YesNoOk

Can I assign a gamepad button to a command like QCFxPP or A+Y? (Read 12867 times)

Started by totaln00b, April 29, 2018, 11:47:20 pm
Share this topic:
Can I assign a gamepad button to a command like QCFxPP or A+Y?
#1  April 29, 2018, 11:47:20 pm
  • Some Party
    • USA
I'm using an Xbox One Controller on Mugen 1.0 and I wanna assign supers to the trigger buttons. Is this possible? Is there like a program out there?

Thanks guys  :nuttrox:
Re: Can I assign a gamepad button to a command like QCFxPP or A+Y?
#2  April 30, 2018, 08:13:10 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
You can probably use something like Xpadder to map the keyboard to your controller. You'd assign the bumper to be all 3 punches or all 3 kicks.
But the motion, no; You'd still have to do the command.
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
Re: Can I assign a gamepad button to a command like QCFxPP or A+Y?
#3  April 30, 2018, 08:39:15 am
    • USA
There are controllers that do stuff like this.  I actually own several Storm Chaser 2s that I have setup to that I have PPP, KKK, C+Z and A+X on single buttons.  The problem with doing motions is that the minute you're facing the wrong direction, your button is useless.  I recall one of the gimmicks that did this had a feature where it would change depending on which direction you pushed last, but that's pretty dumb unless the motion is something you can barely do on your own.

Since we're talking about Mugen, there is one really bad solution that would work.  Using your gimmick of choice (joy2key, xpadder, programmable controller, etc), set your button to a combination you're really unlikely to push, like X+C+Start and edit your character's super to have that as a valid command.  Absurd and really time consuming, but it would work.