YesNoOk

Sepp resigns from administration (2006) (Read 20697 times)

Started by Sepp, March 12, 2006, 12:40:14 am
Here we go again
#21  March 18, 2006, 01:39:52 am
  • Nothing ever ends
    • Portugal
    • www.justnopoint.com/loona
Winane's long overdue for some actual staff service... =P

Possible alternatives if it comes to that: PotS or Cadicle.
Here we go again
#22  March 18, 2006, 02:17:50 am
  • Notorious Procrastinator
  • Proudly banned from /r/mugen
    • USA
The almighty poll can settle this!
Here we go again
#23  March 18, 2006, 02:27:26 am
  • Most Dangerous Mugen
    • USA
    • caddie.smeenet.org
The almighty poll can settle this!
How about an American Idol style competition? I already got a few songs picked out. ;)

or how about

5. SIGN THIS PETITION TO MAKE SEPP COME OUT OF ADMIN ABSENCE AND FORCE HIM TO MAKE CHARACTERS AND BE ADMIN FOR US.

In all seriousness, either leaving it up to Valodim(He is very qualified to handle things by himself, in my opinion, though he might not want to :P), or a poll would actually be nice. A staff only poll, because an open poll would just be a popularity contest. Though popularity would certainly be a factor in a staff poll, qualifications are more in the minds of the staff than of the rest of the Mugen Guild.
Last Edit: March 18, 2006, 02:40:41 am by Caddie
Here we go again
#24  March 18, 2006, 02:29:29 am
  • SNK is life
Messatsu for Admahn
Episode II

SyN's Clones Wars :sugoi:
Last Edit: March 18, 2006, 02:40:44 am by Firefighter
Here we go again
#25  March 18, 2006, 02:38:59 am
    • Germany
>_<
Here we go again
#26  March 18, 2006, 04:30:48 am
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
Here we go again
#27  March 18, 2006, 04:59:59 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Caddie or Tony3rd, for some reason I forgot about Tony. He keeps a kinda low profile, another reason to run for admin ^^

But then again Caddie being admin may be good just to see the Mugen Infantry reaction :hah:
Here we go again
#28  March 18, 2006, 05:09:51 am
  • Nothing ever ends
    • Portugal
    • www.justnopoint.com/loona
*removes PotS from candidate list*  :'( So much for P.o.t.S becoming A.o.t.G. =P

Caddie or Tony3rd, for some reason I forgot about Tony. He keeps a kinda low profile, another reason to run for admin ^^

I don't see him actively running for it, but I'm curious as to his reaction if he were invited - but then again, I do tend to distrust most who actively seek these sorts of functions...
His enforcement of the rules on his section regardless of user seniority is a strong point in his favor IMO, and I do recall him justifying that quite reasonably, as opposed to doing it in a blind obssessive manner, which has been a problem with quite a few people in quite a few places before.

But then again Caddie being admin may be good just to see the Mugen Infantry reaction :hah:

To hell with the drama - Caddie has some considerable community seniority by now and some fair variety of experiences in it that should make him balanced enough for the job IMO.
Here we go again
#29  March 18, 2006, 05:11:34 am
  • SNK is life
Long live teh Cad :sugoi:
Here we go again
#30  March 18, 2006, 06:14:00 am
  • Lost all his MUGEN stuff in hard disk crash. :(
  • CHIKARA TO EIKOU!!!
    • Philippines
    • Skype - o_hermanm
    • www.rotbrc.com
Well, get it done and whisk cad to the driver seat. NOW.
Orochi Herman: MUGEN Creator, Producer Video Editor and Web Programmer

And possibly more other shady things lol

https://www.facebook.com/OrochiHerman/
Here we go again
#31  March 18, 2006, 06:31:56 am
  • Tends to lose track of things a lot. :/
    • www.mugenguild.com/~winane/
What's the urgency?  ???

Also, why not admiknight BlackJack, so that he can fix some things himself instead of pelting Val with a steady spray of requests?  :tongue2:
Still quite busy.

(Yes, I intend to deal with that stuff eventually, but kinda can't just yet, sorry. :/ )
Here we go again
#32  March 18, 2006, 06:48:35 am
  • CHIKARA TO EIKOU!!!
    • Philippines
    • Skype - o_hermanm
    • www.rotbrc.com
Well, just so that you guys stop arguing and get something done. ;) If I don't get admin, that's not a big deal. What I want to happen though is that this joint gets the right management.

Here we go again
#33  March 18, 2006, 09:29:31 am
  • SNK is life
I wouldn't mind Herman as Admahn either.
Let's vote :sugoi:
Here we go again
#34  March 18, 2006, 02:24:21 pm
  • can see your halo
    • Germany
    • Skype - panchasell
    • www.mugenguild.com/
Straight to the point: Val alone won't do. From those that crossed my mind, I see only BlackJack or XG (well, or KFM) as candidates that are actually to be taken into consideration.

BlackJack.

About Pots? Kick him so he can slave on his characters and give Vinny something to do instead.

