YesNoOk

Ares' Project Thread (Read 104478 times)

Started by Seraphs Ares, November 28, 2012, 04:46:53 am
Share this topic:

Poll

For boundary research only (Pick two):

Ragna (*)
19 (21.8%)
Azrael (**)
13 (14.9%)
Es (*)
16 (18.4%)
Kokonoe (***)
21 (24.1%)
Mai (*****)
18 (20.7%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Voting closed: January 22, 2020, 05:59:18 pm

Ares' Project Thread
#1  November 28, 2012, 04:46:53 am
  • Ikemen GO / Mugen 1.1 characters in development.
    • Philippines
    • www.dailymotion.com/SeraphsAres2013

Time to revive this thread and cut to the point.

Current WIPS

Remember this? Me neither.

Winner of the BBCP vote: Bullet (BBCP Source Accurate)
-Progress (Update: 10-29-2019)-
Normals: Complete
Other (Throw/Assault Counter/Crush Trigger/Burst): Complete
Specials: Complete
Distortion: Complete
Astral: Complete
HUD: Complete
Effect: Complete
AI: Complete

Gfycat
HUD update
She will be released for Mugen 1.0 and 1.1.
-Mugen 1.0 will be the 'lite' version. I'll be excluding large sprites that makes the SFF file over 100 MB. I'm targeting the SFF file to be < 80 MB.
-Very few moves will be adjusted to correctly hit characters.
-Excludes negative penalty, same move proration.
-Release thread: Version 0.99

Spoiler: Project Iconoclast (click to see content)
Last Edit: October 31, 2019, 12:46:39 am by Seraphs Ares
Re: Seraphs Ares 'Project Blaz' Thread
#2  November 28, 2012, 06:56:46 am
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
Great to see you in action once more!  About the Hakumen edit, these are some interesting edits for his gameplay.  Though muscle memory would probably interfere from using him as if he was in the source heh.

So if I'm reading this right, Episilon's Air Kashuu can only be used once an air dash or a second jump's been inputted?  Is it possible to cancel a normal air attack to it, for it would give it more combo possibilities that way.

And seeing you adding the magatama system, are you using Haku=Len's coding as a template?

Ares' updated release would make a fine holiday gift haha!
#3  November 28, 2012, 05:10:25 pm
    • Philippines
Yep, Air Kishuu can be used after an normal attack, and during his ground hops. You can go wild and crazy with his combos. Also, Epsilon drops straight down after Air Kishuu so you can use it as a closing-spacing tool. It's recovery is pretty fast so you can link it to his drives.

Here's an example of a combo with Air Kisshu:

Anti Air Combo: Down C > Jump > Air B > Air Down A > Air Jump > Air C > Air Kishuu > Hotaru > Jump > Air B > Air Down A > Tsubaki
Around 300+ Damage there, with just 5 magatama. With Air Kishuu you can expect more wallbounces from Hotaru since you can Air Dash twice.

Anti Air Combo (Near Wall): Down C > Jump > Air B > Air Down A > Air Jump > Air C > Air Kishuu > Hotaru > Wallbounce
Follow-up with: Down C > Jump > Air B > Air Down A > Air Jump > Air C > Tsubaki

I've seen gameplay videos of the new Hakumen in Chrono Phantasma, so I made changes to his air gameplay. You can link Air B with his Air Down A.

And yes, I'm using Hakulen as a template and the reason I starting focusing on my Hakumen more frequently. I also made a special intro with her. His match win quote taken from Tao: "Your original.. ..was not this weak!"

I'm more focus on combo gameplay rather than just making the character. It really shows on my new updates. The Ares Beta before was a slap on of Aku's Ky Kiske with Jin's sprites. After that I just worked on his normal attacks and specials. Now, I've recoded the whole character, even overwriting some states in the common.cns. All my characters can be hit while their lying on the ground, but they can recover on lie down (State 5100>5110).

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 04:20:16 pm by Cyas
#4  November 28, 2012, 05:37:30 pm
  • Know your place Imbecile
    • Philippines
wow good to know Ares will be back in action cant wait for the release of Ares (man i still have the Ares in my roster)
#5  December 01, 2012, 05:05:35 pm
    • Philippines
Wargame-Kun: It feels great being back in the MUGEN Scene. Ares is much more upgraded this time around. I got more motivation to improve my release more, since I read somewhere that he's one of the 'decent' BlazBlue creations out there. (The best one being Neat's Nu-13.) Neat's release got me to strive more to make a very fun and playable Mugen Character.

