YesNoOk

CvSE Sprite Project (Tifa, Asura) (Read 338527 times)

Started by hatter, February 28, 2016, 04:46:44 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Capcom vs. Square Enix Sprite Project Thread (Current: Asura, Tifa Lockhart)
#201  April 25, 2017, 02:37:53 am
  • T.G. "Thunder God" Xenomic
    • USA
    • Skype - shinxenomic@hotmail.com
    • http://network.mugenguild.com/xenomic/
The right leg looks a lot better. The left leg may need a little more done still, now it's the back of that leg that's having the issue. It still feels "spaghettified" just from the way it curves. That might be me though, I'm no expert on how sprites handle that kind of stance so it might be fine. An actual spriter might be able to see if there's anything else wrong. But right leg is perfectly fine now!
Re: Capcom vs. Square Enix Sprite Project Thread (Current: Asura, Tifa Lockhart)
#202  April 25, 2017, 02:44:05 am
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Alright, lets give it one more go:

Better? In either case, I'll continue it tomorrow if there is anything else wrong with it.
This is a generic forum signature.
#203  April 25, 2017, 03:00:10 am
    • USA
That looks better! Feels more natural. Good work! ^^
#204  April 25, 2017, 04:17:20 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
Alright, lets give it one more go:

Better? In either case, I'll continue it tomorrow if there is anything else wrong with it.

Yes!
Very good stance!

Everything seems perfect. The problems I see are in her left leg:
-The calve area shading is strange, same for her thigh area shading.
-base of thigh area (linked to hip) is very straight. I would put a more round line.

This is only my observation.
If this is not clear, I might give it a try later, by editing it.
#205  April 25, 2017, 04:23:34 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Thanks Ned, I'll rework those parts before I animate it. Shading in my opinion is fine, but I'll look into it again anyways.
#206  April 25, 2017, 04:31:14 pm
  • Robotics Engineer
    • USA
    • altoiddealer@gmail.com
Chiming in to say I think the leg shading looks good as well.  Nice man, keep up the good work!

#207  April 25, 2017, 10:17:30 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
So, this is my try. Even if I'm not completly satisfied.
I edited some details in legs (shape and shading)
Upper body is almost unchanged (I still changed belly area to darker color and minor shading details on bust.)

Yes, transparency is gone

I could post an animated gif if needed.

I precise I have not sprited in SFA for something like 10 years now :)
#208  April 25, 2017, 10:26:54 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com

Doesn't feel much different to me (I'm talking about the shading), but here. Edited some other parts too.

I'm going to try and get on with the animation now. Leg feels more natural (ty Karin).
Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 10:32:30 pm by Hatter
#209  April 25, 2017, 11:46:26 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
Nice!
And yes, Karin is a good reference.
#210  June 20, 2017, 09:47:09 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com

I have not been able to make much progress sprite-wise because Captain Commando's coding is actually harder to do than I thought. Thankfully, I'm about 50% done with him.

I'm gonna actually try to work on these. Will probably give more priority to Asura, at least until his basic movement animations are completed.
#211  June 20, 2017, 10:21:38 pm
  • I have no idea what I'm doing.
    • UK
Tifa's walk animation doesn't have any bounce to it. And I don't mean the breasts , although I'll get to that in a bit, I mean she's not moving up and down as she walks. It doesn't make the animation look natural at all, because I have never seen anyone stay completely level all the time when they're walking. And also because she's staying level, there's no reason for the boobs to bounce like that at all :P

Also, I'm really not sure that those arms should move quite so loosely.

Other than that, great progress so far. Looking forward to what progress you make on Asura :)
#212  June 20, 2017, 10:29:13 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
I'm not sure if you are aware, but I never made that original animation. That was made by a dA user who planned on making a MUGEN character out of those sprites. He made about 3 animations, and I'm just converting them for convenience sake.

I could minimize the bounce (:<), but I'm probably gonna leave the arms alone.
#213  June 20, 2017, 10:55:00 pm
  • I have no idea what I'm doing.
    • UK
Oh, yeah, I remember reading that now. God, it must have gone out of my head at some point, since I haven't checked back here for ages. Sorry about that, man.

If you're just converting them, then fair enough, I guess. Not really much else I can say in that case :P (also i'd rather you keep the bounce but do what you think looks right)
#214  June 20, 2017, 11:08:33 pm
  • "VS. Style Debuts - CEO"
  • Death is the start of a brand new cycle
    • Brazil
    • Skype - emperorzankuro
    • https://shinzankuro.carrd.co/
That Asura updated stance sprite is absolutely fantastic! Can't wait to see more of him :D
- Want to commission me for a artwork? Just come here
- Donations is welcome

lui

#215  June 20, 2017, 11:09:35 pm
    • USA
NO THE BOOB BOUNCE MUST STAY ;A;
#216  June 20, 2017, 11:17:37 pm
    • USA
What if Hatter made the bounce more like Dragon Crown's Sorceress. Would you want it then, Walrus? : v

The idle animation looks really good, Hatter.  Also man, I didn't realize it's been 8 weeks since last post! Where has the time gone, hue. T-T

lui

#217  June 21, 2017, 03:16:43 am
    • USA
Yes. Yes I would
#218  June 21, 2017, 04:13:17 am
  • What is life without tacos?
    • USA
    • catanesetyler@gmail.com
Keep those tig ol' bitties bouncing
#219  July 03, 2017, 05:05:03 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Bouncing boobies win then.

Working on a new idle for Asura. Only have the motion pinned down so far (also made some miniscule changes to the previous sprite). I'm liking it so far, as it feels a lot more natural this time around (still needs a bit more work, but hey, its good for a rough animation).

It's gonna be a while before I can convert all the previous sprites to match the newness of these ones, wish me luck gaiz.

Also, gonna try to finish up the special attack codes for Captain Commando soon, I just encountered a snag with Captain Kick, but I'll try to resolve it soon.
Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 05:09:47 am by Hatter
#220  July 03, 2017, 04:03:35 pm
  • Robotics Engineer
    • USA
    • altoiddealer@gmail.com
Tifa's walk looks pretty damn good, especially from the waist up  :pleased:, but I think it may be an issue how far the one foot travels compared to the other.  Back foot is clearly a bigger step, so to me it looks like she's gimping along with an injured foot or something heh