Longer:

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Blade of Tyshalle said:
“I know that many are without weapons, and more are without armor. Many—perhaps most—of you do not call yourselves warriors.
        “But as Caine has said: There is fighting, and there is fighting.
        “By this he means: It is not demanded of each of you to take up a sword and slay. That is the task for warriors. Some may bind wounds, and comfort the injured. That is the task for healers. Some may cook food and carry water. Some may leave here this night, and never look behind.
        “Let each of us fight in our own way, according to our own gifts. A cook who pretends to be a warrior endangers his comrades; a warrior who pretends to be a cook ruins food we need for the strength to fight on."

Ya, still have public announcement to post and reply to the rest of the topic.
"Several times now, Achamian thought he had glimpsed golden haloes about Kellhus's hands. He found himself envying those, such as Proyas, who claimed to see them all the time."
--R. Scott Bakker
The Thousandfold Thought (2006)
Here we go again
#35  March 18, 2006, 02:30:07 pm
  • CHIKARA TO EIKOU!!!
    • Philippines
    • Skype - o_hermanm
    • www.rotbrc.com
Meh. That was fast. XGarg or KFM being admin sounds good.

But MREV pwning me? Ahaha, no. :P

Here we go again
#36  March 18, 2006, 03:33:50 pm
  • Tends to lose track of things a lot. :/
    • www.mugenguild.com/~winane/
KFM?  No:
1.  He's already got a forum to admin.  =P
2.  He's already got way too many other things to do as well.  =P
3.  He's not neeeaaarrly level-headed enough, in my opinion.  I'm guessing he'll have a heart attack before age 50.  ;P

Herman?  Nah.  Uses too much made-up overinflated terminology.  XD

BJ?  As mentioned, he's got my vote.  He's already a GM, anyway.

Me?  Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

Perhaps being admin would be good practice for learning how to delegate work and authority.  A useful life skill.

This would be pretty bad timing for me.  I couldn't guarantee I'd keep the position for very long.
But I'm curious.
I think I can pretty well promise I wouldn't cause any significant harm (as least as I'd define it XD ) through my actions, though perhaps I would through inaction.

Would the forum staff be willing to humor my unwillingness to read through long threads and rants myself, and provide CliffsNotes summaries plus recommendations when they arise?  I'd also need to be given some insight on what goes on in IRC, as I have no desire to so much as install a client for that.  :P

If it's acceptable to most of you...  I'd be kinda inclined to have an admin team of Val/BJ/Winane (and Sepp :P).  Accompanied by a general understanding that our opinions still wouldn't really be counted (much) more than the rest of the staff/special edmembers, and a general understanding that we'd have only marginally greater responsibility to bear.

Though I still think the guy who named himself after a brilliant Star Wars strategist (and a Nazi general, or is that just a coincidence? XD ), in his heart of hearts, really still wants to be admin, but just doesn't currently realize it.  =)

To post this, or not to post this...

*click*
Still quite busy.

(Yes, I intend to deal with that stuff eventually, but kinda can't just yet, sorry. :/ )
Here we go again
#37  March 18, 2006, 05:07:22 pm
  • can see your halo
    • Germany
    • Skype - panchasell
    • www.mugenguild.com/
Oh I hate you. >)

The reset bit in the log was no joke. If I would do forum stuff, then on a new forum. Or this one really reset. >_< No post counter, no lists, no warning systems, mainly adminmods, just mugen, whatever else comes to mind. Because fresh start would give an oppurtunity to actually have whatever I wanna have structurally without pissing everyone off as much, and then we'll still have to worry about the people, but can concentrate on the important things. But I won't spend as much time here on this current forum state. And of course I think Winane would be wasted on a not-restarted forum too, hence his absence from my considerations.

My free time under the week has shrunk considerably so that I don't even really wanna pursue this idea, because even that might, well not necessarily take too much time, but I'd spend too much time on it regardless. But it would be the best solution, haha!!!

That's basically what I mean when I say I've been a fool. I should have done that ten months ago, and listened to myself more closely. Not that I feel it was all wasted.

It's maybe less of a giving up and more of a moving on thing. Though that's maybe the same and depends on from where you're seeing it from. Thinking about it kind of from a distance, "Oh, silly me. I should have done that. Hm. Or do it now. Well. No. Disengage, disengage, disengage. Ok, chapter closed, moving on." I'm not terribly crushed and void of hope now and lost all my ideals.

And yes, I'm verrrry aware of the, "Well, really great dude. If everyone did that, no wonder . . ."

Was the main thing that kept me coming back. At least if I try to give my best and still go nowhere far, well that's still better than not trying. But that's currently gone and changed!