Back to topic, here's some updates and future plans to my releases:

-Epsilon-5
 -Version 0.70
  -Fixed all Drive 'Catch' throws.
   -Added Custom Hit State to (Air) Drive Catch.
  -Added NotHitBy on State 0.
   -Cannot be hit during anim 0 after intro.
  -Added Gurren.
  -Added Kishuu -> Emna.
  -Added Renka.
  -Added Zantetsu.
  -Added Hotaku.
  -Added Tsubaki.
  -Added (Air) Kishuu.
  -Added Renka (Phase 2).
  -Added Zantetsu (Phase 2).
  -Added all sounds to all special attacks listed above.
  -Added Sword FX to all normal and special attacks.
  -Fixed Hit Velocity to most normal attacks.

-Updates to next version:
  -Hitdefs to all special attacks listed in 0.70.
  -Adding recovery in some custom states.

-Ares
 -Version 0.87
  -Added New Distortion, Touga Hyoujin (Phase 2)
   -Used after Touga Hyoujin. Source: Skip to 0:09
   -Must have Power > 750 to use. (This will change later to Overdrive only after CP is out.)

-Updates to next version:
  -Fix Corner Pushback on Stateno 225.
  -Add Pushback slide states.
  -Change State 235, 430 as projectiles.
  -Add Burst Projectile.
  -Add Rapid for Stateno 1000, 1010, 1020, 1100, 1110, 1120, 1150, 235, 430.
  -Add Throw Cancel into all specials, include turn.
  -Adding Arrow Projectile to Ride the Lightning Hiyoku Getsumei.
  -Adding Wave Projectile to Sacred Edge Touga Hiyoujin.
  -Adding Astral Finish: Zwei Voltage Rengoku Hyouya.

-Future Updates = To all BlazBlue Characters
 -Will have Overdrive Function (When Chrono Phantasma is released)
  -Ares: Can shock opponents with any sword attacks, including normals.
    Examples: Neutral C, Forward C, Down C, Air C, Air Down C, Senshouzan, Tesshougeki, Fubuki, Rehhyou
  -Epsilon-5: Massive Energy Regen, when in Overdrive then activates Final Judgement: Mugen = Special Drive attributes.
   Example: Drive > Mini-Yukikaze, (Air) Drive -> Tsubaki (Don't worry though, these attacks will be nerfed in damage with Proration greatly reduced.)
  -Delta-4: Small Health Regen, all Stein Gunners shoot at intervals. Charged Attacks will be available at start.
  -Gamma-3: Small Power Regen 2x swords to all Drive attacks.

Holy crap, I've been working on my Hakumen edit a little too much.. I barely touched my other creations this week. Also, expect a video for next update. I've been feeling lazy for uploading videos. Fraps has them at 3-4 gigs for just 6 mins; I upload my Fraps raw videos, so it takes at least an hour or 2 to have them up. Too lazy to compress, I need to probably change that. ;P

Anyway, slowly but surely my projects are getting done. They don't have effects, yet. They will soon enough. Busy week next week for me and I'm taking a few days off MUGEN. Not slacking off mind you, just work getting busy again. Besides, I gotta start working on the Complete Sound Pack.

And just off topic, I'll pack these themes in their .rar/.zip file when they get released:
-Ares' Theme - Hard Corps Uprising - Stage 8
-Epsilon-5's Theme - Hard Corps Uprising - Stage 8 Boss
#6  December 01, 2012, 05:15:28 pm
    • Philippines
i prefer that Ares have a Indignition (if you ever played Tales of the Abyss) seems fit on his Astral
#7  December 01, 2012, 05:17:30 pm
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
Why do some of Epsilon's moves require 3.5 or something Magatama? I'm willing to guess there's a reason Aksys doesn't have any of Hakumen's moves cost a fraction of a Magatama: it's difficult to tell if it's over half for the most part.
Edit: That is, unless you plan on breaking the gauge up in half like how Jin's Heat meter is split into 1/4 rather than 1/2 because of his EX moves.
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#8  December 01, 2012, 05:26:38 pm
    • Philippines
Wargame: Haven't played it yet. I'll look it up. Sounds interesting though.

