#41  April 10, 2014, 06:33:55 pm
  • Legend now but still learning
    • USA
    • http://cvsnb.deviantart.com/
Re: Ryu, our template, our GOD
#42  April 10, 2014, 06:38:12 pm
  • ^First attempt ain't so bad......
    • buckus.mugen-infantry.net/
Sounds good. Like I posted earlier, I actually prefer the CvS stance. If it's not used, that's ok. It was fun franking it together and someone will use it somewhere

Abstract just updated the hair.

EDIT: Ninja'd
#43  April 10, 2014, 08:05:03 pm
How can I add a sprite using the SFFv2 format? I'm used to SFFv1.

By the way,
by Shao_Kun
I'm changing the palette of this one.
Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 08:16:54 pm by Alex Sinigaglia
#44  April 10, 2014, 08:05:48 pm

My last update. Made the torso 2 pixels taller. The good spriters can handle it from here.
#45  April 10, 2014, 08:10:38 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
How can I add a sprite using the SFFv2 format? I'm used to SFFv1.

By the way,
by Shao_Kun

It shouldn't be any different? Just open the sff with Fighter Factory and add your png or pcx file that has the proper palette indexed.

Oh @ the HP. Ryu actually has his own unique HP in CVS2. Since that one looks flashier and more violent/extroverted I think that HP should be given to Ken. Thoughts?

Thanks Buckus!
#46  April 10, 2014, 08:20:23 pm
This looks really great there. I like the CVS stance aswell but, it is over-used.

@Balthazar: You should post those SFA custom sprites you made back in the days if I remember correctly. Someone can convert them to CVS I guess as they were excellent.
#47  April 10, 2014, 08:41:44 pm
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
That Strong Punch IS from CvS Ken :P Only a headswap was done to make it Ryu.

Sure I can post those SFA Ryu edits I did, who knows of what use they can be.

Shoryuken traced from SF EX.

Shin Shoryuken based off SF3.

Focus Attack, the first few frames are traced from SF4, the actual punch is from SNK Ryo, I don't really like that.
The punch itself should also be traced from SF4.

TORNAAADEH based off Sean SF3.

SF EX Tatsumaki, but I already converted that to CvS :P

Horse Kick from SF3, but it's already converted to CvS as well as you know.

That's about it.
Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 09:14:37 pm by Balthazar
#48  April 10, 2014, 08:45:16 pm
Oh @ the HP. Ryu actually has his own unique HP in CVS2. Since that one looks flashier and more violent/extroverted I think that HP should be given to Ken. Thoughts?
He had a similair punch in SF3, that's why I proposed it. I'm going to finish the palette change (it is full of different colours), then whoever wants it is free to use it.
#49  April 10, 2014, 08:50:44 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
That Strong Punch IS from CvS Ken :P Only a headswap was done to make it Ryu.
Oh! Believe it or not I wasn't the most avid CVS2 player. I was when it 1st came out back in, what? 2001? But my main friend that I play fighters with never wants to play it :( We play SFA3, SF3, and SF4 the most.
I thought Ken's HP in CVS2 was the same as his MP. Bad memory
And right now my PS2 and PS3 are still at my old house. I only go there on workdays so I don't have a lot of ways to check stuff real fast. (currently staying in 1 bedroom with wife's sister while trying to find a home around here)

He had a similair punch in SF3, that's why I proposed it. I'm going to finish the palette change (it is full of different colours), then whoever wants it is free to use it.
Yep! He and Ken both had that as their HP in SF3! It's fine to convert it anyway. I intend to put all these sprites in the sff somewhere even if they are not used in game. Kind of a fully loaded SFF sprite pack.
#50  April 10, 2014, 09:11:28 pm
I managed to convert them and to insert them in the .sff without problems. In case I want to update the .sff (I mean the link in the dropbox has the .sff and I want to add sprites, I added them and I want to share it with the others), how could we do? Or must there be only a person that updates the .sff with the new sprites?

The gif:

(timings taken from JMM's Ken)
#51  April 10, 2014, 09:38:27 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
I think I have to give you access to my Dropbox by adding you through email. I don't know if there is a way to allow everyone to update it. So PM me the email you wish for me to use and I'll give you access. This goes for anybody in this thread. We just need to back up the files off the Dropbox every once in a while in case of vandalism.
#52  April 10, 2014, 11:38:11 pm
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
Awesome sprites by awesome Balthazar are awesome

I'll try to convert these into CvS, aswell some of the bunch you draw time ago.

NOW, people, here's a suggestion, if you don't mind:

I can trace these with flat colour filling the body/gi/etc, and as they are, introduce them in the sff, for testing CLSN, hitbox, etc, and then, once finished, we can replace them in the sff, what do you think? it's another way to see if they fit well, animation wise and such.
I swear there was something cool here!!
#53  April 10, 2014, 11:51:53 pm
    • Netherlands
I'm all for it! That's something I would like to see actually, outline animations in Mugen :)
#54  April 11, 2014, 05:48:35 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
That'd be great Felo!

@MelvanaInChains:     Would you mind starting the AIR file? Download my sff and start changing the group numbers from Lost Avenger's Ryu to the ones in the sff? I'll work on any CLSN corrections. If you wish to be able to upload it to the dropbox PM me with your email.

Lost Avenger's Ryu
 http://trinitymugen.net/Hosted/CFJ2/
#55  April 11, 2014, 02:00:00 pm
I have to inform you guys three hours ago I updated the .sff with the SF3 punch. Group 222.
#56  April 11, 2014, 04:55:32 pm

NOW, people, here's a suggestion, if you don't mind:

I can trace these with flat colour filling the body/gi/etc, and as they are, introduce them in the sff, for testing CLSN, hitbox, etc, and then, once finished, we can replace them in the sff, what do you think? it's another way to see if they fit well, animation wise and such.

I actually planned on doing that in my project with Abel and Rufus, so I can help with that.
#57  April 11, 2014, 08:01:36 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
I just updated the sff and added an incomplete air
#58  April 12, 2014, 09:57:41 am
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
Well...first sketchy thing is done. I have an old sheet of Ryu that Balthazar did long long ago. This kick is inspired in one of those he uses against Fei Long in the SF2M(EEEEEEPIC!!). Unfortunately, I'm terrible at animating stuff:

The separated sprites:

The bases are Ryu himself, AoF3Robert García and Ken.

Now:
- SF3 Shin ShoryuKen appears in that sheet, so it doesn't needs to be converted.
- SF-EX Tatsumaki is also converted there.
- SF3 Sean's kick...I think he doesn't really needs it, since he got his own tatsumaki, the SFEX version AND the one from the movie(to do), so...tell me if you really want another tatsumaki.

Have a nice day!!

I swear there was something cool here!!
#59  April 12, 2014, 02:39:40 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
I guess we should focus on the um focus attack and the get up hurricane kick. Check the brainstorming sticky to see what we need to consider after that sprite wise.
#60  April 12, 2014, 05:48:14 pm
    • Netherlands
Alright to honest, I don't really feel like doing the complete sprites, since I think my strenght lies in linework anyway,
I'm willing to trace the required sprites and post them here, for someone else to finish shading them. Sounds alright?
Here's a sample of what I'd be delivering;