Just about anything is more useful than spending most of my free time reading forums. And I will likely continue to do that enough even without officially administrating stuff. Hey then I might as well -- ahaha. Nope.
"Several times now, Achamian thought he had glimpsed golden haloes about Kellhus's hands. He found himself envying those, such as Proyas, who claimed to see them all the time."
--R. Scott Bakker
Last Edit: March 18, 2006, 05:09:22 pm by Sepp
Here we go again
#38  March 18, 2006, 05:13:33 pm
  • CHIKARA TO EIKOU!!!
    • Philippines
    • Skype - o_hermanm
    • www.rotbrc.com
Herman?  Nah.  Uses too much made-up overinflated terminology.  XD

Haha.

Well, while I may have had a pretty infamous name in the dev days, I can still be a driving force in the operations in here. For one, charisma to the people, and two, experience. Admittingly, judgement and desicion-making is one of my problems, but keeping the peace and watchdog-ism for lamers and trolls are my stengths. However, if the place needs changes and new ideas, I may not be able to deliver the expected goods.

Here we go again
#39  March 18, 2006, 05:31:04 pm
  • can see your halo
    • Germany
    • Skype - panchasell
    • www.mugenguild.com/
Our thoughts should flow unhindered and beyond "this place" and "that place" anyway.

Neither this nor that place are important, this is the Internet, the Bene Gesserit teaching of "Humans live best when each has his place to stand, when each knows where he belongs in the scheme of things and what they may achieve. Destroy the place and you destroy the person." applies not so much.
--R. Scott Bakker
Here we go again
#40  March 19, 2006, 12:12:06 am
  • Hedgehog Whisperer
  • Red Bull addict
    • Spain
    • xgargoyle.mgbr.net
Time for some XG4Admin's Q&A:

Q - Who the fuck are you?
A - I just happen to be the most veteran member (with Herman's exception) who has access to this area and I am also a guy who has knowledge about the engine and the community in general.

Q - But I don't like you...
A - And chances are that I don't like you either, but that's ok. We're a team of different people with their own point of views, and thanks to this the forum could be a perfect democracy. If everybody agreed on the same point of view, this would be a tiranny.

And to tell you the truth, I prefer people being sincere and if you don't like me, feel free to state it. I don't like people who act as a buddy in front of a certain person, and then behind the lines, backstab him/her.

Q - Hey, weren't you an admin at DEV?
A - And so was Sepp and it wasn't a stopper for him to become one of the best admins this forum have ever had.

Q - But you've been away from the scene during the last year...
A - And so have been other possible candidates, and yet no one has complained about it.

This absence has allowed me to be an spectator and analyse the current problems affecting the scene, thus I've been setting a path forward strategy that I hope will be useful for the future of this community.

Q - What is this strategy you're talking about?
A - Magicians never reveal their tricks.

Q - Then why are you running for admin in MFG?
A - Because I believe it's the right thing to do at this time.

Q - How can I be sure you won't go berserk and dump the whole forum?
A - Because in all my previous years of administrator and moderator in other forums, I've never done it. Why would I be different this time?

Q - Weren't you the guy who used to ban at first sight?
A - No, that was Rabite. Blame him if you were one of these guys who had the bad luck to be kicked out of DEV.

Q - But I've seen you actually banning people here in MFG...
A - Indeed, 3 guys (Hoshi, Fuchikoma and another one who I cannot remember now) were temporarily banned (as there was no mute feature then) and who got unbanned shortly after.

Yet, I'm still being flamed for this preventive action and seems that people still wants to remind me everytime this.

Q - I still don't want you here...
A - Sigh... BBH was given a second chance after being caught stealing. Many people who has been caught stealing have been given a second chance too. ZantetsuMug, Legato and other guys have also been given a second chance. Why can't I be given a second chance as well?  Isn't a big hypocrisy to allow other people have second chances, yet I'm not allowed to them?

Q - How do I know you will be a good admin?
A - Because I have proven experience in the community. I've been an administrator at MugenDEV, MugenHispania and Emumania. I've also been a moderator at MFG, RandomSelect, Hispamugen, Speksnk, Emuspot and several other forums I can no longer remember.

Q - How can I be sure you won't be a dictator?
A - Because this is a job, and as a professional, I must adhere to the house rules, even if I don't like them or are against my beliefs. If you're a policeman and your friend has commited a crime, would you do your job or just ignore it? I would always do my job.

Q - Won't you make up your own rules?
A - I won't be making up rules for my own. I do expect all the staff (including me) will make them, and before publishing them, at least the majority of the staff will agree with the new rules.

Q - Will you make any change to the curent staff? Bring new one or remove the current one?
A - No. All of you guys are special in some way, and that's the reason why you're here. I expect people being enough mature to realize when they are no longer needed or unable to do their job. In a similar way, I expect you will be enough mature to be able to suggest posible candidates.

Q - Why did you write this Q&A?
A - Because I am bored and have enough free time to do it.
XGargoyle: Battle posing since 1979
http://xgargoyle.mgbr.net
http://www.pandorabots.com/pandora/talk?botid=e71c0d43fe35093a  <-- Please click that link
http://paypal.me/XGargoyle  <-- Donations welcome!
Last Edit: March 19, 2006, 12:15:05 am by GP2XGargoyle