C.A.N: Ah, you reminded me of the HUD system for Epsilon. I forgot to mention that. It's going to have the '8' magatama just like Hakumen's, but unlike Hakumen's HUD the bar is split in half. I didn't work in making the HUD yet. I'm still focused on adding attacks then balancing them. My Hakumen edit has a chance (Edit: Given that he has enough Magatama.) on any 1 tick active throw characters, which is most of the characters I have on my roster (Guilty Gear, Big Bang Beat).
#9  December 01, 2012, 05:28:06 pm
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
Ah, that silences my concern. Thanks for clearing it up. With any luck, I'll be there to provide feedback upon their update/release.
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#10  December 01, 2012, 05:49:41 pm
    • Philippines
#11  December 01, 2012, 05:58:30 pm
    • Philippines
Wargame: I just watched it. I have a good vision how it might work.. ..Like this?
#12  December 01, 2012, 06:03:29 pm
    • Philippines
seems legit
#13  December 01, 2012, 08:01:06 pm
  • Five Dynasties of Water
    • Mexico
    • Skype - alchemistofatlas
While she might be a Private/Closed release, the one I feel more interested on is in Noel. Hope to see you can do a better work around her than many others haven't had much success.
PotS said:
That they don't just restrict themselves to my style.

Fact.
#14  December 01, 2012, 11:59:44 pm
    • Philippines
Sion Eltnam Atlasia: I have Noel as a Closed Project due to her massive amounts of PosSet in her states. It's rather very tedious when it comes working with her. When I planned my return to MUGEN, I wanted to release Ares with Epsilon, Delta, and Noel. Delta is giving me debugs and loop crashes, so I scratched her out of the release list. I want to have a Noel and Mu-12 release fest when I have the chance. Technically, Noel and Mu-12 is on hold for now. My mind is set on Ares, Epsilon, my Nu edit, and later Platinum character I have in mind.

Sometime in the future I'll come back to work with her.
Besides I have her palette ready and..

..I won't let Ares miss his chance you know?

I'm still learning Noel in BlazBlue, so when I get creative down the line, I might add in a edit release in the future. She'll be released with Delta-4.
#15  December 02, 2012, 07:29:19 am
  • Five Dynasties of Water
    • Mexico
    • Skype - alchemistofatlas
Ok then, I'll be waiting patiently for when that moment comes. Wish you good luck on this project.
PotS said:
That they don't just restrict themselves to my style.

Fact.
#16  December 04, 2012, 11:59:47 pm
    • Philippines
Ares' Secret Astral

I had a free day, so I just worked on his second Astral. I just gotta add a couple of effects (Explosion at the end, and the Astral Finish text). It's as close as I can get it to original thing.

Source: Skip to 9:48.
#17  December 05, 2012, 05:58:58 pm
    • USA
    • speedy9199.webs.com/index.htm
I got more motivation to improve my release more, since I read somewhere that he's one of the 'decent' BlazBlue creations out there.

Blazblue characters being good or bad now is mostly more of an opinion because all of them are made differently. You should try different versions yourself to make your own judgement about the current ones and not go by just people's feedback if it's good or bad. I say this because some people only go by the character's accuracy to determine if it's good or not which shouldn't always determine it's quality.

Here is my advice: You should make them for Mugen version 1.0 + right away. No one really uses winmugen anymore, it is too old now. If you make more things for winmugen and when you do finally convert them to Mugen 1.0, the more work you previously did the more of a pain in the ass it will be to make the change in the future. Your characters should have a lot more hitsparks and special effects. I would have liked your original Ares more but it lacked this and it felt kind of boring to me. :( I know hitsparks are not everything but you should at least try to add something fairly decent.

If you want, you can use things/get ideas/look at my Blazblue characters for your project which will prabably speed things up for you when working. Just click on the link to my website in my sig.

Also, WOW the creator of the first B.B character is back. O_O
The answer to most of your mugen problems is to know more math.

How can you get the "feel" of a character if you are only touching a keyboard or controller?!?!
#18  December 05, 2012, 06:05:58 pm
    • USA
Correction, Speedy. There are some people that do, infact, still use WinMUGEN. Yet, the race of WinMUGEN is very slim. So, therefore, Ares, a bit of advice, you should make 2 .def's, one for the WinMUGEN users, the other for the 1.0 users.
*New Site* (W.I.P)
(Willing to host creations, just hit me up!)
https://cozysquirtlemugen.weebly.com/
#19  December 05, 2012, 06:11:08 pm
    • USA
    • speedy9199.webs.com/index.htm
Correction, Speedy. There are some people that do, infact, still use WinMUGEN. Yet, the race of WinMUGEN is very slim. So, therefore, Ares, a bit of advice, you should make 2 .def's, one for the WinMUGEN users, the other for the 1.0 users.

