YesNoOk

Card Sagas Wars ( Lenneth VS Walküre ) (Read 508127 times)

Started by Abysswolf, February 04, 2009, 04:37:10 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Card Sagas Wars ( Lenneth VS Walküre )
#1181  September 20, 2011, 07:08:23 am
  • StormEX
  • | Content Creator | Gamer | Programmer |
    • USA
    • Twitch.tv/ZayOsirisGaming
#1182  September 22, 2011, 11:19:30 pm
I guess I'll try to take advantage of Abysswolf answering questions and ask if we'll get to see the alternate colors or crisis card attacks that we haven't seen for existing characters in a micro update of some kind in the future?

I don't mind showing anyones alternate colors in particular, I think I did that before. For the CC attacks well, at least I'd like to have some of them hidden until a playable version arrives... but who knows.

Revisions for Etna and Ivy (old-new):

Like always awesome display of art dude i i wish i could learn on how to do sprites.

And like some said i like the old etna better dude but still looks awesome :D
#1183  September 23, 2011, 05:14:00 am
Also; Beatrice (curious, what does she do in game?) from Umineko is a Green Card; are Visual Novels being accepted as video games?  Or is it limited to Visual Novels that have a real game to their name, like Umineko does with Ougon?

How are visual novels not "real" games?

Umineko's not the only adventure game represented, anyway.
#1184  September 23, 2011, 07:44:25 am

How are visual novels not "real" games?

Umineko's not the only adventure game represented, anyway.

I personally don't believe that visual novels aren't real games, but I hear my share of disputes over whether or not visual novels count as games since they lack gameplay.  So I wanted to confirm if visual novels are being treated as games or something separate.

Good to know that Umineko isn't the only VN series repped, though.  There are plenty of great visual novels out there that deserve it.
#1185  September 23, 2011, 09:56:10 am
There is gameplay, it's just not "KILL EVERYTHING WHEE" actio--yeah, I can see why some people think that.

Here's all the support characters from adventure games that have been shown so far, if you're interested:

Beatrice
-Appearance(s): Umineko no Naku Koro ni series
Assist:

Blount
-Appearance(s): Goblins 3
Assist: Speedixir

Guybrush Threepwood
-Appearance(s): Monkey Island series
Assist: Cannon Proof

Phoenix Wright & Franziska von Karma
-Appearance(s): Ace Attorney series
Assist: Objection!
#1186  September 23, 2011, 07:11:50 pm
    • cardgallery.tales-tra.com
I've gotta ask; how is balancing for this game working out?  Are you taking a Smash Bros style to balancing and just trying to make the game be fun, or are you trying to make it a legit fighter?  Also, are there any systems in place to prevent infinite combos?  I saw some arrow juggling that looked like it could just keep going during the video, and it concerned me a little.

Also, I know everyone asks questions about the characters, and it probably gets so annoying, but I'd like to know if Dante from Devil May Cry is going to make any appearance.  I don't want to spoil any surprises you have in store, so I don't want to know what he is in the game yet, be it Green Card, playable, or background character, I just want to know if one of my favorite vidya characters is in this at all since I haven't seen him anywhere. 

Also; Beatrice (curious, what does she do in game?) from Umineko is a Green Card; are Visual Novels being accepted as video games?  Or is it limited to Visual Novels that have a real game to their name, like Umineko does with Ougon?

I sincerely apologize for all the questions, and I fully realize you do not have to answer anything, but I am very curious about this project since it is shaping up to be one of the most gorgeous 2D fighters I've ever seen.  Guess you don't need fancy HD sprites to make a game look great, huh?  Keep up the good work, guys!  I look forward to whatever you show next!

I think balance is not really the same as true fightning games but also pretty different from smash bros, so something in the middle I guess.
And Beato is not a green card anymore.

Yeah, I kinda agree with Ivy's obscenely large breasts being more or less accurate. It may not be pretty, but well, that's the way they are unfortunately.

So you'd be fine with sharing colors? I'm pretty much interested in EVERYONE... How about Walküre? She's my favorite after all.

There, though it has an old version of the weapon

#1187  September 23, 2011, 07:37:12 pm
Awesome, you even got Rosa and Violet in there. I still haven't been able to get my hands on the game/digital comic/thing they're from. Thank you.
#1188  September 23, 2011, 08:56:47 pm
    • cardgallery.tales-tra.com
Actually these were Rosa and Violet :

But I dropped them because doing more than 6 alternative colors for all characters is a bit frustrating

#1189  September 23, 2011, 09:06:46 pm
Oh, I thought the light purple and red were likely to be them. I know the hair wasn't right for the purple and the red was also likely the red armor you could get in Legend, but it worked well enough for Rosa with the purple one right next to it. Shame the more proper colors didn't get in.
#1190  September 23, 2011, 10:52:19 pm
Hi, I was just browsing your site's 'blue cards' section, since I just found out about your game yesterday and was quite impressed, and I noticed #027 'Don Patch' is missing a 'T', #138 'Servbot' is missing a 'B', #371 'Dr. Wily' has an extra 'L' and #385 'Baby Commando' only has one 'M'. I'm not sure if you are already aware of this or just decided to leave it that way intentionally. I apologize if I'm bothering you with trivial details.
#1191  September 23, 2011, 11:07:55 pm
They can't do too much about it right now since their site's sorta inaccessible to them. s'why it doesn't have the current updates on it.
#1192  September 24, 2011, 04:27:35 pm
#1193  September 24, 2011, 05:47:28 pm
somebody knows the name of the song in the vid?
#1194  September 24, 2011, 06:49:39 pm
  • I changed it to match my WIP
    • USA
Spoiler: Works In Progress (click to see content)
#1195  September 25, 2011, 01:07:08 am
Speaking of, does anyone remember if anything was said about any original mixes being used? I'm sure a project like this could attract it if it was asked of that community.

Pal

#1196  September 25, 2011, 01:17:57 am
    • Argentina
Yeah, they were just gonna use music they saw fit, not caring about original music at all.
#1197  September 25, 2011, 01:21:31 am
Reasonable enough. I guess I got curious when I suddenly realized that I actually don't know of ANY battle-y remixes (official or otherwise) for Walküre.

It's pretty obvious I'm a bit one-track minded here.

Pal

#1198  September 25, 2011, 01:25:37 am
    • Argentina
#1199  September 25, 2011, 01:34:49 am
True enough. Looking back, Central Highway's music is subdued by comparison to the other themes used but certainly doesn't suffer for it.
#1200  September 25, 2011, 06:21:53 am
On the topic of remixes (if they need any) they couled probably partner up with a composer from OCRemix or a simmilar site. I remember sometime awhile back they where thinking about it.

EDIT: After these next two characters are done they will be a third of the way though the game! WHOOHOOOOOOO!
Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 06:28:25 am by dennisarell