YesNoOk

Ryu Build 1 (SF1) (Read 72346 times)

Started by JustNoPoint, August 27, 2015, 03:44:35 pm
Ryu Build 1 (SF1)
#1  August 27, 2015, 03:44:35 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
So the way this game will be built is becoming more streamlined and will be in increments. This should make it simpler for users that want to hop aboard to help out. Help me baby step my way back into coding. And should create 1st build content faster.

The theme of the 1st build of a character will be Street Fighter 1.
This build will play more like SF2. The movement, CLSN, and most universal mechanics will still come from CVS2. But the build for the character will be based or inspired by SF2:WW.
This means there will be only 3 special attacks per character in this mode. No supers. Command basics count as a special attack.
The throw system will be done by using M/H P/K and will be instantaneous 1 tick.
Possibly going to use SF2's juggle system if I can make heads or tails of how @Felineki: coded his juggle system.

Any suggestions are welcome.

I'm sure you don't need to be told this but Ryu's special attacks are
Hadoken
Shoryuken
Tatsumaki

current sff
current air

Spoiler: 1st original post useless stuff (click to see content)
Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 06:19:59 am by Just No Point
Re: Ryu Build 1 (SF1)
#2  August 27, 2015, 04:03:28 pm
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Sounds like a plan. Maybe post a list of what has been CSed up till now is a good idea.
This is a generic forum signature.
#3  August 27, 2015, 04:08:02 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
I just started so I just finished the stance and stand turn animation. I'm working on the walk cycles now. Then I'll do crouching. Jumps, and start basic attacks. Get to work on the boring get hit animations Black Hatter :P
#4  August 27, 2015, 04:28:13 pm
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
I just started so I just finished the stance and stand turn animation. I'm working on the walk cycles now. Then I'll do crouching. Jumps, and start basic attacks. Get to work on the boring get hit animations Black Hatter :P

LOL, I wish I could help, but I have my own color separation problems. I can't get a palette template to work the way I want it to, so pretty much.... you get where I'm going with this.

EDIT: OK, as of this post, I'll be doing the following for Ryu:

-Get hits.
-Dashing/Rolling frames.
-Various pose frames (Intro, Time Over, CKO, taunts)
This is a generic forum signature.
Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 04:53:30 pm by Black Hatter
#5  August 27, 2015, 05:06:36 pm
Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 05:09:42 pm by Alex Sinigaglia
#6  August 27, 2015, 05:10:41 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Yep. Eyes and hair are new separation. Thanks Alex!
#7  August 27, 2015, 05:11:43 pm
I may do some specials now. :)
#8  August 27, 2015, 05:15:48 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Yes they are indexed correctly. The hair is a slightly different black if that's what you're asking about.
I'm using PS so it makes the palette upside down. I have to reverse it when I put them in Fighter Factory.

Also realized POTS had SFA stance. So SF1 and SFA builds will have this stance :)
#9  August 27, 2015, 05:18:03 pm
Sorry about that.
#10  August 27, 2015, 05:18:38 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Why apologizing?
#11  August 27, 2015, 05:22:14 pm
Because you have to waste time on something I should do in the first place but I can't do with my tools. I know it's very little, but... ok, let's forget about that, I'll continue with the separation.
#12  August 27, 2015, 05:25:54 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Don't worry about it. For your sprites all I have to do is not check "reverse palette" if your palette is not how mine are. FF makes it simple.
#13  August 27, 2015, 06:27:04 pm
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#14  August 27, 2015, 06:35:16 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Is he using the same sff? POTS? I see he even didn't separate the lighting on the glove. Like Varo Hades. Not that it's a big deal it just seems odd that it's again being left out.
#15  August 27, 2015, 07:22:11 pm
  • Hola
    • Chile
    • yiazmatomegavictorys.wix.com/mugenvictorys
I used the same color separated sprites as varo_hades, which is why that pixel from the gloves is also missing. The only difference between his separation and the one that I'm using is that I added an extra color for eye separation (just like you are doing it). I also color separated a few more animations that weren't present in the original SFF.

I can send you the SFF of both of my Ryus (normal and evil) if you want to check them out (I said both because they aren't exactly the same).

Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 07:34:12 pm by Víctorys
#16  August 27, 2015, 07:39:17 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Ah. Are you aware POTS misses sprites and has improper axis?

