YesNoOk

2/14/14 - A Wild Chatman (Re)Appears (Read 45068 times)

Started by Chatman, June 04, 2013, 04:05:01 am
Share this topic:

Poll

What to do, what to do?

Give blood on heavy attacks occasionally.
Blood on all attacks.
No blood.
Include an extra mode, to be not creatively called master vega. Or, ooh, ooh, Lord Vega. Like a what if. Like, if he took over shadaloo...
No extra modes dummy. Keep it simple.
Re: Vega (Claw) - Please make me palettes or something edition.
#21  June 04, 2013, 10:08:21 pm
  • Back to the Beginnings
    • https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
PotS Vega? That's sharp.
By the way, what voice is he gonna use?
Hahaha, nice pun.

And at current, he's using his cvs2 voice set, but I am considering using the SF4 Japanese voices or both in conjunction, should I be able to find them. I haven't actually searched yet.
All of the voices from SF4 and SSF4 should be ripped. Just check the shared sounds section at MFG.
I'm also currently waiting for ArmorGon to rip Vega's voice from SFxT as well.
===My discord servers===
Unlimited Force HQ: https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Mega Man Megamix Engine Help Server: https://discord.gg/Wjm9GYU

Touhou database (by Ryouchi):
http://mugenfreeforall.com/index.php?/topic/8257-touhou-project/
you are all small and can't grow manly sideburns
#22  June 04, 2013, 10:46:52 pm
  • "I am all that is touched by none."
    • USA
Oh alright, thank you.

More progress:

I edited out a far medium that resembles the one from sf4 as you can see here:

And his previous medium kick from cvs2 is now his close medium kick like in sf4.

Beyond that, here are the palettes which exist thus far:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#23  June 05, 2013, 12:30:11 am
  • ...why it is always HARDer to be myself?!
    • Brazil
Man this Balrog just looks amazing!
You gonna make special intros (Balrog vs Ken)?
#24  June 05, 2013, 12:39:57 am
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
And at current, he's using his cvs2 voice set, but I am considering using the SF4 Japanese voices or both in conjunction, should I be able to find them. I haven't actually searched yet.
Why not use his English voice from SSF4? D:
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#25  June 05, 2013, 01:16:24 am
    • USA
Or both. I MYSELF would prefer the Japanese voices.

However. The wonderful thing about Mugen, is the amount of options.
#26  June 05, 2013, 01:27:23 am
    • USA
Why not use his English voice from SSF4? D:
Because no. >.< Nah, I'm just kidding. Both voices are good, this is just one of the rare cases where I prefer the japanese one. I don't know yet though. Because, you know, I actually know what he says with the english voice, haha.

Man this Balrog just looks amazing!
You gonna make special intros (Balrog vs Ken)?
He will get special intros, but that ain't one of them. Ken and Vega don't really share a connection, so it wouldn't make sense. Now, Vega and Chun-Li on the other hand...or even Vega and Cammy....

Or both. I MYSELF would prefer the Japanese voices.

However. The wonderful thing about Mugen, is the amount of options.

True enough.

#27  June 05, 2013, 01:50:48 am
    • USA
    • Skype - dainfinite
    • infiniteff.forumotion.com/
Damn Chatman,  no Goenitz? I was looking forward to him  :'(. But Vega is also a character that I would love to have, I'm looking forward to him now. Don't forget to back him up somewhere though just in case.
Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 01:53:53 am by Humanoid Typhoon
#28  June 05, 2013, 02:29:32 am
Whitesnake

Goth Kid
#29  June 05, 2013, 02:42:44 am
  • ...why it is always HARDer to be myself?!
    • Brazil
He will get special intros, but that ain't one of them. Ken and Vega don't really share a connection, so it wouldn't make sense. Now, Vega and Chun-Li on the other hand...or even Vega and Cammy....

Ken vs Vega...my memori tellme that this 2, fight because of some lady...i dont remenber...but whatever, maybe if you only make special intros vs ladies will make more sense.

