YesNoOk

Why do people preorder games? (Read 18887 times)

Started by Gennos, June 13, 2017, 11:15:43 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Why do people preorder games?
#21  June 15, 2017, 11:39:49 am
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com
If you're a really big fan the price wouldn't really matter especially when one is focused on a particular game.

It's why some people invest in mugen which is even more expensive.

If one is passionate about a particular thing like a hobby price would mean nothing or a minor obstacle.
sailormoongalaxy said:
I had read on Wikimoon, and I found it grotesque it was so wrong.
#22  June 15, 2017, 10:30:18 pm
  • Helpful Hermit
    • USA
I pre order for various reasons. I want it on day one, regardless of it will be readily available afterward, the bonuses are awesome and I want them, or because I believe the physical copies will go rare, and I like physical copies whenever I can get them. I barely ever buy digital unless I absolutely know there's no physical copy available. I've even bought foreign copies of games to avoid US digital only.
If you require my assistance, please feel free to contact me on Discord: 2DMirage#5299
Commissions/Requests are closed. Please do not ask.
#23  June 24, 2017, 03:28:10 pm
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
I pre-order a game when I know that I want the game, I know the game will be good, and know that getting a physical copy of the game would be a great challenge after release since there is such a high demand for it.

See, there are sane reasons for pre-ordering a game. It is no different from making a reservation for a hotel or a restaurant when you know that getting a spot will be difficult under normal circumstances.
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#24  June 24, 2017, 03:47:02 pm
Ah, about the matter of paying now vs. keeping the money for stuff you can buy now, I don't know where you preorder your games but at the gaming shops in here, I don't pay in advance. I pay when the game is in my hand.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#25  June 24, 2017, 06:07:18 pm
Here you have to put $5 down on a preorder in advance, and the rest is up to you. I usually prefer to pay in full in advance, especially if I have the money now and I'm not sure I will then.
#26  June 24, 2017, 10:04:31 pm
call me a cheap ass douche but i find paying more than 30 dollars for a game to be outrageous.
it's partially the reason why i made this thread. i thought because most of you guys seem in an average to humble financial situation, you wouldn't be too different from me.
but not all people think the same of course. tbh i enjoy games but not to the point of paying 60$+ on them on either preorder or retail purchase.
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#27  June 24, 2017, 10:15:13 pm
60 to 70 which is the usual for a new game of the latest generation is too high, but 30 ? lol yeah, right. You don't have a problem with preorder games waiting until they're released, you have a problem with any game on the current gen waiting a few years until the price is halved.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#28  June 24, 2017, 11:29:41 pm
  • Prince of Latis
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Canada
    • Skype - Whiplash-1
I only really buy Nintendo games (unless it's a big Fighting Game) so I don't tend to have the luxury of waiting until they lower in price. (as Nintendo game almost never do.)
#29  June 25, 2017, 12:15:45 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
call me a cheap ass douche but i find paying more than 30 dollars for a game to be outrageous.

I'm an adult living somewhat comfortably within his means now who doesn't have a lot of free time for games, but when I wasn't preorder layaway was essential

I'm sure some of us with brick and mortar shops can attest that when you don't have a lot to spend all at once on games using trade in pre-order bonuses and/or paying a little at a time is key

Whether you think a game is worth 60 dollars or not speaks more to a particular mentality than whether you think preordering is valid though because new games have been 60, 70, even 80 dollars American going back to cartridges
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#30  June 25, 2017, 09:07:42 am
again, that wasn't the only reason. my points about encouraging pre-order content and not getting the game right away still stand.
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞

lui

#31  June 25, 2017, 09:40:59 am
    • USA
I mean, 60 for a new game isn't exactly outrageous, in fact it's cheaper than it ever has been. people like to pre-order when they know that the game is going to be good down to the gut. I rarely pre-order games unless I KNOW for a fact it's worth it near the very end like Tekken 7 and KoF XIV. Another reason, specifically for online games, is to play it as much as you can while the game is alive online-wise. Some games are alive for a long ass time but nowadays that's a rarity, injustice 1 died only a couple months into its launch. SFIV might as well be dead at this point.
#32  June 26, 2017, 06:51:45 pm
  • Helpful Hermit
    • USA
People still play SF3OE all the time. I never have a problem finding opponents online.
If you require my assistance, please feel free to contact me on Discord: 2DMirage#5299
Commissions/Requests are closed. Please do not ask.