  • OG Pallette Goon
  • Only here for one night let me put it on ya face
Blood Riot Iori doesn't really seem like boss material when comparing him to a bunch of other characters. Perhaps another character? [size=2pt]couchGeesecough[/size]

Also, you could ask Binho if you could edit his sprites for his Ninjas if you want MK.
#56  January 27, 2011, 07:22:29 am
  • Deliverater
    • USA
Well, we came to the decision to use BR Iori as a boss because I wanted to include Iori but was trying to limit KoF representation so the game didn't end up being Capcom vs SNK vs Some Other Guys. I like Geese as much as the next guy, but he's already been done to death as a boss character, so I was trying something new. Maybe the Boss for The World side could be from something else entirely.

By the way, I was looking through some of the tons of characters I've downloaded in the past, and found Koopa Troopa by LegatoB and Titiln. I bring it up because the sprites for Koopa Troopa are very close to CvS-styled, and he could be a good Nintendo rep. What do you guys think? I'd contact the creators for permission to use the sprites of course.

Download Last Bout now!

MDD

#57  January 27, 2011, 07:44:09 am
  • OG Pallette Goon
You could possibly use Hazama as The World boss since he's the god of trolls and he's fucking 1337. Don't know how much sprite edited that would require though, since he's high-res.

Are you talking about this Koopa Troopa:

If so, it could use some editing, but I think it would work.
#58  January 27, 2011, 07:48:41 am
  • Deliverater
    • USA
Yeah, that's the one I'm talking about. I think I could spruce that right up pretty quickly, if given the chance.

Download Last Bout now!

MDD

#59  January 27, 2011, 07:54:16 am
  • OG Pallette Goon
Yeah, it looks really weird right now. Also, there was a guy making Dormammu sprites, but I don't know how far he's gotten. You could possible use him if he's ever finished.
#60  January 27, 2011, 08:05:40 am
  • Bringing her back
    • USA
    • hiivolt-07.deviantart.com/
Him I have an idea for a marvel character.
Spriting is hard.