Serious Kyo Kusanagi (Read 52806 times)

Started by Elix, July 16, 2007, 03:15:26 am
Share this topic:
Re: Serious Kyo Kusanagi
#61  July 23, 2007, 04:14:41 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
Yes, but it was pretty vague. Didn't really say you could do it both to the opponent and the opponent could do it to you.

I trust you know what you're doing now, though. ;P
#62  July 23, 2007, 07:15:21 pm
    • China
    • http://vans.trinitymugen.net/
That is not what he meant. He clearly told that it would be cheap if my character could break the guard, not otherwise. Anyway... Guys, I know you're friends and always help each other, but please, cope with the fact that this character might not follow your tastes. That's also one of the reasons why I'll make a copy of KOF XI Kyo.

I was merely trying to clarify his post a bit, and he was just stating an opinion on a certain matter. No need to react that way.   :P

As for Kyo, really looking forward to him. You are doing a good job.
#63  July 24, 2007, 02:18:17 pm
  • "Moyashi tsuku shite yaru..."
Thank you, I'll try not to spoil him :)
Updated Nata Otochi Geri & Osoto Mawashi Geri. Cosmetic changes to CLSNs and animation axises. Do they look smooth?
#64  July 24, 2007, 02:32:54 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
The first one is perfect.
The second one has a strange pause when preparing the second bunch of kicks, but I guess it should be okay in game, to show the power of the move. :yes:
#65  July 24, 2007, 03:24:42 pm
Something is bugging me with Osoto Mawashi Geri, I don't know what is it. I think it's just the second set of kicks seem sort of unnaturally fast.

But yeah, nothing big. Looks great.  8)
#66  July 24, 2007, 04:44:45 pm
Changed axises (for the last time, I think) and animation times again.
The old:

The new:

BTW, you can combo Nata Otoshi Geri, but you can't combo OMG :) Roundhouse (osoto mawashi) kick causes hard knockdown and sets opponent spinning in midair, for two next hits to land. And the last two moves are supposed to be consecutive in the meaning that the last hit won't probably hit if the first missed, and otherwise. That's why the delay between 1st and 2nd attack is little.
Last Edit: July 24, 2007, 04:49:21 pm by Elix
#67  July 24, 2007, 10:44:25 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
Looks a bit misaligned for some reason.

You know you can align using his 2k2 spriteset, right? Rip all anims from an older KoF episode (in this case, 2k2) at a single position and then use that axis as a guide using Onionskin.
Last Edit: July 24, 2007, 10:48:46 pm by Jesuszilla
#68  July 25, 2007, 12:59:12 am
Ummm... Thank you, but my animations on the previous page wouldn't look so smooth if I didn't know and make this before :P My eyes tell me that right now the axises of these animations are correct. You know, in KOF many animations "slide" just like that to the zero position, relying on PosAdds. BTW, there are no such animations as OMG in KOF, so I had to use some laws, principles of KOF axising, like that the head in air animations must be on the same height.

Did I forget to say that he's going to have a super cancel bar, like in KOF XI? This is to limit his super cancels and to balance him. I don't recall anyone did this earlier. --;

Oh, and one more idea. I really want to make Saisyu Kusanagi and Shingo Yabuki as spectators and as strikers for him ::) They will be watching Kyo from the beginning of his fight, behaving themselves like in KOF 98. Sometimes saying some comments. ;D And when player presses A+D or B+C one of them jumps out of screen in the backgroung and jumps in the foreground, doing an attack or something else (Shingo...  :lugoi: ). Kyo will play his member change animation from KOF XI ("Tanomu daze!"). I'll try to make Saisyu and Shingo as interactive and interesting as possible, implementing them in Kyo's intros/outros, giving them around 300 life as they could die in a match if being beaten too much...

Well, that's it for now.
Last Edit: July 25, 2007, 01:40:16 am by Elix
#69  July 25, 2007, 01:12:33 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
Did I forget to say that he's going to have a super cancel bar, like in KOF XI? This is to limit his super cancels and to balance him. I don't recall anyone did this earlier.

Vans
#70  July 25, 2007, 01:23:17 am
#71  July 25, 2007, 01:24:11 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
#72  July 25, 2007, 01:41:19 am
The site is down, so I'll check it later. What exactly did he make? A char or something else, like KOF XI screenpack?

And, well... I guess I can't keep secrets for long so I'll give away my concepts on them :sugoi:

They will have several attacks each. Saisyu, as he is more experienced, will use his attack based on the circumstances.