And sure. Your work might save us time. We can all work together to make this more accurate. I hate missing sprites! Plus we have a lot of edits that can be added in too.

I also color separated a few more animations that weren't present in the original SFF.
I missed the answer to my question right here lol
#17  August 27, 2015, 07:41:55 pm
So, do we wait before continuing?
#18  August 27, 2015, 08:31:30 pm
  • Hola
    • Chile
http://www.mediafire.com/download/zva9wa16x1i8ewm/TunaRice.rar
They're SSF2 files and they share the same CS palette that I included there. I'm sure that some frames from his CVS sprites may still be missing but you can use whatever you want from there. Ignore the sprites from his FX by the way.

Also, I can color separate from scratch any Ryu sprite that would need it, you can just send them to me if you want to.

#19  August 27, 2015, 08:33:35 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
#20  August 27, 2015, 09:33:35 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Just looking through this you have much more finished and it appears that you have the missing frame I'd found in the stance. PLUS your axis is correct!

This is is perfect! It's missing some sprites from POTS's/VaroHades pack like I noticed you don't have the SFA stance animation. Do you want me to do the color separations for stuff like that?

Or are you wanting to CS anything I may need? I mean it won't be hard to make the small tweaks needed for just the eyes here :P So it's up to you.

Otherwise with your permission I'll begin building SF1 Ryu using this sff. May have to rearrange some things to fit what I'd done already with the old air, cns, etc but it's still MUCH faster than how I was going to do it!

You're awesome @Víctorys:
#21  August 27, 2015, 09:48:38 pm
  • Hola
    • Chile
You can send me all the missing sprites that need color separation and the ones that are already color separated but need that eye separation. Then all you would have to do is just the eyebrow separation (since you are separating that too, I didn't separate that since it wasn't necessary for my needs).

And the axis of his Standing MP was a bit off (I just noticed it and fixed it) and maybe some other sprites too, but I'm sure that you can fix that by yourself.

Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 09:52:10 pm by Víctorys
#22  August 27, 2015, 10:07:17 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Well I was just tweaking the hair because I was already tweaking the eye really :P
The eyebrow CS isn't that big of a deal.
And I'll double check all the axis with my old sff to be sure they're correct as I update everything.

Thanks a lot!
I had commissioned Judas long ago to make some new animations for Ryu. I guess I'll have to take the hit and commission someone else to make them.

It was the Dragon Punch Ultra ender. I'd also asked for E.Ryu's focus but it looks like that's already in the sff here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbZuBPnXh7U&feature=player_detailpage#t=15
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAzYNXXQQUQ#t=816

Some conversation from Judas

Taking a break from the Joe stance to get this (mostly) done. The posing before the punch is obviously placeholder, but I'll have more time to work on this thursday/friday when my work weekend arrives. The Evil Ryu ultra ender should be easy enough to do using Akuma's Misogi and Kongou Kokuretsu Zan as guides for the aerial movement and arm placement respectively. Evil focus will be saved for last.

The regular focus will be touched up (and possibly given some more frames for the sake of fluidity) as I go.
#23  August 27, 2015, 10:35:17 pm
  • Hola
    • Chile
Well, Ryu's Misogi sprites that I used for my Evil Ryu are already there (they were edited by VioFitz) but I don't know if someone edited Akuma's Kongou Kokuretsu Zan sprites for Ryu. I believe Infinite's edit of PotS Ryu has that attack with some new edited sprites though I would have to check.

The Focus Attack sprites from that animation are a bit different than the ones that I included (which were edited by Felo)

So I may color separate Judas animation too and send the sprites to you. We can use the same startup frames that Felo made since they're missing here.

#24  August 27, 2015, 10:48:47 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
The ender is very similar but uniquely different.

Mostly where the arm extends at the peak to make the ball of energy and then the fist slam onto the face itself.

Also I need to commission for this to get finished. It's been taunting us for way too long!

Here are some more stuff that you can CS if you like.

http://network.mugenguild.com/justnopoint/MFG%20SF/ryu/Some%20stuff.rar
#25  August 27, 2015, 10:55:25 pm
We can use the same startup frames that Felo made since they're missing here.

