YesNoOk

[W.I.P] Mel Masters W/ Rock Howard  (Read 368633 times)

Started by F. James Fernandez, October 15, 2004, 03:47:40 am
Share this topic:
Re: Mel Masters Wip
#61  October 20, 2009, 01:13:05 am
  • I like absurdist comedies and epic things.
I must say that I am impressed. A character with large, detailed sprites converted from sketches? :o

You, sir, are an inspiration.  :kugoi:

I must admit that making Ken's son a playable character is out of left field, but nevertheless, I wish you good luck with your endeavor!  :2thumbsup:

No lie, im not planning to tweak or use some of kens voice pack, it just wont go well at all. So i am going to have to find someone to make his voice. Dont ask me how the hell imma do that, but i will be searching around.

In that case, this site should help you with that task:

http://voiceactingalliance.com

I hope that this will be useful to you! Make sure to read the FAQ before doing anything there.
KudosForce, scavenger/packrat of games and anime that are the cream of the cream!

card sagas wars is gonna own put this in your signature if you agree
#62  October 20, 2009, 04:12:37 pm
  • I'm a empty vessel seeking to be filled.
    • USA
I must say that I am impressed. A character with large, detailed sprites converted from sketches? :o

You, sir, are an inspiration.  :kugoi:

I must admit that making Ken's son a playable character is out of left field, but nevertheless, I wish you good luck with your endeavor!  :2thumbsup:

No lie, im not planning to tweak or use some of kens voice pack, it just wont go well at all. So i am going to have to find someone to make his voice. Dont ask me how the hell imma do that, but i will be searching around.

In that case, this site should help you with that task:

http://voiceactingalliance.com

I hope that this will be useful to you! Make sure to read the FAQ before doing anything there.

Wow, thanks. I will sure look into that once I am ready for the voice on the first version release of Mel. And I know, out of all the characters that are out there, people would had expected sprites like these for popular characters. But I like creating things that people wouldnt normally do. Any ways, time for some spriting and cleaning. I need to get that damn twist done.
#63  November 03, 2009, 07:33:14 am
  • I'm behind you!!!
if you combine Ryu and Naruto this is what you'd get....he looks awesome though...cool
#64  November 11, 2009, 08:32:02 pm
    • USA
Hey guess sorry for the delay. lol FFXI be taking most of my time. I did some new frames and edited a few things but photobucket is acting up not wanting to make shit move. so ill show you what i have been doing.

I added a few more frames to the tatusmake because even though I am using refs I want to make it my own as well. Yeah i know its gonna give a few for delay but you try doing that kick and see what happens.

Old Tatsu

New Tatsu

New Frames missing one more frame when rising up and this is done once i shade things in.

Old Stance

Edited Stance edited the shoes

Now, I have edited a tons of stuff and working on new frames. I saw a lot of small mistakes on certain things like arms and hands and I went
into that to fix things up a bit here and there while working on new animations. I should post up more stuff soon. If people werent so damn lazy
in FFXI i could be here more.

trying to fix up his shoes for easier coloring and also fixing up some other things.

#65  November 11, 2009, 10:35:09 pm
Good job dez, cant wait to see the finished version. I having been doin any mel work since i started on Tetsuo custom move set. Good to see you doing work on this though.  :sugoi:

Edit 11:13pm:

Added pants shake or bounce. Not sure i did it right, cuz i dont know how to animate cloth movements. Tell me what u think.
Last Edit: November 12, 2009, 08:18:39 am by SolBlaze
#66  November 12, 2009, 09:50:59 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
The pants' bouncing is a nice idea, but I think you overdid the movement. The amplitude is too high and not very natural IMO.
#67  November 12, 2009, 06:52:42 pm
    • thedopehouse.webs.com/
The pants' bouncing is a nice idea, but I think you overdid the movement. The amplitude is too high and not very natural IMO.

I agree, the shorts move a bit too much. The type of jean shorts I wear dont move alot like that, tone down the amount they move and it should look better.
#68  November 12, 2009, 09:53:48 pm
Hows this..

#69  November 12, 2009, 11:47:29 pm
    • USA
#70  November 12, 2009, 11:57:55 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Yeah, the amplitude is okay I think (maybe still too big, but not so much anyway). However, the animation is a little jerky and not very natural nor smooth.
#71  November 13, 2009, 03:48:33 am
lol sorry im not good wit this 
#72  November 13, 2009, 06:05:34 am
  • Dark Sean's gonna slap yo' pitty on the runny kine
I think your second try at it is fine dude.

