YesNoOk

Anita Sarkeesian Variety hour! (Read 325770 times)

Started by Iced, March 09, 2013, 06:48:21 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Anita Sarkeesian Variety hour!
#1341  September 12, 2016, 05:17:58 am
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?
How so?
because you only care about DEM MOVES and not the characters

this is yet another reason why monster girls are superior.

do you like big girls or petite?
hairy or smooth?
tail or no tail?
two legs, eight or none?
same for eyes; two, six or just a big one
head on or off?
dead or alive?
or if you preffer best girl just go for slime!

all of the above? go for doppel!
#1342  September 12, 2016, 05:24:11 am
That variety...

Brb, checking the web for fan scriptures.
#1343  September 12, 2016, 05:27:43 am
  • Prince of Latis
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Canada
    • Skype - Whiplash-1
#1344  September 12, 2016, 06:16:05 am
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?
#1345  November 20, 2016, 11:13:23 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
 - no comment

#1346  November 21, 2016, 02:29:47 pm
if hillary won that message would've been so much different (but it would still say give money pls)
#1347  January 31, 2017, 06:07:05 pm
    • Germany
Sooo her next topic is about exotification.

This episode explores the ways in which sexist, racist stereotypes about Black women and tribal cultures that date back for centuries are often still perpetuated today in representations of women from indigenous and tribal cultures in video games. These representations link sexism and racism to exotify these women, depicting them as primitive, savage, and hypersexualized. We examine the historical roots of these racist and sexist myths in America and the damage they continue to cause, and demonstrate how these representations are acts of cultural appropriation. We then conclude by sharing some examples of games that challenge damaging stereotypes rather than reinforcing them by offering representations of people and cultures that are honest, respectful, and humanizing.
#1348  January 31, 2017, 11:06:52 pm
  • Sunglasses at night
    • USA
I'm sure glad this white woman is here to tell me how i'm supposed to feel about black people.
#1349  January 31, 2017, 11:35:55 pm
Have we hit a full bingo card yet ?
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#1350  February 01, 2017, 01:08:34 am
  • The Goddess Returns
I'm sure glad this white woman is here to tell me how i'm supposed to feel about black people.

Tell me about it.
How dare I as a black person outright tell them I don't really give a damn and can say the exact same thing about White Characters in games, or Chinese Characters in games or Japanese characters in games, etc, etc.

That shit isn't nothing new at all and if you have an eye for it, you pretty much see it all the time.
Hell by her standards, Overwatch is even more guilty of it due to the "Year of the Rooster" event. How dare Blizzard make D.Va and Mei look sexy in making them represent their home countries of Korea(not sure which Korea D.Va resides...think it's South Korea to be safe since she's a Starcraft Champion and they play it like mad over there) and China respectively.
http://www.youtube.com/user/busterbladex?feature=mhum

Finally got some vids on here.
Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#1351  February 04, 2017, 04:43:53 pm
#1352  February 04, 2017, 04:49:16 pm
    • Germany
#1353  February 04, 2017, 06:23:33 pm
  • Sunglasses at night
    • USA
Welcome to the internet guys. Lurk moar.

I've read and enjoyed worse fanfiction.(based on the preview anyway) Besides, at least this one has some level of plausibility. Isn't it always the ones who adamantly shout against things the most that they themselves tend to enjoy? Anita is a sex-negative feminist so this idea shouldn't surprise anyone.
#1354  February 04, 2017, 06:29:09 pm
    • USA
I mean, she does whine about how women have to put some *effort* into looking better for the society and about how women in videogames are pretty and all that... And then she wears so much makeup she puts the Joker to shame.
#1355  April 28, 2017, 04:26:06 am
  • The Absolute Worst
    • Canada
    • Skype - do.not.even.ask
    • randomselect.piiym.net/
#1356  April 28, 2017, 04:29:55 am
lol ashley graham is a sidekick
#1357  April 28, 2017, 01:55:41 pm
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
So, she's axing the series without coming anywhere close to completing it...

I bet that she never intended to finish the series and that this whole charade with the Kickstarter is just to get her foot in the door to other things more profitable and noteworthy than conning gullible idiots at Kickstarter.

Regardless, I'm throwing this project into the list of possible and/or confirmed scam projects on Kickstarter.
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#1358  April 28, 2017, 02:12:20 pm
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
I could be wrong, but I thought she got funding for 12 episodes, and she's currently sitting at 18 episodes, so I dunno where you're getting that she was nowhere close to her goal.
#1359  April 28, 2017, 03:12:51 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
she got funding for 12 themes she stretched those out in 18 episodes so far with more missing unless im missing something.

Fighting game fucktoy was one of them
New #1360  April 28, 2017, 07:51:04 pm
  • The Goddess Returns
I could be wrong, but I thought she got funding for 12 episodes, and she's currently sitting at 18 episodes, so I dunno where you're getting that she was nowhere close to her goal.

As iced mentioned, she missed Fighting Fuck Toy among other topics she promised.

But it's obvious she was not in this for the long haul and was tossing them out ASAP just to be done with them. Hell, I don't even remember this being on her Patreon for Tropes vs. Women at all...

And I am watching it from another Youtuber's opinions on it, but I don't get exactly HOW is Lady Sidekicks sexist when there are plenty of leading ladies after all. But I'll edit this once I get the gist of what she's saying.

EDIT: Finished watching the gist of her video and while she makes a point in how bad the companions ultimately are in games(due to laziness among lots of other features to simplify it for the sake of not having to manage two people at once), just like almost every single one of her other points, she pretty much defeats her own point by going into pointless diatribes that do not flesh out the actual problem one bit(Elizabeth? Sexual Slot Machine? ...What? Being able to encourage and thank the Female Companions and tries to pretend Male Companions do get thanked...when they don't either?)

I mean seriously, her points never make sense and still never does because everytime she makes a point, she instantly wrecks it with nonsensical sexism BS that is never sexist and just causes people to dismiss the point.
Of course it's not the end of Feminist Frequency(even though her relevance with everyone but those in connection with her has pretty much waned into near non-existence), but thank god it's the end of this terrible series.
http://www.youtube.com/user/busterbladex?feature=mhum

Finally got some vids on here.
Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 08:16:03 pm by Xhominid