They're missing on purpose, those were badly animated and Judas was going to make them from scratch.
That reminds me it has been a while since Judas posted here. Is that the last PM, JNP?
#26  August 27, 2015, 10:57:40 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
It's not but the rest isn't really on topic. Just what ifs and some other stuff. That's not even the full PM I just put the relevant parts.

I've tried to contact him here, on dA, and by email. No response. And I'd given him the $20 already too :(
#27  August 27, 2015, 11:02:06 pm
I see he fixed the last frames (where he punches) although not totally (the pants should be edited a little bit more especially in their end, or is it just a nitpick of mine?).
He seems to be more active in tumblr, so try contacting him there.
#28  August 27, 2015, 11:05:51 pm
  • Hola
    • Chile
Okay, I'll probably get into those next week.

By the way, may I ask for what attack is this animation going to be? A new basic? It caught my attention.

#29  August 27, 2015, 11:09:20 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
I don't actually know if it'll be used or not. Probably will in one of the builds. But Felo made it and Balthazar tweaked it to perfection so it'll be in the sff. The sff will hopefully be a collection of CVS edits too. So if you find some not here throw them our way!
#30  August 28, 2015, 12:22:45 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - TatariZane2009
Just a question: Since you're building SF1 Ryu, is his special attacks still going to be hard to pull off (assuming you're basing this off of Ryu in Street Fighter/Fighting Street), or just make them easy to pull off?

Also, I guess I could ask someone (*cough*Chamat*cough*) to finish this animation here:

I'm curious if this is gonna be used as one of his wake-up attacks though (which is cool, but I kinda prefer the sweep wake-up he uses in Sm4sh).

Speaking of Sm4sh, this gonna be used as a dash attack?
#31  August 28, 2015, 01:12:29 pm
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
I'm doing that animation, but still not happy with the result. Also, I'm more centered in the full sheet comission(a SFer)than else.
I swear there was something cool here!!
#32  August 28, 2015, 06:18:11 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Just a question: Since you're building SF1 Ryu, is his special attacks still going to be hard to pull off (assuming you're basing this off of Ryu in Street Fighter/Fighting Street), or just make them easy to pull off?
They won't be hard to pull off. This isn't a remake of SF1. It's more of a reimagining. Most data for Ryu will come from CVS2. This will basically just be the most bare bones version of the character. Most mechanics not from CvS2 will be SF2 WW inspired.

Also, I guess I could ask someone (*cough*Chamat*cough*) to finish this animation here:

I'm curious if this is gonna be used as one of his wake-up attacks though (which is cool, but I kinda prefer the sweep wake-up he uses in Sm4sh).

Speaking of Sm4sh, this gonna be used as a dash attack?

I've never played Smash on WiiU so I didn't even know he had new stuff. Kinda curious what all he had new in the game now.
The get up anim is taken directly from Sf2 the animated movie.

And the kick was going to just be a new jump kick to differentiate his jumping MK and HK visually.

I got called into work today so I may not get a lot done till Tuesday. That's the 1st day of my "weekend"
#33  August 29, 2015, 02:23:53 am
  • Hola
    • Chile

#34  August 31, 2015, 02:00:53 am
Okay, I'll probably get into those next week.

By the way, may I ask for what attack is this animation going to be? A new basic? It caught my attention.

What JnP said, plus I'd like that to be like an opener. If not used for him, That would be a good thing for Ken too(it's just editing the head...and erasing the lace).
#35  August 31, 2015, 03:15:54 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
In most cases I actually will prefer new kicks for Ken. But I was going to use this with Ryu somehow because you took the time to make it :P
#36  September 01, 2015, 07:20:40 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
All right guys. The new sff is ready. Take a look.

Let's discuss the future of the group # template.
May need more extra groups for Standing animations, taunts, intros, things like that.
This is for SFF and AIR purposes.
Thoughts?

Spoiler: Basic Movements (click to see content)
Spoiler: Standing Basics (click to see content)
Spoiler: Command Basics (click to see content)
Spoiler: Crouching Basics (click to see content)
Spoiler: Jumping Basics (click to see content)
Spoiler: Specials, Mechanics (click to see content)

The template version of SF1 Ryu won't have as many extra groups to keep things simple for newer users.
There will be 2 "versions" of Ryu's files. The template version and the actual build for the game. Templates are the most bare bones needed to join into the project with.