Don't push yourself too hard on one thing. :o
alexlexus you is the man because that gouken is really tight and you know hit back up ilearn how to code yesterday i was working on hugo sf3 i gave him this new where he say i am number 1 and he punch him then he elbow you then he do a dropkick good work alex text me back now iam really a fan of yours i am bout to get gouken peace out
#73  November 13, 2009, 05:00:08 pm
    • USA
Here's the think Keo, Jeans or harder clothes and or harder cotton types don't really move much. Best thing to do is to wear some jean shorts and a T-shirt and see how it moves and bends from there, oh but I do like the shadow from his hands on the pants. Don't know why the hell I didnt think of that when I did that animation. Try that out even record yourself just to see how things are. I do that a lot now that I have a camera. Give that a try and if not we can always edit that later. LOL we have a lot more crap to start. Once I get little tweaks here and there and finish that damn twist, Im going finish up the rest of the basics.

Oh Keo, that kick I was talking about is like this:

Donney Yen's Back Heel kick

Its an eight minute video so, the kick is on the 4:06 minute mark on the video. This would be perfect for Mel's forward + roundhouse or half circle forward roundhouse like Ryu's. Though I know he is a kid but hey, if you've seen that nice fight scene in GI Joe (crappy Movie) were kid Snake eyes and Storm shadow are fighting. He should be wild and cocky I think.
Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 05:05:02 pm by darkdez
#74  November 13, 2009, 05:06:40 pm
    • thedopehouse.webs.com/
Hows this..
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y231/SolBlaze/2_Stance.gif

I typically wear jean shorts and a tshirt and my clothes move somewhat similar to that (I mimiced that stance in the mirror to be sure), but my clothes are baggier than those clothes in that sprite so I'd assume they'd be tighter and wouldn't move as much as my clothes do. But I think that animation is fine for now, I'd move onto something else if I were you, the stance can be tweaked later if need be.
#75  November 13, 2009, 05:20:21 pm
    • USA
Indeed, but I would keep that nice shadow in those pants now. Only things that I am tweaking on animations that can use a frame or two extra to give it more of a cleaner look. I didnt need the twist but I just had to go there  :S lol but its a mission i started and must be done.  I just had to edit the shoes because the old way took too many coloring to it with its detail and shading. everything else was easy to color and shade except the shoes at that time lol.
#76  November 14, 2009, 12:04:26 am
Well, i dont have a camera either lol.... but heres what i done from the vid you showed me.

just need landing frame and lots of tweaking to do, in which i will do in a later time.

Edit: The shorts bounce is not important at this time. I just did it too see how it goes and learn to animated it i guess.
Thanks for all your opinions  :sugoi:

extra kick added and land
Last Edit: November 14, 2009, 02:47:10 am by SolBlaze
#77  November 14, 2009, 03:51:17 pm
    • USA
Nice work Keo as alway. Now that I am looking at it I can see how we can make thing animation way better.

1. The start-up on the kick is good.
2. When he is in position to laungh the kick there has to be speed. This is when we need to mess with the motion blur.
3. The kick when it reaches impact he needs to  bouch off the target a little.

So i am going to take this animation as if he was trying to kcik but miss which allows it to flow so good. Us another tweaked from or two to make the kick make contact. We all know that if we want to kick something hard we have to laungh our leg out before they get a chance to move.

Do what you can for now and iI will edit what I can. As always, team work baby!  :sugoi:
#78  November 15, 2009, 04:04:10 am
Last Edit: November 15, 2009, 04:09:41 am by SolBlaze
#79  November 15, 2009, 05:18:08 am
    • USA
Okay so this is whats going on with this project. Keo and I are planning to have a first release of Mel by med December.

Basics List

Stance
Crouch

Walking Forward Beta
Walking Back
Running Forward
Turning frame from opponnet switching sides

Jump Up
Jump Forward
Jump Back
Failing From Jumps

Stand High Hit three set
Stand Med Hit three set
Crouch High Hit three set

Crouch Med Hit three set
Twist Hit Def Beta
Dizzy
Lay on fall Beta
Hit back
Falling from getting hit

Stand Block
Crouch Block
Air Block
Block Broken

Counter (1)

Win Pose (1)
entrance Pose (1)
Lose By Time

This will be included with Mel's first release.
Last Edit: November 15, 2009, 05:58:20 am by darkdez
#80  November 22, 2009, 03:52:50 pm
    • USA
There was something we never included for you guys to see and that was his height from his stance so I wanted to show you it with a frame. Worry, not for we have a lot of animations being done at the moment. which will be posted here very soon.

I am afraid to say that my shading might have changed a little due to the fact of taking a break from Mel. So though I have looked through my old style I still manage to do things just a little differently. Feed back if you may, thank you.