YesNoOk

Marilyn Sue edit, 1.2a (7/20) (Read 50041 times)

Started by Zero-Sennin, July 07, 2010, 01:01:16 am
Share this topic:
Re: Marilyn Sue edit, 1.1a (7/7)
#41  July 08, 2010, 06:06:13 am
  • Mach Punch Zoning Arm
    • USA
    • Skype - Zero-Sennin
    • tinyurl.com/zstrinmu
I don't even know if Shinra's SFF has that sprite in it.... >__< And I know he was fail, I didn't figure he was that DAMN FAIL.

DNEA, I just tested the throw, I can do it from a neutral jump. You do have to hold forward or back while pressing throw to pull it off, I might've messed up and written the readme wrong.

The Hyakushouken thing, I have a handle on. Just a messed up CMD trigger, I figure.
Youtube 
Twitter
Ask.fm
Zero-Sennin's Workshop
[22:18] <Ebil_Homer> because you messed up?
[22:18] <Ebil_Homer> well that's a fucking shame
[22:18] <Ebil_Homer> pick up your sucks

I don't provide old versions of my characters once they're updated. Please don't ask me for them.
#42  July 08, 2010, 06:22:08 am
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
Sanshou is still not quite there. It should be more like a punch that send you to the upper corner and makes you bounce rather than sliding. And the pause at the end of the movement dosen't look ood.

Sometime pressing D+reflector during a crouching reflector reflector switches to standing reflector for some reason. And change the alignment, it should be above of Marilyn's knee. She should be vulnerable to attacks that hit low, that's why croching reflector exists.

An (Failed) Air reflector should whiff once you land. Otherwise, there's no punishment for reflecting without reason in midair. And it should be able to stop projectlies as well as physic attacks, as a standr reflector (Even though I assume this wouldn't work 100% perfectly in mugen).

You can cancel Chouda Karan into ex chouda karan in the air, which make the animation loop, causing Marilyn to step in the air for a second. You can change the animation or make it cancelable only before Marilyn jumps.

That aside, this Marilyn is pretty decent at this point. Congratulation for turning that useless piece of crap into a good character.
#43  July 08, 2010, 06:47:32 am
  • I hate coding helpers.
    • Brazil

The only thing I'm not totally sure of is the infinite Zzy reported--I did take steps to get rid of it and when I tried it, it seemed to work. If not, then I'll address it at a later point. Everything else should be good though.

It was removed successfully, and I couldn't find a way to abuse her anymore  ;) Good job.
#44  July 08, 2010, 07:03:47 am
  • Mach Punch Zoning Arm
    • USA
    • Skype - Zero-Sennin
    • tinyurl.com/zstrinmu
I purposely dropped the projectile reflection because I had no idea how I'd set the system up to deflect projectiles. Maybe I'll just do a destroy w/o auto-counter, but I dunno.

I'll have to go steal wall-bounce code out of KFM or something, I suppose...sigh.

The random reflector switch, I do believe I just fixed. Forgot a triggerall somewhere. As for the recovery for the air parry, that's easily done and thus I am ON IT.

Chouda Karan's fixed up nicely. Thought one of my triggers did the job, but it FAILED. So I added another one and it seems stable.

1.1b/1.2/Whatever the fsck I call it will be out later today probably. Not before noon though, so keep up the feeding back.

~ZS
Youtube 
Twitter
Ask.fm
Zero-Sennin's Workshop

I don't provide old versions of my characters once they're updated. Please don't ask me for them.
#45  July 08, 2010, 07:59:49 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Don't be lazy. Steal the reflector from POTS and the wall bounce from KFM, et voilà!
#46  July 08, 2010, 08:21:52 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
or my zero, since he has both forms of projectile reflection to cover everything
Re: Marilyn Sue edit, 1.2 (7/8)
#47  July 08, 2010, 07:28:57 pm
  • Mach Punch Zoning Arm
    • USA
    • Skype - Zero-Sennin
    • tinyurl.com/zstrinmu
1.2 is uploaded. Thanks, JZ, for pointing me to your Zero; the projectile killing works like a charm.