Example. Here's what a SF1 template build would look like
Spoiler: Basic Movements (click to see content)
Spoiler: Standing Basics (click to see content)
Spoiler: Command Basics (click to see content)
Spoiler: Crouching Basics (click to see content)
Spoiler: Jumping Basics (click to see content)
Spoiler: Specials, Mechanics (click to see content)

EDIT: Updated the sff because it turns out it actually WAS missing the frame from Ryu's stance. I added it.

@Víctorys: While making his air file I'm finding more missing frames. I'll update you and everyone here when I complete the sff
Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 10:15:31 pm by Just No Point
#37  September 01, 2015, 10:26:57 pm
  • Hola
    • Chile
Yeah, I remember that some of his basics are missing frames (pretty much transition frames) such as his Sakotsu Wari command move and you'll probably find more.

By the way, the new frame from Ryu's stance got a wrong color shared with his hair (if you apply the CS palette you'll see it, just a few black pixels) so here's the fixed sprite
http://www.mediafire.com/download/ivvltjlh3khgyi4/RyuSprite.pcx

#38  September 01, 2015, 10:33:25 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Oh. I missed that you recolored those in your original CS colors. I left them black in mine. I'll need to tweak the others I've been adding in too. Thanks.
#39  September 01, 2015, 11:21:57 pm
  • Emotionally and Mentally Exhausted
  • Heheh, so that's the deal!
    • USA
    • nigelbkny@gmail.com
    • Skype - nega_ridley75
Question, Would this Ryu use the Super Smash Bros voice? because I ripped the sounds but some don't have the echo of the Final Smashes. I could lend a hand by adding these in if you want to.
#40  September 01, 2015, 11:48:12 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
He's already using SF4's voices. They were decided a while back that they sounded best and had the most words from various games.

Though you should still supply those voices. I bet there'd be a ton of people wanting to use them.
#41  September 01, 2015, 11:52:07 pm
  • Emotionally and Mentally Exhausted
  • Heheh, so that's the deal!
    • USA
    • nigelbkny@gmail.com
    • Skype - nega_ridley75
Noted. Thanks.
#42  September 02, 2015, 04:39:15 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
http://network.mugenguild.com/justnopoint/MFG%20SF/ryu/Missing.rar
@Víctorys: Here are a ton of missing sprites. I finished some of them. I may have missed some. The air file is being a real pain in the ass. Some of the jump sprites are off axis as well. Not sure what happened to the jumping neutral LK/MK. In the CS his toes decrease in size. I have the correct sprite here too.
#43  September 02, 2015, 05:13:11 am
  • Hola
    • Chile
Haven't you noticed that some of these are actually duplicates of other sprites? I mean, look at this one (c.LK) for example

=
(that's the first frame of his c.LK from the SFF)

I'm pretty sure there are more so tomorrow I'll keep checking these and color separate the sprites that are missing.

Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 05:21:18 am by Víctorys
#44  September 02, 2015, 05:19:51 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
I should have noted that if you saw any that had duplicates to not worry about them. I've been looking at the sff/air files for hours and switching back and forth between my old build and new build trying to see what's missing.
Some of the stuff started to blur together. I decided I needed a break. Thus my missing files rar was posted.

Sorry about the duplicates. That's less we'd have to separate. On that frame you showed the duplicate is early on. I guess since so many transition frames were missing I assumed that one was too >_<
#45  September 02, 2015, 05:26:24 am
  • Hola
    • Chile

Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 11:33:48 pm by Víctorys
#46  September 17, 2015, 06:06:39 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
I've been messing with other stuff and just now noticed you had uploaded this! I didn't see the edited post. I was getting ready to separate them myself :P

Thanks!
#47  October 07, 2015, 10:58:41 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
#48  October 08, 2015, 06:23:43 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
current sff
current air
Updated sff and air

Accurate CLSN data for 0-196 as applicable All standing basics CLSN near and far are accurate as applicable (no command basics yet)
Some timings need to be readjusted

Missing default dash back till it gets separated
#49  October 08, 2015, 05:14:33 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
current sff
current air
Updated sff and air again
Finished all basics. Only Collar Break command basic completed.

