KOS Ibuki (Read 33658 times)

Started by WooshaQ, July 14, 2010, 02:46:16 am
Share this topic:
KOS Ibuki
New #1  July 14, 2010, 02:46:16 am
  • Smart Icoca wannabe!
    • Poland
    • samouczek.com/
Perhaps some people recognize me here, I am the author of a lifebar called WooBar and screenpack series called King of Streets. King of Streets was more that a screenpack name, it was more than a simple compilation but still less that a full game, well... untill now. I'm taking my first steps into the character making and Ibuki is the first result! Originally based on GM version and edited by me. I added some new stuff into her.

Her gameplay is a mixture of few game elements, in order to make her like that I used some of the code and source materials made by different authors, namely:

GM (character base)
P.o.t.S (gfx)
rei (charge up code and sounds)
Warusaki3 (hitsparks and sounds)
(9) (burst up code and sounds)
fervicante (win quote code)
Kusare Miyabi (hitsparks)
NeoGouki (reversal code)
Muteki (destroyer code and gfx)
Armor Cage (gg miniature code and menu code)
 and a lot of help!
scabrouspencil (gfx)
Omar Dogan (gfx)
_Arthas_Cf (gfx)
and most likely some other people!

To download grab both files! Ibuki & System files*

* It contains cvs hitsparks, common graphics and sounds used with my edits.

I'm making a lifebar at the moment to match the overall system bar. More info soon!
Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 09:53:16 pm by Rajaa
Re: KOS Ibuki
#2  July 14, 2010, 02:57:52 am
  • im finally just like everyone else
    • sites.google.com/site/thespritehaven/
Cool character, I fail to understand the reason you need to add a victory screen to a 1.0 character. o_O

fucking bad poster asshole that home32 bitch
#3  July 14, 2010, 03:00:42 am
  • Smart Icoca wannabe!
    • Poland
    • samouczek.com/
Because at this point its too limited, the background needs to be fixed and the one I have uses stage as a background, not to mention the scoring system would not work!
#4  July 14, 2010, 03:01:30 am
True.

#5  July 14, 2010, 03:02:08 am
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico
    • maxbeta.webs.com/mugen.htm
Some of the features you've implemented are awesome sauce and more, but I think that Mugen 1.0 already defeats the purpose of having a coded "Victory Screen"

I'll probably change that "DESTROYED" GG font on my end...The featured move is nice, but I don't think the font blends well with SF3 sprites, but hey thats just me.

I still have to test her myself, so I'll report back with feedback when I do.

Other than that, it looks like you have a winner here.
"We need other people in order to create the circumstances for the learning that we are here to generate" RIP Adam Yauch aka MCA
www.instagram.com/tanooki_ninja
#6  July 14, 2010, 03:02:53 am
  • Recreation
Hey.
What other characters are being made KOS Style?
Some of the features you've implemented are awesome sauce and more, but I think that Mugen 1.0 already defeats the purpose of having a coded "Victory Screen"
There's a scoring system in the coded winquote.
1.0 doesn't have that.
#7  July 14, 2010, 03:04:16 am
  • ~~~ヾ(^∇^)
    • Argentina
    • darkgirl.mugenimperiolatino.com
Mhh... I like it! Thanks!  ;P
#8  July 14, 2010, 03:04:58 am
  • That's awesome!
    • Canada
#9  July 14, 2010, 03:07:17 am
  • Recreation
What are the system files for?
#10  July 14, 2010, 03:08:31 am
Common files for his edits.

