YesNoOk

A "special" Rikuo (Read 11890 times)

Started by Cyanide, December 21, 2007, 05:44:38 am
Share this topic:
Re: A "special" Rikuo
#21  December 23, 2007, 04:36:12 pm
    • USA
    • twitter.com/inktrebuchet
maybe choppy wasn't the right word for it. it just seems it could be a little smoother. like his gills for example (on his ribs) they open and close very abruptly.
#22  December 24, 2007, 07:59:55 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#23  December 24, 2007, 10:52:47 am
    • USA
    • twitter.com/inktrebuchet
i made this new stance (on the left), its a lot smoother (IMO). if you are at all interested in using it, feel free.

by the way there was a lot more work behind this then just a couple extra frames, so its not some cheap attempt.
Last Edit: December 24, 2007, 11:02:48 am by ink
#24  December 24, 2007, 10:55:34 am
  • Coming Soon?
I always thought the abruptness of the gills was because he was trying to suck in water and failing kinda like the sea monster equivalent of breathing hard
Latest Yoshi alpha ready for feedback Aug 15th check here for details...
#25  December 24, 2007, 12:29:58 pm
  • Legendary XIII
    • New Zealand
Well there's crystal rage functioning properly. Hurrah at only 1 more horrible custom state move to go. I dislike custom states, they're annoying. It's the least horrible one too, Gems anger is pretty basic.

Things to do after i've got all default specials mapped out, EX them. On the bonus side, none of the throws function on jab or short so i've been able to cut down on my commands. The .cmd was looking a bit messy

Still got trick fish, sea rage and dark force to go in terms of moves.

Few more special hitsprites (stung, electrocuted, jedahs thingy) intros and win poses. Then i can start on tweaky shit. As we're hitting Xmas now, i'll have some extra time. Might get him to almost done by then end of my time off. I'll see how i go.

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#26  December 24, 2007, 12:32:08 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
I suppose you will be adding his custom intro versus himself.
#27  December 25, 2007, 09:39:21 am
  • Legendary XIII
    • New Zealand
You mean the frog one? Well yes that's going in but nuts to it being vs rikuo only. Also adding the water explosion to rikuo bouncing out of it intro from vampire hunter.

He has a number of winposes too. Pearls, lilypad, return to frog, backflip to pose, toxic smoke 2 peace signs out, strange butterfly thingy, pull tongue and water comes out of his head or something. I forget the rest, but there are many.

Anyone know of a bishamon that utilises the suicide animation? If not i won't bother ripping that for now.

#28  December 25, 2007, 10:45:29 am
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
3ha's does, just needs a fix to be win-compatible. And Deuce/BBH's Jedah supports the bloated up anim btw.
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
#29  December 25, 2007, 07:57:08 pm
How is he special he looks the same? Kind of lazy if you ask me....
#30  December 25, 2007, 07:59:07 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
... Not everything special looks odd or uncommon...
#31  December 25, 2007, 08:04:43 pm
Say you are playing a game and you beat a boss first form. Then he goes to second form but his sprite dosent change. Wouldnt you feel ripped off?
#32  December 25, 2007, 08:57:21 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
...what, like Shin Gouki?
#33  December 25, 2007, 09:59:15 pm
  • Legendary XIII
    • New Zealand
You didn't get the joke did you. Note that special is enclosed in quotes. In addition i've posted a rather bad edit of rikuo in the physically impossible god pose. Thats what makes him special, except it doesn't cos i would never, ever, include something like that in my characters. Hence the quotes.

Trick fish ripped and animated. Basic throw also allows you to spin round and slam them on the other side as well ala vamp saviour. In which it's very hard to do. This is much easier.

#34  December 25, 2007, 10:30:10 pm
More like this sort of second form.

Yes it is much easier but a different sprite altogether will stand out more and be more respect worthy.
#35  December 25, 2007, 10:30:49 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
It was a joke, there is a rikuo "stance" right in the new post refering to the special.

#36  December 29, 2007, 10:33:25 am
  • Legendary XIII
    • New Zealand
After a lot of swearing due to pallete issues, some more swearing due to other issues and finally saying fuck FF and using pal2act i've got Sea Rage started

I think, as far as things go it's quite pretty. Making it hit properly is next. As is making rikuo flash all the colours of the rainbow

#37  January 13, 2008, 12:41:09 am
  • Legendary XIII
    • New Zealand
Huzzah, this took ages. But it's done, and i can now ignore it

Gems anger is done as well. I have quite a bit left still, but i've got 90% of the difficult shit out of the way.

#38  January 13, 2008, 12:28:02 pm
Yay, an update, I thought this project would be forgotten :P

No Borders, No Nations
#39  January 13, 2008, 08:22:30 pm
  • "Everything that you know, is at an end"
I love all the attention that Darkstalkers seems to get in Mugen. Slowly one by one, an awesome version of each of my favorite Darkstalkers is being made. A personal thank-you from me to you for your project Cyanide =)

Sig by me
#40  January 13, 2008, 10:58:28 pm
  • Legendary XIII
    • New Zealand
Yay, an update, I thought this project would be forgotten

Not much chance of that. If i officially announce i'm working on something it will be finished. Well, brought to 98% at least.

If i don't announce it, then it's something i probably won't finish and you'll only hear about it when it's in a condition where it will be released.