@Víctorys:
We're missing this frame in the cSP

And I fixed a sprite in the collar break. The single frame we had was missing the gloves on the hand for some reason. The fix is in my sff

Take a look at Ryu's current SFF guys

I'm thinking his SF1 basics will be
LP = 200
MP = 210
SP = 220
LK = 235
MK = 241
SK = 250

Jumping basics will be
LP = 600
MP = 615
SP = 620
LK = 635
MK = 645
SK = 655
Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 05:20:26 pm by Just No Point
#50  October 09, 2015, 01:17:37 pm
Awesome, JnP!!! Let me know if you need sprites to be fixed :)!

(Or whatever new stuff to be added to Ryu)
#51  October 09, 2015, 03:24:51 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Can you fix his Medium Kick?
Which ever would be easier for you. Here is the default pal and the CS pal. It's not needed in time for this build but Victorys is using it too so he'd probably like it sooner as well.

Here are his basics. Does anyone remember off hand if in SF2 WW the characters get different attacks in the air depending on jumping straight up or at an angle? Like Ryu's MP?
I need to look into it because I don't remember but as of this post I don't think they did. As such this basics list reflects that. If I find out otherwise I'll change some of the jump attacks up a bit.

Remember, this build will NOT have near attack variants.
Spoiler: all SF1 basics (click to see content)
Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 03:31:52 pm by Just No Point
#52  October 09, 2015, 03:30:30 pm
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
Keep it up guys
#53  October 09, 2015, 03:44:54 pm
  • Lazy spriter
  • Demon in heaven gotta carry a knife
    • Bolivia
    • network.mugenguild.com/thedge/
Yes, with Ryu it was jumping straight with kicks.
With LK and MK is gives you a straight up kick, while with HK it was the same animation as the Command move f+MK that he had in the SFA games.
That’s when I thought, “good grief”
Just ain’t my belief
Until I saw the holes
Inside his hand
#54  October 09, 2015, 03:50:23 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Think I should change his jLK to the straight up kick instead of the knee attack? Or should I replace his cross up MK and not have cross up attacks in this build?
I don't want to replicate the exact move list from each game because we have the pleasure of giving variety. Just general World Warrior guidleines for this build.
#55  October 09, 2015, 06:30:39 pm
Can you fix his Medium Kick?
Which ever would be easier for you. Here is the default pal and the CS pal. It's not needed in time for this build but Victorys is using it too so he'd probably like it sooner as well.

Sure. What's needed? I see the animation to be ok enough, I just can't see what's wrong. In any case, I'd be working with the CSed one, since that would be easier to introduce in the .sff.
#56  October 09, 2015, 06:33:33 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
You may need to slow it down. The frames after the 1st frame look really bad. Ryu looks quite bad himself. The actual animation is fine. Just needs to not make Ryu look so Derpy.
#57  October 09, 2015, 06:43:16 pm
- Slow it down as...adding 1-2 frames with just clothes movement?
- Derpy: I don't know that word, but after some googl-ing, I guess it has something to see with his face, so...a more serious one, doesn't it?
#58  October 09, 2015, 06:45:58 pm
    • Argentina
He doesn't look like Ryu, he looks like Ryu from SFIII. Copy and pasting the one from CvS should make him look better.

I like seeing my palette there ;D

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#59  October 09, 2015, 06:59:46 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Yes his face looks bad and he gets really thin. He doesn't look like appropriate cvs2 style

Edit: when I said slow it down I meant I thought maybe you couldn't tell it looked off while it was animating. That you need to look at each sprite better. You don't have to add new frames.
#60  October 14, 2015, 03:22:06 am
  • Hola
    • Chile
Hey there, sorry for the late response, I've been losing my Mugen motivation these days lol

I'll get those frames color separated by this thursday.

#61  October 14, 2015, 03:29:02 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
You're not obligated to do anything :)
I am totally capable of doing all this. So if I post sprites and you don't get to them before I need them I'll just do them myself.