Shingo's attacks will be random (but more powerful/useful. Remember him holding opponent's legs? XD) and sometimes they will be feint attacks at which you can only LOL at :sugoi:

Just felt writing it.
#73  July 25, 2007, 01:49:35 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
XI lifebars, a Saisyu (down), Terry (down), and Shen. XI lifebars are on the forums.

Site should be up now... It is for me.
#74  July 25, 2007, 03:00:40 am
Wow, that Shen needs some serious feedback. Does Vans still need one?

OK, I'm revealing one more secret. Kyo has 4 taunts, one of them is an delayed attack. I was inspired by Oswald, looking how his delayed card attack f + A enables him to mind play.

Here's some properties:
1) MoveType = A;
2) Only 2 attack frames, 4 game ticks;
3) 10,5 damage;
4) Normal Projectile; Priority = 1, Hit;
5) Hittime = 18 (strong attack, taking in mind taunt's recover time);
6) Can repeat the flame taunt only after ~1 second;
As you can see I tried to balance this out.

This will add to my Kyo some more mind play.
Last Edit: July 25, 2007, 03:12:22 am by Elix
#75  July 25, 2007, 03:07:56 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
He's happy with any feedback he gets. PM him with it.
#76  July 25, 2007, 07:05:49 am
  • Mugen Remix0r!
Wow, that Shen needs some serious feedback. Does Vans still need one?

OK, I'm revealing one more secret. Kyo has 4 taunts, one of them is an delayed attack. I was inspired by Oswald, looking how his delayed card attack f + A enables him to mind play.
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p59/Elix13/FlameTaunt.gif
Here's some properties:
1) MoveType = A;
2) Only 2 attack frames, 4 game ticks;
3) 10,5 damage;
4) Normal Projectile; Priority = 1, Hit;
5) Hittime = 18 (strong attack, taking in mind taunt's recover time);
6) Can repeat the flame taunt only after ~1 second;

This will add to my Kyo some more mind play.

Mmm... I see some familiar thing... XD hehe
Nice project man... keep up the good work ;)
Regards

kaddet.
#77  July 25, 2007, 08:07:42 am
Interesting.

Hmm, so you're saying S.Kyo will have Strikers/Assist? What did you mean when you said ...
They will have several attacks each.

Sorry, just a bit confused.

I wish Vans put his Terry back up =|
#78  July 25, 2007, 12:26:07 pm
Mmm... I see some familiar thing... XD hehe
Nice project man... keep up the good work ;)
Regards

kaddet.
Hmm, so you're saying S.Kyo will have Strikers/Assist? What did you mean when you said ...
They will have several attacks each.
Sorry, just a bit confused.
Strikers usually have only one attack. My Saisyu and Shingo will have several attacks both. They will perform one attack at a time, if you meant to ask that.
#79  July 26, 2007, 04:24:49 am
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
Did I forget to say that he's going to have a super cancel bar, like in KOF XI? This is to limit his super cancels and to balance him. I don't recall anyone did this earlier. --;
I think I've already mentioned this before, but the cancel bar doesn't make that much difference in a single fight, 'cause by the time you get the power to do those moves the skill bar will be already waiting for you. Or at least so far I never had to worry about it outside team play in XI.

Oh, and one more idea. I really want to make Saisyu Kusanagi and Shingo Yabuki as spectators and as strikers for him ::)
Approved. 8) Just make it so that they're not there if another player is using them already, plus calling them could spend power or be limited to a certain number of times to balance it out.

Sometimes saying some comments. ;D
Requesting Shingo's girlish "Kusanagi-saaaaaaaan!!!" scream when Kyo wins. Or wherever you like as long as it's there. ;P

How's the startup time? 'Cause no matter how you look at it, it's still a projectile capable of hitting people out of supers and such.
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
#80  July 26, 2007, 07:23:11 am
I think I've already mentioned this before, but the cancel bar doesn't make that much difference in a single fight, 'cause by the time you get the power to do those moves the skill bar will be already waiting for you. Or at least so far I never had to worry about it outside team play in XI.
It will matter when you'll face Kyo's AI I guess ;)
Approved. 8) Just make it so that they're not there if another player is using them already, plus calling them could spend power or be limited to a certain number of times to balance it out.
Hmm, I wanted to disable this feature in Simul mode if two Serious Kyos are in one team, but you say I should disable if there's even more that one Kyo in the match?
Requesting Shingo's girlish "Kusanagi-saaaaaaaan!!!" scream when Kyo wins. Or wherever you like as long as it's there. ;P
Man, that was my own idea you've guessed. ;P
How's the startup time? 'Cause no matter how you look at it, it's still a projectile capable of hitting people out of supers and such.
The projectile come out on the 34-th game tick. You can see the animation above.