YesNoOk

Xenoblade Metal Face by Mumk.rar (Read 13868 times)

Started by BaganSmashBros, January 23, 2016, 04:12:30 am
Share this topic:
Xenoblade Metal Face by Mumk.rar
#1  January 23, 2016, 04:12:30 am
  • Engage me____ mother f_____
  • Killing parents since 1986
Warning: can generate a lof of graphical effects very quickly and his sprites alone are over 200mb in size. Will lag MUGEN if you have a "toaster".
Video: https://vid.me/e/wRze
Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/wcj8shvoriu460h/BlackFace.rar?dl=0

Now thats something i didn't expect to see. At least not like this (he has normal sprites in Project X Zone 2) and not before someone else from Xenoblade. Not sure why author didn't upload this video on youtube or at least dailymotion, but at least this link works. Anyway, there is no readme in the archive, so, go here: http://www.infinitymugenteam.com/Forum_345/index.php?topic=45061.0
I don't think he uses any speciffic gameplay style. Not glitchless (for example, AI can use Xord AND a lv1 Hyper despite having only 1 power bar, Custom Grand Shot's laser appears few frames after hitboxes hit opponent and if stage zooms out, you can see that Jade Face is just out of view until certain point), but stable enough and definitely something you'd like to have if you like characters with good AI. Just wish he was compatible with both MUGEN 1.0 and 1.1 (right now, his sprites don't load in 1.0).
Re: Xenoblade Metal Face by Mumk.rar
#2  January 23, 2016, 04:33:59 am
  • Super Mario Fighters 3 resurrected.
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
Lol, that one hazard in Smash 4. 1.1 unfortunately... We didn't even get a Shulk yet, this is hilarious.
#3  January 23, 2016, 04:46:22 am
    • Russia
    • jokermadness@mail.ru
Ридли, привет!
#4  January 23, 2016, 05:15:53 am
  • ★ Graphical Enthusiast ★
    • Japan
This is actually really well made...sprites are nice and animations are smooth. Fixed up the Hyper BG's for 16:9 Mugens. I think ima use this for a Secret Boss. Fits my Mugen perfectly.

lui

#5  January 23, 2016, 05:16:30 am
    • USA
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

anywho this is a really great surprise, i also loved the lighting that you rendered onto his 3d model, trying this out now
#6  January 23, 2016, 12:09:37 pm
    • Brazil
    • https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100074220240917
awesome char... crazy
#7  January 26, 2016, 06:00:40 am
  • Why do the avatars have to be so damn small :c
    • USA
    • brawlyoshi@gmail.com
- Needs a damage dampener. I can do 487 damage just by mashing buttons and there are combos that can do over 75%. I swear there are also touch of death combos.
- Normals do chip damage.
- There is a big red hitbox in front of him during his idle and walk forward stance for no reason at all.
- Summoning the two helpers with HK and HP lag up the screen.

Are you sure you didn't make this? It has your finger prints all over it: enormous, 3D rendered SFF, one combo that can wipe out an entire health bar, AI that can only beaten with a low projectile exploit, SvK Hyper backgrounds and the fact that it's a nintendo character.
New #8  January 26, 2016, 04:09:38 pm
  • Engage me____ mother f_____
  • Killing parents since 1986
- There is a big red hitbox in front of him during his idle and walk forward stance for no reason at all.
After looking at the code, its because throws don't have their own animations. They just use whatever animation was used before attemping to throw and go back to previous state.
Are you sure you didn't make this? It has your finger prints all over it: enormous, 3D rendered SFF, one combo that can wipe out an entire health bar, AI that can only beaten with a low projectile exploit, SvK Hyper backgrounds and the fact that it's a nintendo character.
I've been told about damage dampener before with Ridley. Why would i forget to add it when its so easy to add? 3D character aren't something only i made (Varia31, Odb718, The 100 Mega Shock, S.Nara if you want to count that, whoever made n64 Mario and Link, etc) and i used SvK hyper backgrounds only once. Metal Face is 10x bigger than a human, so, he should be emornous. As for being a Nintendo character, there are thousands of them (mostly horrible pokemon characters). But im not going to lie that i wasn't anyhow involved in making this guy - animations were made by me. But i didn't know they would be used for this.

Few things i found:
-Some hitsparks are too big (which is distracting when attacks like Dead Way, Eagle Slice or Dead Way are used)
-If Ether Bullet special's explosion somehow hits opponent, they glow orange, but they are shocked if it hits directly.
-Jade Face's "Locking on to target!" is far louder than "Fire!".
-If Murder Screw is used in the air after it was used on the ground, last hit won't connect. And on the ground, it goes through opponent too far (which causes it to miss on last hit) if used too close and there is no wall behind opponent.
-Some of blue effects his jet engine produce are mistimed or posed improperly.
-Dead Way makes opponent glow orange when it hits, but since there are no fire effects and Dead Way did not cause any kind of status debuffs like Blaze, this is most likely unintentional.
-Last Resort continues even if opponent is dead or hit by someone else. If opponent is dead (hyper itself can't kill until last hit, so, it can happen only if its used after opponent is dead), Dead Way projectile and laser won't hit.
-Sprites for Custom Grand Shot and Last Resort are assigned to different palette.
-Stars above his head when stunned are improperly timed.
-Ether Bullet special misses if used too close.
-Ether Bullet hyper starts shooting projectiles on same frame when super pause ends.
-AI uses Murder Screw>strong crouching punch after Dead Way even if opponent isn't in range, dead or guarding.

Not really going to mention balancing issues because this is supposed to be a boss character. But if there is one big problem, then its Silver Face. Thankfully, AI doesn't uses it, but it heals 25% of his health and can be used even when getting hit (at the cost of extra 500 power, but its not hard to gain it with Metal Face). And since Metal Face is pretty fast and can hit hard, he can easily win the match. And this is more of a nitpick, but Faces' sizes are incorrect when compared to MF. In XC, Xord is barely above his knees, Jade Face reaches only MF's waist and Silver Face is just above his hips. But that wouldn't look right in MUGEN.
Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 04:26:39 pm by BaganSmashBros