#11  July 14, 2010, 03:13:22 am
  • Smart Icoca wannabe!
    • Poland
    • samouczek.com/
Both since there are lot of things that were coded, system files are just common resources that will be used by other characters. As for the other characters, i'm going to try and finish Arcueid, which sould be easier considering the whole system is almost done (now it's time to polish it and trace the bugs)
#12  July 14, 2010, 03:15:09 am
  • Recreation
Both since there are lot of things that were coded, system files are just common resources that will be used by other characters. As for the other characters, i'm going to try and finish Arcueid.
Whoa whoa whoa.
Street Fighter and Tsukihime characters in one actual full game?
Who else is going to be released?
#13  July 14, 2010, 03:19:59 am
  • Smart Icoca wannabe!
    • Poland
    • samouczek.com/
I have only 3 chars in mind, before I started working on Ibuki I edited a bit of (9) Arcueid, and MOTW Nanaya, I do plan to also release Ciel edit, there are the main characters I have in mind. Considering they are going to be a team of 3. Ibuki will go with Ryu and Gen. I'm trying to avoid too much of shotos so as much as i like ken i deleted him from the game, also don't expect sean, dan or sakura... only ryu and akuma when it comes to shoto. [size=4pt]If you want to try very early version of Arcueid, you can grab it HERE, but it's far from being completed, no system support, move timing is still based on MB, destroyed needs to fixed. etc. But it's 6 button at least.[/size]

When it comes to an additional screens, here are some old ones from my screenpack, most likely those character will be converted into KOS system, it actually take a lot of time since i pay a lot attenction to details, each stage has a properly looped music and such...

The sad news is it was supposed to look like this (in game shots):

But due to slowdowns on 720p resolution on more complicated (most of?) stages I had to cancel the work on hidef screenpack, the sad thing is that it was like 90% complete, but I just lost interest in finishing it :(
Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 03:48:19 am by WooshaQ
#14  July 14, 2010, 04:10:25 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/Masters/
Is anybody else getting this? I open the character up in Fighter Factory and I run it through 1.0 from Fighter Factory and I double Ibuki character on both sides and a massive debug flood seeking a Helper in statedef 6000-6001 ect?
#15  July 14, 2010, 06:27:48 am
  • DCB | Vato
    • Bolivia
    • www.justnopoint.com/dshiznetz
^same massive dbug
her command move list is kinda weird(for me) her punches are shown with x square and l1 and her kicks are circle triangle and r1 ???

her 1.0 portrait is a small icon

about her gameplay:
im not much an ibuki player at all and i hate using her in her latset incarnation in ssf4. The fx and sounds are nice and her supers/hypers i dont see any problems with them at all  :)
#16  July 14, 2010, 06:32:47 am
The command list is the second default button set for SF4.

#17  July 14, 2010, 06:38:34 am
  • DCB | Vato
    • Bolivia
its strange for those who dont have game controllers that arent formatted like that and want to know what the hell triangle could represent on a keyboard
#18  July 14, 2010, 06:41:16 am
  • Fuck You.
lolplaystationformat

But while I see the creativity its still hella complicated for the reason above

you probably shoulda just used the "lp, mp, etc" format
i cant count the reasons i should stay

one by one they all just fade away...

http://nero-blanco.deviantart.com/
#19  July 14, 2010, 06:57:29 am
  • DCB | Vato
    • Bolivia
Some more feedback:
while i use her in arcade mode her pause menu pops out of nowhere sometimes then i exit and it continues
takes forever for her to gain any power at all
some times the mini version doesnt show up in fights(yes)
#20  July 14, 2010, 07:11:12 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/Masters/
I tried again in RC8 (I do use a old version of Fighter Factory so I am assuming that caused doubles) and while the doubles are gone the debug flood still persists. Could it be because shes custom made for your KOS Screenpack? Looking over her .cmd shes still using impossible commands for ai and ai triggering. Seeing as this is an edit for 1.0 you could use 1.0's AILevel for proper ai activation and triggering. Also on cosmetics you could consider using SF4+ hit sounds that Chosis and Layer ripped from the game which you can find here in Shared Sounds subforum. I think it would make a nice addition.

I think the character still feels like it would be for WinMugen more then 1.0 but with some fine tuning or if shes for your sp then it's cool. Character plays well nonetheless so.

SNT

#21  July 14, 2010, 08:18:00 am
  • Super Old Bitter Dude
    • Australia
It's brilliant to see people making/editing Ibuki characters, she doesn't get nearly enough love.