Same for that Medium Kick felo
I'm confident I can fix it if you don't get to it by the time I need it. Which will be a good while for that anim.
#62  October 15, 2015, 08:40:21 pm
  • Hola
    • Chile

#63  October 16, 2015, 12:59:44 pm
I'll try to fix it this weekend, while I'm back home. I'm currently living in another city and could not take my pc alongside me, so I don't havr a lot of time to sprite
#64  October 16, 2015, 11:35:08 pm
Double post because Hell Yeah. Already fixed the sprites(I'm not going to animate it)...but I'm not happy with the result. Ryu's design is so simple that I always think I'm missing something. I'll post the sprites tomorrow morning(here), had to go to my grandma's house in a rush(she's old and is sick).
#65  October 17, 2015, 09:58:55 am
Luckily, it was just a fright ^^!!!

Aaaaaand, here the y are:

There's still a mistake in the second sprite: upper part of the legs are thin compared with what should be. I could have put a red line(of the trouser) near the lower gi and then a small yellow(of gi) in the area, for a better effect. I just saw that now D:

Most part of the work was widening the gi near the belt and fixing things there(not a lot, thought). About the face, Added a pixel of the DARKEST skin colour in the nose(for adding some deepness) and then played a bit with his jaw.

Have a nice day!
#66  October 17, 2015, 11:41:13 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
I'm not 100% sure from looking at it like this. I'll need to animate it with default colors, but on 1st glance he looks like his size still changes quite a bit from the 1st sprite (which is an actual CVS sprite) to the 2nd sprite (which is the 1st edited sprite)

I worked on more sff and air stuff yesterday but didn't upload anything yet. Net thing I upload should be a working versions of the build to test.
#67  October 17, 2015, 03:52:17 pm
It's actually an optical effect. That sprite has the same size of thr original, I just did the gi a bit wider, but now you mention it...I can't unsee it @_@
#68  October 20, 2015, 03:25:49 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
http://network.mugenguild.com/justnopoint/MFG%20SF/ryu/MissingRyuFrames-tatsu.rar

There are 5 sprites missing from the start of the Hurricane Kick for some reason. I'm posting them here in case anyone wants to try and CS them real quick.

I'm adding the final touches to Ryu so I'll be needing these very soon. I'll post again when I start CSing them myself. If anyone decides to CS them post 1st just in case. I'll check again right before I get started. I may get started later today or tomorrow depending on issues I run into everything else coding him up.
#69  October 20, 2015, 11:07:12 pm
How soon will you need it? I'll be back home  Friday evening and then I'll be able to sprite
#70  October 20, 2015, 11:11:38 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
If I get delayed I'll post on here and let you know. Friday is good timing because if I can't get it by Friday then I work sat-mon and won't be able to do so.

Most of today I was recoding Ryu's basics. Since it's been a while I elected to not just copy paste to get myself back in the coding groove I was in when I 1st made him.

I've been updating some coding as well thanks to knowledge I have gained from Mugen Class.
#71  October 20, 2015, 11:43:43 pm
    • Argentina
#72  October 21, 2015, 12:09:46 am
  • Hola
    • Chile
The first 4 of those sprites are the same used for the Senpu Kyaku Command Move so those weren't really missing though the last Tatsu frame was in fact missing.

Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 12:13:02 am by Víctorys
#73  October 21, 2015, 12:15:10 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
I looked at that move several times to be sure. So either I even missed it for that move too (I won't rule that out) or it wasn't in the SFF you'd initially sent.

I'll check the SFF again soon.

In any event thank you HadeS
Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 12:20:59 am by Just No Point
#74  October 21, 2015, 12:16:32 am
    • Argentina
Shhhhhhhhhhhh... Anyway... it was fun to play with those sprites. You're welcome :)
#75  October 21, 2015, 01:07:43 am
  • Hola
    • Chile
They're part of the Group 340 of the SFF that you posted earlier if you can't seem to find them :P

#76  October 21, 2015, 01:24:49 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
And there it is. I was actually thinking I must have deleted them somehow. Because I know I went back and checked this command basic. Maybe I looked at E Ryu's instead???

This is why I'm rebuilding the sff with several duplicates for different anims :P

Thanks again :)
#77  October 29, 2015, 07:46:11 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 08:00:30 pm by Just No Point
#78  October 29, 2015, 08:00:37 pm
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
not a big fan of the transition from the sprite to the new stance I think you should keep the cvs one
other than that it is looking good
#79  October 29, 2015, 08:02:59 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Don't forget that he'll get a different stance for different builds. This stance will only be for the SF1 and SFA builds. After I finish this build I'll probably move on to SF2 build just for simplicity in which he'll use his CVS stance.
#80  October 29, 2015, 08:05:00 pm
  • Prince of Latis
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Canada
    • Skype - Whiplash-1
#81  October 29, 2015, 08:08:38 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
WHat damage values are you going to use here? CVS2?