With any luck there aren't any more serious problems, but I'm gonna be focusing on the new edit & real life stuff for the next few days--so if there are, they won't be addressed immediately.

OK, 's all I had to say. Do as you all do, I'm here to listen.

~ZS
Youtube 
Twitter
Ask.fm
Zero-Sennin's Workshop

#48  July 14, 2010, 07:20:06 pm
  • The Absolute Worst
    • Canada
    • Skype - do.not.even.ask
    • randomselect.piiym.net/
Jumping over an opponent and performing Fushou will result in Marilyn sweeping away from her opponent.
#49  July 15, 2010, 12:47:34 am
It looks a lot like Dead or Alive Leifang ;P

Maybe you could edit it to look like her ;D
Re: Marilyn Sue edit, 1.2a (7/20)
#50  July 21, 2010, 04:52:39 am
  • Mach Punch Zoning Arm
    • USA
    • Skype - Zero-Sennin
    • tinyurl.com/zstrinmu
Jumping over an opponent and performing Fushou will result in Marilyn sweeping away from her opponent.

FIXED IN THE UPDATE THAT HAS NOW BEEN UPLOADED ON THE NOW RESTORED SITE. [/abridgedesparoba]

It looks a lot like Dead or Alive Leifang ;P

Maybe you could edit it to look like her ;D

I, sir, am not a spriter. I attempted to be a long time ago, but I am well aware that it is not my strong suit. :P
Youtube 
Twitter
Ask.fm
Zero-Sennin's Workshop

#51  July 22, 2010, 09:42:15 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
- Koutankyaku's hitsparks is misaligned.
- No hitspark for ground throw ?
- It may be my hitsparks' pack (same as yours :P), but I don't see a "bounce on the wall" hitspark when the opponent hits the wall during Isshou.
- EX Kasuishou has no CLSN at the start up. You should have CLSNs, and add NotHitBy, and add a helper or something to avoid the enemy going through Marilyn. As it is now, if the opponent walks forward during the start up while being close enough to her, she'll miss him.
- Weren't you going to add AI to your chars ?

She's getting much better. :)
#52  July 22, 2010, 07:12:05 pm
  • Mach Punch Zoning Arm
    • USA
    • Skype - Zero-Sennin
    • tinyurl.com/zstrinmu
- Koutankyaku's hitsparks is misaligned.
- No hitspark for ground throw ?
- It may be my hitsparks' pack (same as yours :P), but I don't see a "bounce on the wall" hitspark when the opponent hits the wall during Isshou.
- EX Kasuishou has no CLSN at the start up. You should have CLSNs, and add NotHitBy, and add a helper or something to avoid the enemy going through Marilyn. As it is now, if the opponent walks forward during the start up while being close enough to her, she'll miss him.
- Weren't you going to add AI to your chars ?

She's getting much better. :)
-Will get to fixing.
-There was a shockwave in Blitzkampf for it, but I'm not sure how to replicate it 100%
-Odd, mine does display a sprite on wallbounce.
-I'll get on that.

As for AI:
Tashigi in the 1.0 Releases is my first, somewhat half-hearted attempt at that. I did look at POTS' code to try to get an idea, but to be honest, as great a creator he is and stuff, the fact is that just looking at his code sometimes gives me a severe headache. I'm thinking of posting over in the help section about it, so we'll see how it goes.

I'm going to take a screenie or two of Haruhi later and try to cause a stir in the Screenshots thread. See ya'll on the flip.

~ZS
Youtube 
Twitter
Ask.fm
Zero-Sennin's Workshop

#53  August 03, 2010, 12:06:08 am
  • "Let Us Cling Together."
Is there any chance we'll see her for WinMugen?
#54  August 03, 2010, 12:09:18 am
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
Is there any chance we'll see her for WinMugen?

My guess is no. Just change to MUGEN 1.0, or wait for Electbyte to release 1.1, which could help some people that has compatibility problems wiht that version.