YesNoOk

P2 enters on a Air state if it's grabbed in a canceled throw (Read 22160 times)

Started by Lurker, March 25, 2018, 11:54:45 pm
Share this topic:
P2 enters on a Air state if it's grabbed in a canceled throw
#1  March 25, 2018, 11:54:45 pm
  • From the Republic of the Little Bananas
    • Brazil
I was testing cancels on my Kyo, but when I cancel into his Neomax the enemy enters on a air state when being hit even with a custom state for the grab, there is a way to solve this problem without putting the player 2 in another custom state?

A video to show what's happening:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Last Edit: March 30, 2018, 09:24:15 pm by Lurker
Re: P2 enters on a Air state if it's grabbed in a canceled throw
#2  March 26, 2018, 06:23:01 am
  • Hey, I'm Grump!
    • USA
    • soldier.ucoz.net/
If its a throw attack then you have no actual hitdefs anywhere, correct? And you added a nothitby? because otherwise he'll just be sent into a general gethit state and it'll break the grab.

(Youtube) (WIP) (Mediafire) (New Anime Shop) My Manga Reviews! Personal favorite Patreon! Check her out!

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."
#3  March 27, 2018, 02:16:05 am
    • Brazil
No, I'm actually have hitdefs for the punches. His states have nothitby, the custom state doesn't have one.
#4  March 27, 2018, 07:26:02 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
You probably dont want to do it this way. There are so many variations of attacks that eventually something's going to have a work around for your character. When you make a throw, both characters shouldn't have any clsn boxes. The only time you want a clsn box is for P1 to be able to attack P4 and be able to attack P2 and P4 simultaneously.

To answer your original question. As far as I know, the only way to stop P2 from going airborne from the attack is to edit the original hitdef. You probably dont want to do this. If P2 gets lifted off the ground and reset to be on the ground, a landing state will most likely trigger.

Go custom states.
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
#5  March 30, 2018, 09:23:35 pm
    • Brazil
I was waiting to see if more people answered here, but with custom states it works like a charm, thank you guys.
If someone is curious about what I did, I created a custom state that simulate P2 gethits and called with p2stateno on each hitdef.