But the thing is if he does that, when he decides to update the character in the future it is double the work. I will soon run into a problem like this with my characters with the localcoord, using two .defs. It is A LOT of work and you should mostly focus on one type of setting I have found IMO. If you do two things at once there is always the chance of error and they might not be similar. But if you have a lot of time it is possible.

EDIT:

I have Noel as a Closed Project due to her massive amounts of PosSet in her states. It's rather very tedious when it comes working with her.

Why would you need all those possets? And why would the possets be effecting things with other characters so she can’t be released? (If that’s what you mean by reading your post) I created a Noel without using a ton of possets (some, but not a lot). You might want to look over your coding and see if there are ways to “get around” from using the possets. You might be doing something wrong. You say she is tedious to create, but I have found that Noel is one of the easier ones to create if going by accuracy IMO. Are you making a custom Noel or a more accurate Noel?

The answer to most of your mugen problems is to know more math.

How can you get the "feel" of a character if you are only touching a keyboard or controller?!?!
Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 08:09:14 pm by Speedy9199
#20  December 05, 2012, 08:15:05 pm
    • Philippines
Whoa there Speedy9199, I wasn't trying to offend or provoke anyone there with that statement. Before I came back to MUGEN, I was browsing around for BlazBlue characters for WinMugen. That's where I stumbled upon that comment, which was back in 2011. Also, I'll be honest Speedy, I never had a chance to try any of your characters. My comp lags with 1.0.

I will say this though Speedy9199, and any BlazBlue creator out there: I respect every creations out there, whether or not they are BlazBlue-accurate. I don't dislike or hate any creations made if not created right. Example: Bad CLSN or bad coding. It's the creators choice how that character is created. Besides, I have the choice whether or not to download and put that character in my roster. And I know how it is to create a character and it turns out to be bad. I also had to go through with all the criticism, whether I like it or not.

That's MUGEN, you can't satisfy all the fighters out there.

I would have liked your original Ares more but it lacked this and it felt kind of boring to me. :( I know hitsparks are not everything but you should at least try to add something fairly decent.

Oh boy, you don't know how much e-mail/PM/youtube messages I've received back in the Mugen Infantry days. I just disappeared without a trace and I didn't have anyway to contact anyone, except for DarkFang/Spartan from Mugen Infantry. I don't know if he manage to relay my message to everyone.
I put this up in my Project Blaz Update video description, but for those who didn't read: I got the blue screen first, which allowed me to work with the original Ares some more, then out of nowhere, my old laptop died. I later found out it was due to a hard drive failure.

I did quit MUGEN for a while though, which was around Jan-Feb of 2011 because I had lost everything, but picked up sprite and sound ripping from an friend of mine, so I a lot of materials, plus motivation to finish what I started. Then boom, here I am.

Anyway, I had many people leave me messages asking whenever I'll be back or whenever I had the chance to release my update for him. I never got around to respond to most of them because I had no working computer, and life was (and is still, not as bad though) killing me. Now since I'm here, I can work with completing him. Right now though, I'm working with his gameplay and making him feel like different than Jin. What's the point in the effects if the my character doesn't play right? But when I do release Ares, or any of my characters, I will add the hit sparks and all the flashy effects.

I am that slim percentage. My comp runs WinMugen more smoother than 1.0 at the moment. For some reason 1.0 has a bit of a small lag when I run it full screen. I have MUGEN 1.0 sitting in my desktop though.

I also know about the fact that I have double the work to do, but, I did do my research. I looked up the differences and what changed in 1.0. I changed some of the coding I have in my characters to work in 1.0 when I later convert them. I have the scale code with const(size.xscale)/const(size.yscale) so when I manage to convert to MUGEN 1.0, I can add that localcoord in his def and the effects are good to go. The only thing that needs to be done is his velocity/gravity/AI.

And just because we're on that topic. I already made Win Quotes for Ares/Epsilon-5 for 1.0. Click below!

Posted: December 05, 2012, 08:19:38 pm
I'm still learning Noel in BlazBlue, so when I get creative down the line, I might add in a edit release in the future. She'll be released with Delta-4.

Mainly this Speedy. I'm still thinking of a custom gameplay for my Noel. As you can see in the quotes a little up on this post, I'm planning to work with her. Also, I meant PosAdd. Veladds or velsets makes the character 'slide'. You don't slide while you take big steps, do you? XD