Regarding that movelist you've got, a DP motion is Forward, Down, Down-Forward, not Down, Forward, Down-Forward.  Also, in order: Kubiori, Tsumuji, Hien, Kasumi Gake, Kunai, Kazakiri, Tsuiji Goe, Raida, supers are Kasumi Suzaku, Yoroidoshi, Yami Shigure and Hasshin Sho.  I'm guessing Crimson Mist (translates as Guren Kasumi or Kurenai Kasumi if you want it to match) has to be done at low health?

Either way, movelist doesn't work properly for me, can't see the generic movelist pieces, borders, menu options etc.  Even put in your system files as well, still can't see them, probably something to do with screen size, had it shortened to stop slowdown.  Also, even with PS2 notation, not everyone has their controller set up like that.  For instance, I rig my punches for Square, Triangle and R1, kicks for Cross, Circle and R2.  It'd be best just to stick to LP MP HP LK MK HK for the movelists.

Also can't get back throw to connect, and your Hasshin Sho has the same problem GM's does in 1.0; it's blockable after the first hit.

Also on cosmetics you could consider using SF4+ hit sounds that Chosis and Layer ripped from the game which you can find here in Shared Sounds subforum.
I can't take credit for the Super rips, but I agree.
Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 08:55:45 am by Chosis
#22  July 14, 2010, 09:31:59 am
  • Smart Icoca wannabe!
    • Poland
    • samouczek.com/
It is actual strange for the pause screen to pop up by itself. Never happened to me at least, miniature is a helper so it may be caused by helper number that is set in the config. But on the other hand it triggers at the beginning of the battle and should stay there since the only time is kill this helper is at the very end of the battle.

Her icon will be changed, she will also get a face portrait that is compatible with old woobar face space, but since i'm still working on a lifebar and a screenpack for the game it will have to wait.

I'm not sure how she looks on the other resolutions that 640x480, she was supposed to be 720p character but due to a slowdowns i experienced i had to move to a smaller resolution and the game will work under 480p which I cannot do anything about at the moment. (I know that the quote screen under 720p are messed up)

As for the flood I know, it's because of the character system, since it's an edit I had to work with a character with all vars in use, therefore in order to extend the number of free variables I created a helper and nearly all my system uses additional vars stored in that helper, therefore it may be problematic. The main culprit is the score system that reads enemys damage values (plus some other things that adds to the flood but that was my only idea how to solve reading damage value)

The problem with the missing menu pieces is again strange for me, I know you are all experienced mugen creators that is why it feels silly for me to ask but you put the system files in the right place right? Data folder?

The movelist can be awkward since I do play on a PS3 gamepad. But this can be fixed, it just something I have not considered before. As you can see it has english names, I'm still considering using the original Japanese romanji translations since for 100% ryu move names will be left in that form (hadoken etc.) the only thing is i'm not used to her romanji translations. The crimson mist is the name of the new move (the destroyer) and it can be performed at any time considering the character went tu burst state. Also I'm thinking about using facing in the menu, since for now it only shows movelist assuming the character is facing right (but on the other hand it's like that in most of the games)
Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 09:41:49 am by WooshaQ

SNT

#23  July 14, 2010, 11:15:01 am
  • Super Old Bitter Dude
    • Australia
The problem with the missing menu pieces is again strange for me, I know you are all experienced mugen creators that is why it feels silly for me to ask but you put the system files in the right place right? Data folder?
They're in data, yes, in their own folder called "kos".  I've changed up the fight.def accordingly.  If that's what's causing the problem and you want to stick with the individual character releases, you might want to accommodate for it being an individual release from now on.  Frankly, not everyone is going to switch over to a new fight.def for the sake of one new character.

The movelist can be awkward since I do play on a PS3 gamepad. But this can be fixed, it just something I have not considered before.
I play on a Dualshock as well, it's just that everyone has their own button configuration.
#24  July 14, 2010, 01:07:54 pm
  • Smart Icoca wannabe!
    • Poland
    • samouczek.com/
You don't have to really, since it's fightfx and common sounds which are not used that frequently, lifebar uses fight.def and not fightfx.def, am i right? So even if you replace the default mugen ones nothing should happened.