Your Vega/Balrog will be able to lose Claw and Mask?
#30  June 05, 2013, 02:58:47 am
    • USA
Damn Chatman,  no Goenitz? I was looking forward to him  :'(. But Vega is also a character that I would love to have, I'm looking forward to him now. Don't forget to back him up somewhere though just in case.
That seems to be a common sentiment. Sorry yall. But yeah, Vega is on 3 different computers, as well as being archived in my files on mediafire. He ain't going anywhere, haha.

To Davismaximus: Beautiful palettes. Both are awesome.

Ken vs Vega...my memori tellme that this 2, fight because of some lady...i dont remenber...but whatever, maybe if you only make special intros vs ladies will make more sense.

Your Vega/Balrog will be able to lose Claw and Mask?

Your memory is correct sir. Street Fighter II V, the cartoon series, Ken and Vega fought in a wealthy spanish club as a deathmatch for entertainment. Vega stabbed ken a lot, shoryukened into the ceiling, probably dead, etc. I don't know, as much as I did like the moment, they just don't really seem to have enough of a shared history to go for a full out intro.

Definitely a winquote, maybe a winpose, but I can't promise a special intro.

Oh, and yes, the claw and mask will be able to come off.
Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 03:35:03 am by Chatman
#31  June 05, 2013, 05:23:34 am
  • Professional Procrastinator
  • Roman Numerals and Decimals should never mix.
    • USA
#32  June 05, 2013, 05:31:59 am
    • USA
Personal error that was still standing from the claws as well as the skin and rose sharing a first shade. Your palettes are actually fine now that everything in the palette and trouble sprites has been patched out.

But I wouldn't mind more.  :D Haha.
#33  June 05, 2013, 07:44:50 am
  • Taste my Shiny Dragon Raging Fire!
I see he has no Claw/Mask Throw. Maybe you should add this? Also, Claw/Mask Throw when throwing Claw away has no benefits to compensate a loss of distance and damage input. Maybe +300 power when thrown Claw? :)
Fun fact: I can't remain silent about problems of M.U.G.E.N, or the entire Gameworld, but i can't say about them without it turning into shitpost.

Akuma: Akuma Yuiko! *grabs Andy with SGS* Isshun Sengeki! *starts relentlessy beating Andy*
Andy: Ahhahhahhahahha!!!
#34  June 05, 2013, 08:28:34 am
    • USA
I see he has no Claw/Mask Throw. Maybe you should add this? Also, Claw/Mask Throw when throwing Claw away has no benefits to compensate a loss of distance and damage input. Maybe +300 power when thrown Claw? :)
Oh right. I actually just forgot to insert that into the movelist. I'll do it tomorrow, thanks.
#35  June 05, 2013, 10:37:40 pm
  • tired
No. There should be absolutely no benefit to losing Vega's claw. The point of losing his claw is to handicap his long range, not to trade it for something else.
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#36  June 05, 2013, 11:07:33 pm
    • USA
Yeah, but tossing the mask will affect the damage output. That's how it was in SF4.
#37  June 05, 2013, 11:08:09 pm
  • tired
I didn't address losing the mask because I already know how it worked. :P
#38  June 06, 2013, 12:06:46 am
  • Nostalgic Addic
  • Working...
    • USA
    • https://www.youtube.com/@NessTheAvatar
Glad to see one of the SF2 Originals finally getting this treatment!  Now we have Gen from SF1/SFA and Vega to look forward to, will try to submit some palettes!  :-)
#39  June 06, 2013, 12:17:10 am
    • USA
Yeah, but tossing the mask will affect the damage output. That's how it was in SF4.
Well nyeh, I was just clarifying.  >_< Haha. I just was being as clear as possible, you know.

Oh alright, thanks! I appreciate it.

I know this is offtopic, but what are your opinions on the ai patch I made for Rugal? Just wanna know if I need to switch my ai method before it gets to the point where I'm programming it for Vega.
#40  June 06, 2013, 12:19:03 am
  • tired
I didn't bother because I already have a different AI patch for him. Sorry, Chatman. >_<