Yes

CVS2 is still the primary template. Everything else is just building upon or taking away from that base.

For ease of progression I'm not going for accuracy from any 1 particular game. If that makes sense.
#82  October 29, 2015, 08:17:54 pm
  • Summon me and maybe I can appear.
    • Skype - https://www.twitch.tv/varo_hades
    • varohades.wixsite.com/varohadesmugen
The hitspark in the hadouken is missing, and I suggest that use hitsparks of cvs hi-res like Kojiro used on his chars like Makoto.
Contact me if you want a color separation, or mugen stuff or if you wanna give a donation I appreciate.
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=MVVTGXPXYA9NN
My channel on youtube
https://www.youtube.com/user/claudiohades
With the links of my chars
My site with my chars and my color separations:
https://varohades.wixsite.com/varohadesmugen
Subscribe to my Twitch and nice chars will come:
https://www.twitch.tv/varo_hadesgameplays
#83  October 29, 2015, 08:27:56 pm
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
Don't forget that he'll get a different stance for different builds. This stance will only be for the SF1 and SFA builds. After I finish this build I'll probably move on to SF2 build just for simplicity in which he'll use his CVS stance.
Thats good I think his cvs stance does job pretty well
Really liking everything else so far
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#84  October 29, 2015, 08:32:03 pm
  • Prince of Latis
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Canada
    • Skype - Whiplash-1

CVS2 is still the primary template. Everything else is just building upon or taking away from that base.

For ease of progression I'm not going for accuracy from any 1 particular game. If that makes sense.

Yeah that makes sense.

Well remember, the base life in that game is 14400 (what Ryu has)  so I used a percent calculator to find out how much damage a character would be doing with a base life of 1000 instead.
#85  October 29, 2015, 09:03:26 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
The hitspark in the hadouken is missing, and I suggest that use hitsparks of cvs hi-res like Kojiro used on his chars like Makoto.
Ah. Good eye.

The dust and hitsparks are not part of the character. They're from the screenpack I've been putting together for the game.
There will be different screenpacks and hitsparks for different builds too. It just seemed natural for my 1st screenpack to use CVS sparks and effects. Anyway I just haven't added the special sparks to the screenpack yet.

Since I'm on my phone atm I won't continue with quotes
City Hunter
I doubt many will play in SF1 mode much anyway. Since the SF2 build will be based on SSF2T. And it's basically going to give the SF1 build more stuff.

The SF2 build will introduce the config file too. You'll be able to turn on and off the new SF2 features such as command basics, new specials, supers, dizzy "bar" and so forth.
I figure I'd make it so you can choose which stance you want and which group of basics. I won't go crazy and config every basic but if you wanted to go back to the SF1 basics you could do so. Each build will continue the trend in adding to the config.

Whiplash
Thanks for the info. I haven't even looked into the damage values for the game yet so that's good to know. My next goal is to figure out JZ and Van's corner push code. At 1st glance I'm not fully getting all the pieces so I'm going to start dissecting it so I can understand the how and why of it.

It's quite a jump from coding simple things like I did so far with Ryu here lol
Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 09:06:47 pm by Just No Point
#86  October 29, 2015, 09:05:33 pm
    • Argentina
It's good... but... I don't like the small portrait at all :P I think you're using marancv's small portrait, right? So... I decided to edit the one PotS made and make it look more like the other one and well. I hope you like it :)

Previews: *Updated
Download here
Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 09:14:57 pm by HadeS
#87  October 29, 2015, 10:08:34 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
The large and small portrait are still place holders but I will totally use this one for the universal Mugen release. :)
#88  October 29, 2015, 10:13:44 pm
    • Argentina
Yes, I figured. I'm glad you will! :D

Keep it up, guys :)
#89  November 18, 2015, 12:35:46 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Just to update there's a reason I've not been updating this weekly like I was. It's not for a lack of coding each week either.

There may be a small update or 2 here soon but for the most part you should find out what's been keeping me come sometime in January if all goes according to plan.