YesNoOk

Visual Select Screen Editor (updated 01/09/2013) (Read 307997 times)

Started by tunglashor, September 20, 2010, 06:54:33 am
Share this topic:
Re: Visual Select Screen Editor (updated 01/09/2013)
#301  July 15, 2018, 09:23:38 am
    • USA
@Taybear Well It doesn't seem to work with me.

#302  July 20, 2018, 06:10:19 pm
    • tunglashor.webnode.com
Sorry I haven't been around lately...

doesnt work with Jesuszilla's POTS Felicia
You're right, it doesn't work with the latest version of this character.  The problem is in the SFF file; some unexpected values are in there and it's confusing the program.  It looks as though Fighter Factory Studio isn't writing the expected values for certain fields (obviously Mugen isn't using these values or the character wouldn't work, but VSelect does).  It would be easy to fix but unfortunately I can't make changes currently, for reasons I won't bore you with.  In the meantime you can fix the problem by doing the following:
  • open Felicia in an older version of Fighter Factory (e.g. 3.0)
  • make some small change to a sprite ,e.g. change the X axis from 0 to 1 then back to 0 again
  • save the SFF
That should result in a SFF that VSelect can open.

Huh... deleting the VSelect backup folder completely fixed it.
Thanks~!
That's very odd, I don't know why that could possibly cause problems but I'm glad it worked for you.  I'll look into it some time and see if I can figure it out.

Has anyone been able to use this with Tatsu MM2 screenpack, every time I try to use vselect it just closes with this screenpack
I tried it and you're right, it doesn't work due to a silly bug in VSelect.  Until I'm able to fix it, you can get this screenpack working as follows:
  • open notepad (empty file) and press TAB, then Ctrl+A (select all) then Ctrl+C (copy).  Bear with me...!
  • open data/add004/system.def in notepad
  • press Ctrl+H (replace) then Ctrl+V (paste), then click Replace All
  • save the file, and it should then work in VSelect
(short version: the Tab characters in system.def are confusing VSelect so delete them!)
#303  July 26, 2018, 02:48:49 pm
Can youre put thinks that it can understand at which version Mugen that goes? Official and popular unofficial ones?
But it was sad Mugen was stoped now for ever?
#304  July 27, 2018, 12:26:09 am
    • tunglashor.webnode.com
Can youre put thinks that it can understand at which version Mugen that goes? Official and popular unofficial ones?
Sorry, I don't follow you, can you rephrase your questions?
#305  July 31, 2018, 09:39:30 am

It seem "support" Win mugen and Mugen 1.0... but not orders over 10... ?

Although, that means two different exe?

To plans continue VSelect?
#306  September 28, 2018, 05:13:23 pm

Hi.
I got problems with the Mugen 1.1.0 M.I.C.A. Screenpack by Oldgamer. When i want to start it via V-Select it loads and then just shuts. So i've tried to move the Data Folder away, so i can start V-Select. It worked, but when i try to open the System.def afterwards it tells me, that the SFF File is not compatible.
I tried to do the steps you mentioned above, but doesn't work for me. Any clue, how i can fix this?

----
I fixed this btw.
If you guys got V-Select closing right after you start it, it is caused by some characters, you got in your char folder.
You kinda have to get them all out of the folder. V-Select should start then. Then add them back 1 by 1, and when you got a char that crashes V-Select, delete him.
Last Edit: October 01, 2018, 07:14:56 am by Odb718
#307  October 06, 2018, 09:39:14 am
okay something weird happenned to my V select

it froze up one day while i was updating my roster i have the mugen multiverse screen pack IDK what is wrong it shows the small icon that its starting up then nothing..
ummm....ya ok and ur name was?....riiiight