YesNoOk

Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS / Wii U (Read 2278973 times)

Started by Titiln, November 19, 2004, 06:28:24 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS / Wii U
#8201  September 29, 2014, 10:18:44 am
  • Dance the night away!
    • Australia
9/26

"Pic of the day, For the 3DS version, you can select alternate tracks for stages by holding down the R Button while you select the stage--the brown drop shadow that frames the stage image when you hold down the R Button indicates the alternate track is active. For the Living Room stage, the alternate track is the vocal version of the default track. Songs with vocals aren't the best match for battles, but the song was too good to leave out, so this is how we chose to include it."

"Also, For the Boxing Ring, if you select the stage while holding down the L Button, you can play on the Smash Bros. version of the stage. If you hold down the Y Button, you can choose to play on the Punch Out! version. These variations are usually selected at random, but this method lets you select them manually."
Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 12:45:10 pm by likiji123
#8202  September 29, 2014, 10:47:42 am
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
Got to play Smash Bros. 3DS at EGX yesterday. They seem to have increased the cooldown time of the down-smashes, but that could just be me. Greninja is freaking awesome, Bowser seems really OP and Captain Falcon's "Show me ya moves!" taunt has returned to its Melee speed, I do believe.

On the subject of Falcon, Raptor Boost appears to have had its horizontal distance decreased, but the aerial variant doesn't feel as useless any more.

Didn't get to play the Wii U version as it wasn't a stand you could queue up for. Something about winning consecutively on the Smash 3DS multiplayer version (there were two: the single player stand and the multiplayer stand) granted you access. Ah well. That said, the winners of the Wii U version mini tounament got a Smash 3DS XL with the game pre-installed :s

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#8203  September 29, 2014, 02:36:02 pm
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
9/26

"Pic of the day, For the 3DS version, you can select alternate tracks for stages by holding down the R Button while you select the stage--the brown drop shadow that frames the stage image when you hold down the R Button indicates the alternate track is active. For the Living Room stage, the alternate track is the vocal version of the default track. Songs with vocals aren't the best match for battles, but the song was too good to leave out, so this is how we chose to include it."

"Also, For the Boxing Ring, if you select the stage while holding down the L Button, you can play on the Smash Bros. version of the stage. If you hold down the Y Button, you can choose to play on the Punch Out! version. These variations are usually selected at random, but this method lets you select them manually."

It's like super smash bros. melee as i've remembered
#8204  September 29, 2014, 04:47:17 pm
  • My username has a history to it.
    • USA
    • pineappleproducer.webs.com/
Haha, I was wondering why the border changed color when you pressed the R buton.

In other news, it looks like we got another glitch on our hands!

*I have an uncle who can't grasp why Donkey Kong isn't on PlayStation 3.
*EMBRACE YOUR INNER WEEABOO!!! :D
*Proud owner of Godzilla on PS4.

#8205  September 29, 2014, 06:44:29 pm
  • Video Game Veteran
  • Can you do it? SUREYOUCAN!
    • USA
    • gcnmario.free.fr
So..... Every time regular Yoshi turns Giant Yoshi into an egg, it keeps increasing size? Does this work for all Giant character matches, or just Giant Yoshi?

"You must defeat my flaming
dragon punch to stand a chance."
#8206  September 29, 2014, 07:22:31 pm
  • Just A Dude...
  • For me, it was Tuesday...
    • Canada
    • chaoticdarkness.deviantart.com/
#8207  September 29, 2014, 10:08:55 pm
  • Magna Power
  • Its Hotdog time. Hot.... Dog...time...
    • neofiresonicmugen.webs.com

this website is stupid
#8208  September 30, 2014, 02:24:28 am
  • Dance the night away!
    • Australia
#8209  September 30, 2014, 12:03:09 pm
  • Dance the night away!
    • Australia
The pic of the day is sure taking its sweet time..
#8210  September 30, 2014, 12:13:46 pm
  • Professional Procrastinator
  • Roman Numerals and Decimals should never mix.
    • USA
9/30

I added colored outlines to help distinguish teams on the 3DS. So what about the Wii U? Well, it's just as you see here. Although the outlines look pretty thin in this picture, their width remains the same at all times. In other words, the further away the camera pulls (and the smaller the fighters appear), the more visible the outlines will be.
#8211  September 30, 2014, 02:48:13 pm
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
What, where was that posted? I can't see it on Miiverse at all :s

Going by two different sources, the text appears to be:
Pic of the day. In the 3DS version, your fighter gets outlined by your team color. So, how does this work in the Wii U version? Check out this screenshot. In this picture, the outlines may seem faint, but the color intensity is consistent. This means that the farther away and smaller your fighter appears on the screen, the clearer the colors will look.

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#8212  September 30, 2014, 03:59:52 pm
  • Professional Procrastinator
  • Roman Numerals and Decimals should never mix.
    • USA
It was a translation of what the Japanese Miiverse post said and since it was the same thing just worded different i decide to just leave it instead of updating it when the Facebook description went up.
#8213  September 30, 2014, 05:13:01 pm
    • Philippines
    • https://web.archive.org/web/20181226221429/http://moogen.piiym.net/

Makes sense.
#8214  September 30, 2014, 05:58:29 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Yeah, I can see that.  It's not the first time that's happened either.  Ice Climbers and Mr. Game & Watch were both just named after their games in the original Japanese versions, and were only given actual names (such as they were) in the localizations.  Makes sense that they'd follow suit for Duck Hunt.
#8215  September 30, 2014, 06:05:10 pm
  • Video Game Veteran
    • USA
    • gcnmario.free.fr
Doesn't Nintendo have beta testers that test this stuff out? Why didn't anyone in there look for that bug with characters keep growing? I'd imagine it would've been somewhat obvious to look for as a beta tester.

In any way, I guess that's the US version character select? Guessing from the name change to Duck Hunt Duo, where Japanese is just Duck Hunt.

#8216  September 30, 2014, 06:13:00 pm
Because in today's video game industry (where games are +5 times more complicated to code), maybe it never happened during the time they were testing?
#8217  September 30, 2014, 06:19:13 pm
  • My username has a history to it.
    • USA
    • pineappleproducer.webs.com/
@Mgbenz Well, still a better name than Duck Hunt, I suppose.

@Sheng Long I wouldn't freak out too bad about it. They can just patch it, which I'm sure they'll do.
*I have an uncle who can't grasp why Donkey Kong isn't on PlayStation 3.
*EMBRACE YOUR INNER WEEABOO!!! :D
*Proud owner of Godzilla on PS4.

#8218  September 30, 2014, 06:28:28 pm
  • *insert a generic quote here*
    • Brazil
    • eeomc@hotmail.com
"i'm going to see if the game has a bug that makes yoshi able to make giant characters grow even more by swaling them in multi-man smash", yep, it would be the first thing that i would check.
#8219  September 30, 2014, 08:29:25 pm
Doesn't Nintendo have beta testers that test this stuff out? Why didn't anyone in there look for that bug with characters keep growing? I'd imagine it would've been somewhat obvious to look for as a beta tester.

In any way, I guess that's the US version character select? Guessing from the name change to Duck Hunt Duo, where Japanese is just Duck Hunt.
do you ever think about what you just typed before hitting "post"
#8220  September 30, 2014, 11:06:22 pm
  • Video Game Veteran
    • USA
    • gcnmario.free.fr

do you ever think about what you just typed before hitting "post"
^ Do YOU::)