YesNoOk

EX / Fighting Layer: New Arika fighting game (Read 633581 times)

Started by Renzo F, April 01, 2017, 04:40:22 pm
Share this topic:
EX / Fighting Layer: New Arika fighting game
#1  April 01, 2017, 04:40:22 pm
    • Peru
Info right now is rather scarse, everyone  knows this started as an April baka 's joke, but it ended up being a real game, at least from what we've seen on the stream.

• Confirmed characters: Hokuto, Garuda and Kairi
  • Seems to have a sidestep mechanic, ala Fighting Layer (confirmed in the stream - you press HP+HK)
    • May use magic series for combos ala Marvel/Darkstalkers

Teaser / April baka s' video

There was a stream but they removed it from youtube. Here's a sample fight between Kairi and Garuda
Re: EX / Fighting Layer: New Arika fighting game
#2  April 01, 2017, 04:50:59 pm
They should add a Street Fighter guest character. :)
#3  April 01, 2017, 04:53:02 pm
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
    • mitia.pogorelov1@yandex.ru
Or should really make SF EX 4. But only one is acceptable too.
#4  April 01, 2017, 04:55:50 pm
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
I'm liking how it looks. Especially the battle venues, all of the presented stages are looking super duper nice so far .

They should add a Street Fighter guest character. :)

Lol
This is a generic forum signature.
#5  April 01, 2017, 05:09:29 pm
Kairi's spinning kick was replaced with a straight Tatsumaki, and his instant fireball went back to a regular projectile too. That's a shame.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#6  April 01, 2017, 05:21:36 pm
    • Peru
It's an early build, I know, but the animations look a bit stiff. It's like they created new assets and just copy-pasted the animations they had from the PSX era. Hopefully that changes.
#7  April 01, 2017, 05:28:39 pm
  • JNS
  • The One and Only
    • battlecraze.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Main_Page
Seeing these characters back feels like a dream come true, welcome back.

Hope to see what new designs they've cooked up for the other SFEX/Fighting Layer characters.

玉と碎けよ!
Mugen Things I Did/Battle Craze!!
#8  April 01, 2017, 05:30:08 pm
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA

They should bring Shark-san back
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time

DW

#9  April 01, 2017, 05:36:16 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Kairi's spinning kick was replaced with a straight Tatsumaki, and his instant fireball went back to a regular projectile too. That's a shame.

Indeed it is. Especially since it is his "awakened" form when they made him more unique, compared to the other shotos. I'm not sure this is real or not, so I won't get too excited. Even still, it looks really nice. That meter gain tho... I guess it could just be Garuda, since his attacks hit so many times, but damn he was getting 3 bars within a few seconds.
#10  April 01, 2017, 05:38:42 pm
    • Peru
I think the demo was tuned up to get that absurd meter gain in order to make the fights more ridiculous
#11  April 01, 2017, 05:46:49 pm
I'm not sure this is real or not
I mean... They played it live on a stream for an hour an a half or so. It has all the mechanics and physics of a fighting game, with pretty backgrounds and effects. It is something that runs. They're gauging interest to see if they'll finish it and release it, but this is a thing that exists.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.

DW

#12  April 01, 2017, 05:54:00 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
I think the demo was tuned up to get that absurd meter gain in order to make the fights more ridiculous

Ah ok.

I mean... They played it live on a stream for an hour an a half or so. It has all the mechanics and physics of a fighting game, with pretty backgrounds and effects. It is something that runs. They're gauging interest to see if they'll finish it and release it, but this is a thing that exists.

Can't argue with that. I suppose I should rephrase: This tech demo is real, I won't get too excited that this actually becomes a full fledged game released on consoles and all. Does Arika have anything to do with this? Or is it purely fan made. If the former, I'd actually get excited.
#13  April 01, 2017, 06:14:09 pm
The video was posted by Arika, Arika's (vice) boss posted the details and answered questions on Twitter, the event was hosted by Arika, the video has Arika's name in its title, what makes you doubt that this has something to do with Arika ? I suppose you missed when it started : http://mugenguild.com/forum/msg.2340347 and following.
Last Edit: April 01, 2017, 06:18:26 pm by Byakko
#14  April 01, 2017, 06:23:48 pm
  • Sr. Black Person
  • Mess with the chuchu you get the pewpew
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world
i re-streamed most of the stream so I'll archive what I have so you guys can see that. Warranted its just from the niconico stream
Want to feel useful for a useless show? click here
119/150 Chars, I'm not dead yet....the true surprise is in my thread.
Hahahah fuck you photobucket.

DW

#15  April 01, 2017, 07:38:23 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
A simple "Yes they do" would have sufficed bruh. No, I haven't been following anything. Also I never doubted anything, was just asking as I'm ignorant to any of this. My 1st time ever seeing it. Thanks all the same though.
#16  April 01, 2017, 08:03:04 pm
Regardless Arika should've done this sooner with all their characters from ex.... huoht
#17  April 01, 2017, 08:39:54 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
They planned to do it sooner on the 3DS but I guess there wasn't enough interest (and for good reason: 3DS controls).
#18  April 01, 2017, 11:19:35 pm
  • Mingnon Wins yay!
    • USA
    • www.webs.com/videoman190
As for the platform it's a safe bet that it will come to PS4  and or PC.  Nice to see Arika is back after their last fighting game.
#19  April 02, 2017, 12:20:25 am
  • Raging Fist
Good lord. To hell with SFV, Bring me STREET FIGHTER EX4! Look at the gameplay to this...It's god damn amazing!!
Put that for steam port and you got yourself a deal!
#20  April 02, 2017, 03:29:47 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
So yep, the thing is real already. I'll keep my eyes on this for sure.